large Alzheimer's clinical trial positive results

resveratrol alzheimers clinical trial

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

@sthira I have tried to yes but was unsuccessful for some reason I couldn't pay. Are they still in business

#32 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

@sthira I have tried to yes but was unsuccessful for some reason I couldn't pay. Are they still in business

They're still in business, but don't offer health explanations. But they provide raw data, and you can then send that to another company (eg, Promethease) that will provide a health interpretation. I've no idea what you may or may not learn about your issues from doing this. But it's interesting none the less, and you may discover a way to supplement or avoid certain foods based on your profile. Some have criticized personalizing nutrition based on genetics as pseudo-science; but for others it's been life-changingly good. Worth a chance to ya?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:37 AM

They're still in business, but don't offer health explanations.

They'll soon be doing that again.  Here's part of an email I got from them just today:

Today marks a great milestone in the history of personal genetics. I am thrilled to let you know that 23andMe is now the first and only genetic service available directly to you that includes reports that meet FDA standards.

After nearly two years of work with the FDA, extensive user comprehension testing and a complete redesign, 23andMe is launching an entirely new experience that includes carrier status, wellness, trait and ancestry reports. We have also developed new and improved tools to share and compare your genetics with friends and family - and for those of you participating in research, we will provide new insights to explore.

As one of our earlier customers, you will continue to have access to your current health reports. The new experience will include redesigned versions of many of the same health and ancestry reports that you currently have. We have also added some new features and tools.

Our team will be rolling out the new experience to you by early next year. We will send you an email when your account is updated.

I mostly use it for the raw data, and have used Promethease and a couple other sites.   In the US, it's $99 last time I looked.  I'm not sure what it would cost in the UK; I presume it's available and similar.

Edit:  I'm sorry to report that they've recently doubled their price.  The $99 deal was good while it lasted.  They've been known to have brief sales without notice; perhaps that will continue.

Edited by niner, 22 October 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#34 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:24 AM

^^ I got mine done (23&Me) just a few weeks ago and received no such health interpretation updates. My today's email from them is a bummer compared to yours:

"Dear Sthira,

Have you explored your genetics lately? Discover something new about your ancestry with one of these site features.

- The 23andMe Team"

And it lists the same ole shiz

#35 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

23andMe tests for ApoE gene alleles, and offers an accessible discussion on population incidence and associated risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.

Alzheimer's Disease (APOE Variants)

• Informative x 1

#36 geo12the

• Topic Starter
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

23andMe tests for ApoE gene alleles, and offers an accessible discussion on population incidence and associated risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.

I have one copy of the APOE ε4 variant which puts me at increased risk

#37 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

I have one copy of the APOE ε4 variant which puts me at increased risk

From the tables in the above mentioned 23AndMe article, a rough estimate of one's risk of dementia by the age of 85 can calculated like   

11.4%  ≈  (0.60 Alzheimer’s portion of dementia) (7.5% avg for European men with Alzheimer’s and ApoE variant ε3/ε3 )

+ (0.40 non-Alzheimer’s portion of dementia) (30.2% general incidence of all forms of  dementia in Europeans - 13% avg general risk of Alzheimer’s)

More on the ApoE gene and Alzheimer's risk can be found at 

http://www.nature.com/news/alzheimer-s-disease-the-forgetting-gene-1.15342

It might be possible to reduce the chances of cognitive decline by treating risk factors. A good overview of this approach is found at

http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2015/02/18/a-simple-comprehensive-plan-to-prevent-or-reverse-alzheimers-disease-and-other-neurodegenerative-diseases-part-1-the-plan/

500 mg per day of magnesium-L-threonate might be useful preventive in addition to the treatments mentioned in the above paper.

http://www.molecularbrain.com/content/7/1/65

• Informative x 1

#38 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

Did you guys see the video emailed out by revgenetics with the doctor (Dr.ValenzuelaIa) he often conults with?  I dont know anything about this guy and have not researched him at all but he seems to think the resveretrol study was a big deal and recommends taking the metecurcumin with it. He says it should be okay to take with food as well so maybe that will help those that have issues with it.

https://makemyvideoi..._eid=b5c72cce6c

#39 Phlogiston

• 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:30 AM

Most of what is said about Resveratrol in this video is correct. But everyone should be aware that Dr. Valenzuela is the Science Officer for RevGenetics, the company whose proprietary formulation is being discussed here. And this is the Youtube channel of the company's President.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 Mian Ali Ismail

• 109 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

http://www.longecity...e1/#entry778257

Alzhimers patient cured in a case report.Please refer to this thread.Deoxyribose nuclease 1 was used

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol, alzheimers, clinical trial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users