• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Bought He Shou Wu powder from chinese seller, how to tell raw vs prepared? Can't reach their Customer service

chinese herbs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Soalian

• 47 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:48 PM

Hello,

I'm concerned about Liver toxicity after I bought He Shou wu powder from a somewhat reputable seller on Aliexpress, then assuming that most sellers would sell the prepared version of the herb(i.e boiled in black beans broth & soup beforehand). After doing my research i also found out the herb was sometimes sold raw, which may contain emodins that are toxic to the liver. I've been taking it for 5 days and I don't notice any effect in particular, but I wonder if it's safe to keep drinking it(Powder dissolved in hot water)?  I tried to get in touch with customer service but they didn't answer yet.

Thank you for your insights!

#2 GoingPrimal

• 262 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:03 AM

What does it taste like? The two forms taste very different. Post a picture if possible

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

is it tested for purity, heavy metals or pesticides?  that's what I'd be concerned about.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Soalian

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

http://www.aliexpres...2296575661.html

The powder is light brown in color. It has a sweet-ish and lightly earthy taste. Its smell reminds me of raw cacao powder in a way, albeit a bit remotely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chinese herbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users