• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Reishi Powder Certificate of Analysis?

reishi meditation china powder extract coa certificate of analysis herbal island mushroom shrooms

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

Herbal Island can anyone chime in. 

bWyxEkk.jpg

#2 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

It's not clear if that's the manufacturer CoA details (bad) or whether they've actually had it tested by their own lab (good).  Ask them?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 birthdaysuit

• Topic Starter
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

It's not clear if that's the manufacturer CoA details (bad) or whether they've actually had it tested by their own lab (good).  Ask them?

I emailed the company they said that the CoA is from the supplier in US that they buy, who buys directly from manufacture. So this would be good?

I’m just worried about the arsenic levels. Most Reishi powders are below this. 

#4 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

If the CoA is from the US supplier who got it from the Chinese manufacturer, no verification has actually been done.  Maybe ask them to clarify if the US supplier has done independent testing or is just forwarding the original chinese CoA.

#5 birthdaysuit

• Topic Starter
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

If the CoA is from the US supplier who got it from the Chinese manufacturer, no verification has actually been done.  Maybe ask them to clarify if the US supplier has done independent testing or is just forwarding the original chinese CoA.

He said that yes, the CoA is forwarded from the the manufacture in China to the supplier. However, they said that they personally visited the manufacturing plant and it is of high standards. He said there’s nothing wrong with the reishi and it is one of the best, most potent powder. 

#6 pleiotropic

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:41 AM

Wow, that sucks.  I'd seriously recommend checking out a place like powdercity which tests its reishi and lions mane extracts in the US after receiving it from the chinese manufacturer.  

I've also heard good things about realmushrooms.com being experts on verifying the bioactive contents of mushroom extracts.

• Informative x 3

#7 Aeroeng

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

Hello 

Have anyone tried a real mushroom extract ? There are lots of fake companies out there !

Anyone who had an illness treated or cured by a mushroom brand please make a comment .

Thanks 

Hello 

Have anyone tried a real mushroom extract ? There are lots of fake companies out there !

Anyone who had an illness treated or cured by a mushroom brand please make a comment .

Thanks 

Hello 

Thanks 

#8 birthdaysuit

• Topic Starter
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:58 AM

Wow, that sucks.  I'd seriously recommend checking out a place like powdercity which tests its reishi and lions mane extracts in the US after receiving it from the chinese manufacturer.  

I've also heard good things about realmushrooms.com being experts on verifying the bioactive contents of mushroom extracts.

Thanks! I’m not so sure if I want to take anymore of it. 

#9 birthdaysuit

• Topic Starter
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:06 AM

Also, the powder is said to have 35% polysaccharides, but they told me the more potent powder 10:1, which I purchased is not as dark in color as the regular powder. The taste is extremely bitter, so that’s always a good sign. 

#10 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:31 AM

The only thing that stands out for me is "Carrier: 7-10% maltodextrin"

As you increase your extract ratio, the product gets stickier and stickier so you need to add a carrier to keep it as a usable powder. This will dilute the potency.

As a starch, that maltodextrin will play into that polysaccharide number boosting it up. 

This is also why extract ratios aren't a good judge of potency. You need to have beta-glucan and starch numbers to properly qualify an extract ratio. 

• Informative x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

This is a worthless analysis in terms of potency-determination, it is just a sanitary certificate.

It is not issued by an independent third party lab -contact details should be on the form- and it does not show any bioactives such as beta-glucans or triterpenes. The 'ratio' does not mean anything - if they simply dry and powder the mushroom they already achieve a 10:1 ratio in volume/weight, because it contains a lot of water. It does reveal it contains additives, though, malto-dextrin. There are better products on the market out there, fully specified!

Edited by Vlad, 11 January 2016 - 07:23 PM.

• Informative x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reishi, meditation, china, powder, extract, coa, certificate of analysis, herbal island, mushroom, shrooms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users