• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to reverse grey hair (Life Extension)

gray hair grey hair catalase

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Fred C. Dobbs

• 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

The Life Extension (LEF) website forum had a very long-running thread titled “How to reverse grey hair.”

The entire forum was recently deleted.

Does anyone have a back-up copy or summary or the skills to snatch a cached version?

I propose we continue the discussion here. Thanks!

Here is a start:

http://web.archive.o...verse-grey-hair

#2 Mr.No

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

I just ordered copper 3mg and 500mg PABA for this purpose. Will post results in about month...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

from what i know grey hair (not entirely) but relevant is caused by build up iron. there was chelation of iron that slowed down grey hair in one case report i have read. of course chelation might get rid of other metals too so iron might not be solely involved

#4 amw

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

Ever since taking transdermal progesterone, pregnenolone, and DHEA, I've noticed much less grey hair. 

#5 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:27 AM

I've seen anecdotal reports of melanotan helping. I use melanotan but can't say either way.

I myself am a shade of blonde that doesn't seem Grey until very very late in life. What's the connection between some shades of blonde hair and not graying? My grandfather didn't go Grey until right before he passed away, by weeks. Always thought that was odd.... That's even more odd now that I'm into longevity and remembering that.

Edited by Rocket, 12 April 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#6 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

Ever since taking transdermal progesterone, pregnenolone, and DHEA, I've noticed much less grey hair. 

like progesterone cream that you put on your body? i know dhea is sold like a cream too and both are more active than oral

#7 amw

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

like progesterone cream that you put on your body? i know dhea is sold like a cream too and both are more active than oral

Yes, I use Progesta-Care Complete, which is a transdermal application that I apply every other day (at half the suggested dose, for it is intended for women, and from what I've read, men don't need as much). In addition, I take 10mg of DHEA, once a week. I feel great and my libido is through the roof. I get wood every morning, not unlike when I was in my teens. I started taking it after reading about the purported health and wellness benefits, including DHT control. After a couple of months I started to notice that not only did I have less fall-out, but my hair was thicker and darker...less grey.

#8 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:19 AM

Yes, I use Progesta-Care Complete, which is a transdermal application that I apply every other day (at half the suggested dose, for it is intended for women, and from what I've read, men don't need as much). In addition, I take 10mg of DHEA, once a week. I feel great and my libido is through the roof. I get wood every morning, not unlike when I was in my teens. I started taking it after reading about the purported health and wellness benefits, including DHT control. After a couple of months I started to notice that not only did I have less fall-out, but my hair was thicker and darker...less grey.

amw can you elaborate a bit on how old you are and was the greying of hair recent thing or it has been going on for a while? also, not sure if possible here but maybe msg me the DHEA product you take since i tried various types usually oral with no effect. :/

#9 amw

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

amw can you elaborate a bit on how old you are and was the greying of hair recent thing or it has been going on for a while? also, not sure if possible here but maybe msg me the DHEA product you take since i tried various types usually oral with no effect. :/

I'm 46 and the greying started a few years ago. Most of the grey on my head has been replaced by dark brown hair. However, my beard still has some grey in it, looking darker over-all than it was previously...just sent you a message.

#10 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:36 AM

I don't have the full study:

Dermatol Ther. 2016 Dec 5. doi: 10.1111/dth.12436.
Novel technique for repigmentation of senescence grey hair.

Goren A1, Bolanča Ž2, Lotti T1, Šitum M2.

University of Rome "G.Marconi".
Department of Dermatovenereology, University Hospital Center "Sestre Milosrdnice".
PMID: 27917579

#11 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

I don't have the full study:

Dermatol Ther. 2016 Dec 5. doi: 10.1111/dth.12436.
Novel technique for repigmentation of senescence grey hair.

Goren A1, Bolanča Ž2, Lotti T1, Šitum M2.

University of Rome "G.Marconi".
Department of Dermatovenereology, University Hospital Center "Sestre Milosrdnice".
PMID: 27917579

Attached Files

• like x 2

#12 Kenbar

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

I have heard that once a hair goes white...dats it. Hair coloring is the only real solution. That or learn to love white hair...It's sexy. Or so I like to think.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#13 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

I may add that nicotinic acid worked for my relative in terms of restoring hair color, just not fully (on 500mg).

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#14 Olivia Fair

• 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

There are definitely ways to hide and perhaps even reduce graying but there is no way to reverse it. With time, the cells in your body constantly renew themselves. The process we call aging is caused by the body not being able to produce new cells of the same quality. New cells are made from the old cells, thus the effects of aging pile up and cannot be reversed. Once hairfollicles are unable to produce hair with pigment as before, the hair becomes gray and remains gray. Everyone ages differently and at different speed but that is nothing to be afraid of and certainly anyone can look good at their age if they take care of themselves.So one way is choose right color on newaylook and go to dye, there are tone variants

I hope I did not come off too harsh.

d6a9d46744ce215e3563c631d5f5afee.jpg

Edited by Olivia Fair, 07 February 2017 - 08:09 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Informative x 1

#15 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

there is no way to reverse it

I just posted how you can reverse it and then you go on to claim that there is no way. Good grief.

• Agree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#16 ekaitz

• 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

What about an red light  LLLT helmet?

How can we skyrocket catalase?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gray hair, grey hair, catalase

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users