Feeling so tired after exercice. How to recover quickly

exercice recover fatigue tired protein shake

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Htng Uvon

• 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:05 PM

Hello all,

Here's a little background of myself, I'm currently a student in math/stats, I'm 30 years old, I need 9 hours of sleep to function well and I also have a job.

We all know the benefit of exercising, for me, I like to play badminton. But the problems is, after a game (usually 1hours ), I'm so tired to the point that I waste my day because I can't study, and I need to sleep after a game. So i thought maybe  If I play at night then I will not waste my day. The consequence is , I can't sleep well at night and I end up feeling so damn tired the next day. Studying mathematics is very hard and time consuming. I need to feel awake to study or else I can't concentrate. I can't take caffeine because it make me dizzy and tired.

Here's my question.

How can i recover quickly after a game? Does protein shake help?

Thank you for your respond

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

Exercising before bed is usually a bad idea; it tends to keep you awake longer.  Your tiredness after a match might be a low blood sugar condition.  Are you well-nourished prior to the game?  You could try something like a shake after the game, but also consider what you eat prior to the game.    You could try Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 500mg twice a day.  That will help your mitochondria metabolize lipids, and may be helpful in this situation.

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

I agree with Niner, it's probably more about carbs/blood sugar than protein. Protein can help the recovery somewhat, but immediately after training it's more about carbs. I would suggest having a sports drink or 3:1 carbs:protein shake to drink during and after training.

Of course, a better idea might be doing an exercise that doesn't leave you tired. Maybe going for a run or something similar, where you can control the effort level. I often go to the gym 10 PM or so, and I have noticed that exercising keeps me a bit 'hyper' and awake for 2-3h after exercise, so it's not the best idea right before bed.

#4 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

3:1 carbs/protein shake immediately after training (maltodextrines or dextrose/whey proteins), during training this will raise too much insulin peaks at a time you don't really want it to happen and may cause some digestive discomfort too.

Before training fats are a better source of energy if your metabolism is in top shape enabling to utilize efficiently fats, consider coconut oil for its MTC composition (almost as fast as carbs but long lasting and not bloating like fats), two table spoons right before training may play some difference.

Make sure your thyroid is working as it should, if Ashimoto is ruled out maybe supplementing some SSKI will improve both energy and sleeping (and much more.... but that is another story).

You may consider some adaptogens like Ashwagandha but don't expect necessarily miracles by those.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

All that stuff mentioned above just strains the mineral systems, you'll run out of energy catalisers! This is because the body has photonic systems that require balance and supply from your minerals and your attitude/action.
9 hours sleep is fine and dandy, but to increase performance in a global way for study and physical exercise try a Molybdenum supplements and adequate food. Only do 1 or 2 Molybdenum tablets a week, the bottle doses are usually for theraputic use with a substantial nutrient support to meet the bodies demands! 4 hours sleep is NOT unusual for a fit and balanced individual. Search soil mineral depletion and the importance of soil bacteria, Silica is often extremly low in most peoples diet to.
I like a raw egg if I'm sore after exercise, but it would most likely be a Magnesium/Zinc deficiency and lack of fresh foods. You will experience appetite, just eat or you'll end up going wrong!

Edited by Multivitz, 16 December 2015 - 01:01 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercice, recover, fatigue, tired, protein shake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users