• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Learning Bioscience - From beginner to scientist

nootropics smartdrugs brain health cognition mental health nootropics smart drugs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:44 AM

Hello,

I have been interested in neuro science, bio chemistry & cognition as a whole, for quite a while now. I spend a lot of time trying to learn these things but only recently has it crossed my mind that I am by no means learning the most effective way.

My question is : If you were to direct a person to become essentially Uni graduate or higher level of expertise in Bio Chemistry & Neuro science, With a distinct niche in Supplements, What would be the fastest most informative method of getting this person to become a complete expert in these fields?

I.E if you were to take a person with 0 information on this area, but you were forced to teach them to as much as possible in the shortest amount of time what would you do?

I would appreciate any & all help with my quest for knowledge regarding this.

I have just ordered Biochemistry for dummies & as well as neuro science for dummies, I figure they would be a good jump off point as well as several introductory lectures on both subject by different university's (ie standford)

p.s if any body knows any good audio books on mitochondria, I would love to know.

regards,

Edited by Bluecheer, 15 October 2015 - 12:46 AM.

• like x 1

#2 Bluecheer

• Topic Starter
  • 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:28 AM

I guess the problem that I am facing is there is such a large spectrum of different aspects of bio science, and I'm not really sure where to start. If I read a study on something I am interested in (x) then I cross reference the terms relating to x (y) then I figure out what causes y to turn into x (z) I get lead down another path and feel that I am constantly getting drawn more and more away from what I was originally trying to delve into.

I feel like there must be a more simplified path then simply going all over the place, if any body has any idea where I should start, or could help me out at all I would be very appreciative.

I realize there are people such as Dr Rhonda Patrick and others who do a good job to simplify the science for people who are not generally well versed in the area, but then I hit a cross road of what I can learn from people such as this.

Regards,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

Answer questions here, on reddit, answer your own questions, spend time loving google scholar, write on varied subjects for a nootropic vendor or blog, 500+ words daily.  All these things are ways to forcibly saturate or immerse yourself in the language and science.

Start with basics till you build a foundation.  Of course the more energy and time you spend studying subject X, the more you will forget and get rusty with subject Y.  To get sharp somewhere, you must get dull elsewhere... no one has this perfect memory, even eidetics get overwhelmed and forgetful.  It's like chess, diminishing returns: you must really bust your ass to reach expert level, and 10x more over to reach master level.

• Agree x 1

#4 Bluecheer

• Topic Starter
  • 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:47 PM

Thank you for the advice,

A little more information for any one who wants it. A good place to start would be youtube on channelslike Khan Academy & Bozeman Science & Crashcourse on youtube, im sure there are many other great places, like listenting to lectures form various schools ie Standford etc, but i found thoese 3 i just listed to be very educational for begineers.

If anyboy else has more reccomendations would still be appreicated.

Regards,

• Agree x 1

#5 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

Supplementation Choices Based on the 7 SENS Research Foundation Targets

http://www.longecity...dation-targets/

That's a thread by someone who did what you want to achieve.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Bluecheer

• Topic Starter
  • 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

Supplementation Choices Based on the 7 SENS Research Foundation Targets

http://www.longecity...dation-targets/

That's a thread by someone who did what you want to achieve.

Appreicated ^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics smartdrugs, brain health, cognition, mental health, nootropics, smart drugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users