• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to prevent possible risks related to cancer while bulking muscle?

mtor exercise bodybuilding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:41 AM

This migh sound like over preocupation... And I don't know if I'm understanding this in the correct way...

As I know, there are some pathways that are activated when you are trying to build muscle specifically IGF-1 and mTOR... and as I know IGF-1 is linked to tumor growth and mTOR is also implicated in that.

I don't know my genetic profile, I want to prevent potential risks related to IGF-1, mTOR, proteine intake and carbohydrate intake while doing the Leangains protocol (A bulk and cut protocol, with a eating window of 8 hour and a fasting window of 16 hours, the sessions are done in the fasted state, and then your first meal of the day is taken after the training session, with a protein and carb intake)....

One possible answer is the use of antioxidants like Resveratrol, Quercetin, Curcumin, Liposomal Vitamin C.... However is not recommend to take antioxidants when you are doing exercise because you can't prevent some of the positive effects of exercise like ROS adaptation.

What can I do? What do you recommend? What do you do?

I'm thinking in c60 like the best option.

#2 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

Not to mention that testosterone is also linked to growth of some cancers and.. 

There are some supplements that boost anti-cancer immunity (NK-cells etc.), for example garlic and spirulina. Also panax ginseng is rumored to have some anti-tumor activity. Then again, while there might be a theoretical connection to cancer, I haven't seen any research linking resistance exercise to increased cancer rates, so personally I'm not too worried about it.

Edited by proileri, 11 September 2015 - 01:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 BieraK

• Topic Starter
  • 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

We could take the hypothetical case of a person 50 years, that wants to do resistance exercise, this person could have pre-malignant cells or senescence cells in the body, in that case the resistance exercise could increase the likelihood that these cells become malignant.

That is a hypothetical case I'm not a 50 years old person.

#4 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

I know that this won't dissuade you, but you are vastly overthinking this unless you can prove a higher rate of cancer for natural athletes in muscle intensive sports. You are more likely to have cancer in life due to the pathology that comes from dysfunctional hormonal levels (high estrogen) from being out of shape then you are from the growth supporting hormones that come with building muscle. In addition, you'll never be able to produce enough of those hormones naturally to come close to any type of risk. Last, intermittent fasting is the precise thing that is required to reduce any possible (but extremely unlikely in natural bodybuilders) risk of abnormal cellular growth. It is the perfect health compliment to weightlifting in regard to maintaining a physiological balance, and you won't be able to do better no matter what you take. I personally hold anti-oxidant intake, with the exception of the sometimes pro-oxidant vitamin c, to be more of a cancer risk than what you are referring to.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

A cell with Silica is a cell that can't get cancer. I hope this helps dispel some confusion, at least.:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mtor, exercise, bodybuilding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users