Lithium Orotate Safety?

lithium

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

I've been taking lithium orotate for a few weeks at a dose of 5 mg/night to help stabilize my moods, reduce anxiety and most importantly greatly reduce my intrusive thoughts.  I've recently tried increasing the dose to 10 mg/night and it seems to work even better.  With it I don't feel any anxiety (even if I drink coffee...which would normally have a very strong impact on my anxiety), my intrusive thoughts are decreased a LOT, I sleep much better and it has also decreased my brain fog a lot (things seem much clearer).  However, I will say that it does seem to flatten my mood some (especially with the higher 10 mg dose).  

I'm assuming the beneficial results (especially with regard to the decrease in intrusive thoughts) are mainly due to it decreasing glutamate, decreasing neuroinflammation and/or increasing serotonin levels (someone please correct me if any of these assumptions are wrong).  Gamesguru has been extremely helpful and provided a lot of helpful information by private messenger about lithium which has caused me to question the long-term use of this substance at such high dosages.  So, I'm wondering if there's anyone on here that has successfully used it for a long period of time without any negative reactions (especially with regard to high lithium levels).  Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lithium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users