• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Lifting inhibitions with supplements or drugs?

motivation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Starchild1337

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

The way I feel after 3 beers is amazing. Still mentally sharp but happy and uninhibited like all the spyware/malware in by brain is gone. I'm funnier, I talk and open up to people easier and even though alcohol is a depressant, I feel more motivated!

Is there a way to achieve that in a healthier way, without alcohol? I've tried SSRIs and it's not the same. SSRIs don't make me happier or more motivated. They just blunt my overreactive emotional response. They do make me more functional with people but they don't make me happier. I've been struggling with a mild depression and social phobia which has lessened after SSRIs but I'd still like to feel uninhibited like with a mild dose of alcohol. It makes me a better person to be around. Seriously.

Any ideas?

Edited by Indigont, 10 October 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#2 640ng

• 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

Phenibut 2-3 grams if you can keep it at once per week can do wonders but it can be addictive if you are prone to such behaviours.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Starchild1337

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

I see Phenibut is not approved as a pharmaceutical in USA and Europe but there are lots of it on Ebay, although a little pricey. Is it the real thing?

#4 Starchild1337

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Actually after some research it seems easy to get and not so expensive. Will definitely try.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

#5 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

A good but dangers option is pramipexole.

There's also cabergoline.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#6 Starchild1337

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

Both of those don't seem to be worth the risk at all.

#7 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Hmm... have you been diagnosed with something other than depression and anxiety? When suggesting fitting compounds we need to know more about you - do you have anything like ADHD? Schizoaffective features? Autistic features? Etc.

What I personally did, was to order a genetic test via 23andme.com and Prometheus - resulting in definitive proof that I have a polymorphism in my Dopamine Receptor 4 -gene - this gene is associated with Attention Deficit Disorder.

I haven't been able to actually procure the compound that affects D4 directly - A-412,997, but it gave me definite proof that my diagnosis is correct, since I do not have any of the other candidate-genes associated with ADHD. The test also revealed quite a bit about my response to many drugs: I am among the responders of Modafinil for instance. My slight depressive symptoms can also be attributed to genes that result in less efficient Serotonin-processing, etc, etc.

Tell us more about you - we need more. If we know more, then we can give you better suggestions.

#8 Starchild1337

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

I suspect I may have ADD. Generally it's not the depression really that's bothering me because I'm emotionally resilient but I am anxious in certain situations and I lack concentration and motivation for work. My psychiatrist wouldn't take my ADD seriously. Next time I'm going there I'll tell him I'm getting off SSRIs and asking him to put me on ADD meds (Adderal and Ritalin I've read can do wonders) or I'll just look for another doc.

Since opening this topic I've bought armodafinil. It makes me do a lot more work but it also makes me be alone for the whole day since I'm not bored with reading or working for 12 hours straight and it's a weird kind of focus. Really too narrow.

Edited by Indigont, 05 November 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#9 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Maybe you could try cutting those armodafinil doses in half?

#10 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

consider yourself as very lucky to be healed by some alcohol. You should stay on that. 

• dislike x 3
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#11 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

Something I forgot to mention previously is that you can also try Selegiline & Rasagiline.  Both meds have make me more sociable @ 1/2 a pill per day.

#12 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:22 AM

Something I forgot to mention previously is that you can also try Selegiline & Rasagiline.  Both meds have make me more sociable @ 1/2 a pill per day.

what does this specific combo do? any different than one by itself?

#13 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

Oh dear, good luck!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#14 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:55 AM

what does this specific combo do? any different than one by itself?

Yes, there are some differences.  First of I used to take Selegiline by itself at first for about 1.5yr to 2 yrs @ 1.25mg or 1/4 pill.  Then I went to 2.5mg (1/2 pill), at this dose I got a greater effect on my mood, energy, and personality. I went from been a very introvert person to a more extrovert, and was able to talk more with new people.  However, it's stimulating effect became a problem because it was me tampering with my sleep.  So I try Rasagiline, @ .5mg (1/2 pill) and things went well expect that I wanted a little boost of energy, which Selegiline provides.  Which is why I decide to take both Rasagiline .25mg (1/4 pill) and Selegiline 1.25 (1/4 pill).   This combo made me I felt more at ease and drive, will not messing up my sleep.  

I also read that Rasagiline increases GDNF significantly, followed by BDNF, NGF and NT-3; while on the other hand, Selegiline increased BDNF more then Rasagiline.  However, if I'm correct the dose to get this effects would have to be high, but if you're intrested in reading more about it go here: http://www.longecity...osage-for-gdnf/.

And other thing, is that using both will make it cheaper for you:  Rasagiline is 46 cents/ pill vs Selegilnie 18 cents/ pill (prices base on alldaychemist).

If you are going to use this remember to start with the minimum dose of just one for a month or 2 and then go up.

Edited by noot_in_the_sky, 13 December 2015 - 02:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motivation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users