• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Xanthohumol better than Resveratrol in Nerve Growth?

xanthohumol resveratrol longevity beer wine ngf nerve growth

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheLifeScience

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

I've been reading posts on here for a while, and I finally had a question to post about.

I'm debating on adding one of these to my regular, baseline supplements which so far consists of:

Magnesium L-Threonate (Mercola) 4000mg+ daily (helps SO much with ADHD)

Mens Multivitamin One A Day Pro Edge (Bayer)

L-Tyrosine 500mg mornings (Jarrow Formulas)

5-HTP 150mg nights (MRM supplements)

I just ordered some Coluracetam (Ceretopic) to try as my first racetam (after a whole weekend of binge-researching about concentration supplements) and I want to have a solid baseline to start from. I just started taking the Magnesium L-Threonate and I feel my focusing abilities are already better.

I'm adding Omega 3 (Life Extension) this week also.

I've recently seen that grape-derived Resveratrol has had great effects on longevity, but it looks like hop (beer)-derived Xanthohumol might be better. I couldn't find the actual research, but another member found this article using the Wayback site:

Enhancement of NGF production by orally taken substances
In vivo activity of xanthohumol from hops and dry powders of Ashitaba was examined in rats by oral administration. Contents of NGF in the submandibular gland, the brain and/or the gastrocnemial muscle were compared after four days of oral administration. 

Xanthohumol was orally given once daily for four days at the dose of 3 mg/kg of body weight. NGF content in the gland was more than 80-fold higher in the treated group than in the control. Furthermore, the scientists observed as high as 20% increase of NGF contents in the brain of rats orally given xanthohumol. 

Rats were fed by diet containing 1% Ashitaba dry powders (estimated dose: 750 mg/kg/day) for four days. The rats showed as high as about 20% increase of NGF concentration in the gastrocnemial muscle compared to animals given a normal diet. 

As mentioned above, the scientists have demonstrated the possibility that dementia and peripheral neuropathy can be prevented by daily taking the medicinal food such as Ashitaba and hops. Especially, it seems to be of greater interest that NGF content in the brain was increased by oral administration of xanthohumol. The Biomedical Group has already filed patents for these discovery and compounds.

https://web.archive....ervegrowth.html

Has anyone tried Xanthohumol? Or found any research about Xanthohumol that could support this study? There are also a lot of Xanthohumol extracts available now.

Attached Files

• Informative x 1

#2 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

I think this post has been overlooked due to your being new here at the time TheLifeScience.

The way back site? It sounds  interesting!?
I think a lot of older studies/knowledge are being overlooked and fading into myth and should not be!

Pinecone and Pine pollen are an example I found.
Fish in rivers flowing through pine forests undergo a sex change to male due to the pollen in the water and its effects on testosterone..!
Now these studies were just barely digitised.  ie: jpg images of the typed study.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xanthohumol, resveratrol, longevity, beer, wine, ngf, nerve growth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users