• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What to use instead of Lecithin?

lecithin msud piracetam isoleucine valine aminoacid genetics tmao trimethylamine n-oxide choline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bosnacium

• 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hi to all good people of LongeCity, you provide tons of awesome resources for which I Thank You kindly!

I am hoping some of you can provide some insightful information in regards to substitutes for Lecithin.

I recently sent my DNA in for a test via Ancestry/23andme/Geno 2.0 (Haplogroups: I2a2 & J1c3) and through many different sites and programs I was able to study my (data) genetics a bit closely. My primary goal was to learn more about health related risks and such just because it takes FOREVER to get anything done when it comes to doctors in my neck of the woods (Boston, Mass).

There seems to be a link to Alzeimer's in my family and two different sites (SNDpediaLinks & Promethease) has suggested that someone with my genetic background should take Piracetam. I found this very cool but then I learned that I carry something called MSUD (Maple Syrup Urine Disease -- dumb name) which is a gene defect where people people cannot breakdown amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. All my life I knew I mostly disliked most of dairy and now I know why. I also became lactose intolerant in my 20s which my DNA test confirmed as something that would likely happen in my adult life. As a kid, I enjoyed ice-cream but ever since my 20s it feels like my stomach is being stabbed to death. (This is all in regards to Lecithin also being linked to coronary heart-disease due to fact that gut-bacteria turns Lecithin into trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO) — metabolite of phosphatidyl choline.) so I would like to find something safer for myself.

Anyway.. my issue is that I already bought 120 pills worth of Piracetam from Romania and also 120 pills worth of Lecithin as I read that those two are good to pair up together. Now, I will likely finish all of this Lecithin because I don't want to waste money but I need to know what subsitutes for Lecithin can I take to use it with Piracetam? I am obviously sensitive to Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine so what are my other options?

Thank You very much in advance. Looking forward to any type of insightful information you may be able to provide. :) I'm simply looking to better my health and be the most optimal human (within my reason) I can possibly be.

If anyone is interested, this what health risk reports look like when you run your raw DNA data via SNPpedia.

Cheers to all.

Edited by Bosnacium, 28 August 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#2 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

Take a look at the Mr. Happy Stack, aka uridine + fish oil + choline source (usually alpha-GPC or ALCAR). I also like DMAE.

Here is the thread:

http://www.longecity...ne-uridine-dha/

Good luck!

Edited by Fenix_, 30 August 2015 - 06:11 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

I'd recommend one pasture-raised egg daily, maybe even just 5 per week.

Pasture-raised hens' diet consist of 10-30% insects by weight, and is rich in lipids and proteins.  Varieties of eggs are commercially available which have been obtained from chickens fed a diet containing no animal fat. Presumably, less saturated fat in the diet of the chickens could explain the decreased fatty acid composition of various classes of biological lipids, including phospholipids, in the eggs from these [commercially available] chickens.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 tarasco

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

Toss the lecithin...it's cheap enough....

http://www.swansonvi...-grams-granules

I can't tell you what to use instead...that's for your research....
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lecithin, msud, piracetam, isoleucine, valine, aminoacid, genetics, tmao, trimethylamine n-oxide, choline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users