- - - - -

My biggest fear

nootropics racetams cerebrolysin nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KryptonStratos

• 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

I would definitely consider myself pretty jacked up mentally and I without a doubt am not looking to worsen my symptoms anytime soon. My biggest fear is I will go down the road of racetams and other noots to find myself in a deeper darker hole than I am already in. The negative case reports I've come across for noots in general, particularly racetams are profound. I tell myself theres no way ill know until I try, however having this type of mentality is what screwed me up in the first place.

I am looking for a FIX not a bandaid. I am looking for something I can take that will turn everything around. I know this seems far fetched but quite frankly I've decided my life is not worth living if I have to continue with a scrambled brain. I do not want to be reliant on a particular supplement or drug for the rest of my life either. I just want my old brain back.

I am extremely sensitive to changes in my mood and cognition on a daily basis. There have been bouts of "fog" where I literally convince myself I am no longer able to take care of myself. Don't get me wrong, I have also had bouts of extreme clarity where I feel like my old, sharp, witted self again, but its quick to fade. I can no longer drive my vehicle due to the cognitive deficits I am experiencing.

A couple things that are particularly intriguing to me for what I'm aiming at is Cerebrolysin, as well as NSI-189. TDCS and neuro feedback are interesting as well. I have heard of a few case reports here and there of racetams having a dramatic "permanent" effect on some but those are rare to come across.

If I do decide to dabble with racetams I will only be experimenting with racetams of which there is very little to no speculative assumption that downregulation and or withdrawl occurs. Piracetam for example. One I would not touch is Nooept due to the suggested theory of TrkB down regulation.

Ill close with a little background on me. I started chronically smoking marijuana in heavy amounts nearly every day at age 14 lasting all the way up to my 19th birthday. Started noticing cognitive deficits and changes in my behavior around late sophomore year in high school. It eventually got to a point where I would get extreme panic attacks after smoking which started when I was around 18. There would be bouts where I had to cease usage and that was never easy.

My appetite would be non existent for a whole week upon cessation, my brain would constantly be racing. My cirdican rhythms would get extremely screwed up and I would constantly find myself awake for nearly 48 hours after discontinuing usage. My body temperature would be out of whack and I would be heavily perspiring everywhere I went. Hyperactivity and extreme impulse decision making was present along with extreme tachycardia (resting heart rate of over 100bpm for the uniformed).

I am 7 months weed-free as of today. Im fairly confident in the fact that my hypothalamus has taken a blow and have a few links that somewhat support this theory. Wether or not that be true, I need help and I need it now. If there are any positive experiences anyone here can contribute, please come forth.

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

Is it possible that you are pre-schizophrenic? If so you may want to look into Vitamin B3/Niacin...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dajoker

• 23 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Nsi 189, tianeptine and fasoracetam was a life changing combination for me.
But you really need to pass by trial/error as all racetams has a very various effects and most people.
Do not despare, there are so many possibitlies if you search a bit the forum.
If Nsi does not work, check the Parnate buying group curated by Strangelove, there are some interesting result with Dihexa,
Team TLR has a bunch of very interesting stuff i believe that could help as NRX 1074 and GLIX OX.
Keep on searching, dont give up.

#4 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:22 PM

@ dajoker

Ceretropic has also very interresting stuff

@ KryptonStratos

If You fear Nootropics ( racetams &etc.) why dont You look into herbs ?

I´m tying also to battle the effects of THC during adolescence. Found e.g. Chinese Foxglove benefical in terms of cognition.

Lions mane and mr. Happy stack i.e. DHA + Uridine ( but better more than 1 gram of DHA over a few weeks) could help You too.

Jaiogulan and Bacopa seems promising

Cerebrolysin was for me also good but it could be a mess to inject it.

I would personally try other things. This is how it looks like:

http://www.longecity...-34#entry553413

Some of them are used since centuries, so You might only be careful about the quality (heavy metals), overdoses and possible interactions ( blood-thinning & etc)

Example:

http://www.longecity...ns/#entry748312

Look into:

http://www.longecity...ic-supplements/

http://www.longecity...esting-effects/

http://www.longecity...on/#entry734488

http://www.longecity...ds/#entry706163

http://www.longecity...ge/#entry707910

But I guess You will benefit allready from mr. Happy stack and a few herbs.

No need to try every herb from there. I guess Your brain needs also time to reconnect.

Started a thread to find out the cause of THC alterations but I look for several problems in the recent months so I didnt updated it:

http://www.longecity...nabisthc-abuse/

Feel free to ask me about details e.g. Cerebrolysin

Edited by Flex, 18 October 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#5 KryptonStratos

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

Is it possible that you are pre-schizophrenic? If so you may want to look into Vitamin B3/Niacin...

Hmm..doubtful. Food for thought I guess

Nsi 189, tianeptine and fasoracetam was a life changing combination for me.
But you really need to pass by trial/error as all racetams has a very various effects and most people.
Do not despare, there are so many possibitlies if you search a bit the forum.
If Nsi does not work, check the Parnate buying group curated by Strangelove, there are some interesting result with Dihexa,
Team TLR has a bunch of very interesting stuff i believe that could help as NRX 1074 and GLIX OX.
Keep on searching, dont give up.

Appreciate the encouragement. Glad to know you've had success. Dihexa has been on my radar for quite some time. Promising stuff.

@ dajoker
Ceretropic has also very interresting stuff

@ KryptonStratos
If You fear Nootropics ( racetams &etc.) why dont You look into herbs ?
I´m tying also to battle the effects of THC during adolescence. Found e.g. Chinese Foxglove benefical in terms of cognition.
Lions mane and mr. Happy stack i.e. DHA + Uridine ( but better more than 1 gram of DHA over a few weeks) could help You too.
Jaiogulan and Bacopa seems promising

Cerebrolysin was for me also good but it could be a mess to inject it.
I would personally try other things. This is how it looks like:
http://www.longecity...-34#entry553413

Some of them are used since centuries, so You might only be careful about the quality (heavy metals), overdoses and possible interactions ( blood-thinning & etc)
Example:

http://www.longecity...ns/#entry748312

Look into:

http://www.longecity...ic-supplements/

http://www.longecity...esting-effects/

http://www.longecity...on/#entry734488

http://www.longecity...ds/#entry706163

http://www.longecity...ge/#entry707910

But I guess You will benefit allready from mr. Happy stack and a few herbs.
No need to try every herb from there. I guess Your brain needs also time to reconnect.

Started a thread to find out the cause of THC alterations but I look for several problems in the recent months so I didnt updated it:
http://www.longecity...nabisthc-abuse/

Feel free to ask me about details e.g. Cerebrolysin

I guess I should have mentioned my current supplement stack in my original post. What I currently take is as follows

Multi
Fish oil + D3
Vitamin C
Turmeric curcumin
Cissus quadrangularis
Glucosamine/chondroitin/msm
Lions mane
Probiotic
Boswellia
Alcar arginate
UMP Uridine
Alpha gpc
Ubiquinol
Panax red ginseng
Ginkgo
Rhodiola
Ashwagandha
Bacopa
Gotu kola
Whey protein

As you can see I'm already taking a few of your recommendations. I have noticed slight benefit but nothing profound with this stack. Ive only been on the Mr happy stack for a couple months so hopefully the effects start appearing in the near future.

Ive also experimented with pure CBD as well as psilocybin and LSD micro doses. To be honest I didn't notice much benefit from the CBD. I was taking approx 25mgs daily via a product named "cheeba chews". This only lasted about 3 weeks so perhaps I needed to give it a bit longer however legit CBD unfortunately is not very easy on the wallet.

Psilocybin made my brain fog dramatically worse so I cut that out immediately. Ive taken a few micro doses of LSD and I do not believe it gave me the fog psilocybin did. I would need to experiment a bit more to draw a conclusion upon this.

I have plenty experience with injections (b12) so that aspect of cerebrolysin isn't of much concern to me.

I do feel as if time has been my best friend throughout all of this. My day to day anxiety and paranoia is much less. My heart rate has somewhat normalized however I would still consider myself very anxiety prone. Cognitively I have noticed slight improvement but nothing drastic.

I did some light skimming on the links provided and so far am very interested. Looks like I've got some reading to do. Thanks

#6 dajoker

• 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:54 AM

Flex, i order most of my stuff at Ceretropics.
Which was not the point of conversation as they have a great
selection, but nothing out of the known already substances.
I was talking about the experimental meds as NRX which you cannot find else.
Enough of this useless comparation between TLR and Ceretropics.
If they want war it is their problem, me, i am buying from both..

#7 KryptonStratos

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:10 AM

Joker you mind me asking where you were able to obtain your NSI-189? After some brief googling it seems almost impossible to find a reputable source. Thanks

#8 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

@ dajoker

honestly I thought that You were one of the TLR "bots"

Not saying that ceretropic is a saint but TLR isnt it either. Yes, I´m tired of this all as well.

@ KryptonStratos

ask Strangelove about NSI. I dont know about the quality but at least, nobody complained so far.

http://www.longecity...e-8#entry748404

I would suggest Cerebrolysin to You. Its not superior than all other but has its own specific but good effects.

I injected sometimes 2x10ml. Felt like in Ace Ventura 2 where he got a lance in each thight  lol

The effect arent that profound anymore after a few sessions but still there, I guess its so strong because its new to the body.

#9 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

@KryptonStratos Have looked into Memantine?

Memantine exerts functional recovery by improving BDNF and GDNF expression in 3-nitropropionic acid intoxicated mice

Memantine treatment reverses anhedonia, normalizes corticosterone levels and increases BDNF levels in the prefrontal cortex induced by chronic mild... - PubMed - NCBI

Or maybe Semax?

Effect of Semax on the temporary dynamics of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor gene expression in the rat hippocampus and ... - PubMed - NCBI

Neuroprotective and antiamnesic effects of Semax during experimental ischemic infarction of the cerebral cortex. - PubMed - NCBI

I am kind of interested in them as well and am waiting for a batch of Semax at the moment.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting that you are suffering of anhedonia or have brain infarctions, but I'm merely highlighting that, along with testimonies, these compounds are showing quite a good potential as powerful cognitive enhancers.

Edited by Sleepdealer, 21 October 2015 - 05:38 AM.

• like x 1

#10 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:05 PM

Forget whether I´ve mentioned this:

Tackling Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia with Memantine

http://www.hindawi.c...ps/2014/384783/

#11 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:59 PM

I am extremely sensitive to changes in my mood and cognition on a daily basis. There have been bouts of "fog" where I literally convince myself I am no longer able to take care of myself. Don't get me wrong, I have also had bouts of extreme clarity where I feel like my old, sharp, witted self again, but its quick to fade. I can no longer drive my vehicle due to the cognitive deficits I am experiencing.

I'd like to say that part of your post is very similar to what I experience and for me I think it is probably related to some sort of mood disorder like bipolar, or just "mood instability". 

What has helped most for it has been: NSI-189 and lithium. 

but it is still far from perfect, I continue to seek better cognitive stability, no crashes, etc   

#12 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

Now that I think about it I remember I found this a while ago:

Captodiamine, a putative antidepressant, enhances hypothalamic BDNF expression in vivo by synergistic 5-HT2c receptor antagonism and sigma-1 receptor agonism.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23863923

It's an antihistamine, seemingly for prescription only. If you can get your hands on it somehow then maybe it can help reverse the damage done to your hypothalamus.

Also, this: http://www.dailymail...tists-warn.html

This is an article about a study made on marijuana smokers that compared their brain scans to control groups and saw that marijuana smoking reduced gray matter in their cortexes, and instead increased white matter connectivity for a period of time. However after some years the white matter connectivity increase faded and it deteriorated slightly instead. Personally, I'm running a short Semax trial right now, and I can say that it is working a small wonder for me so far. If your current stack hasn't done much for you then I again suggest that you look into Semax and maybe give it a shot. Also, if that Lion's mane mushroom is extract from the fruiting bodies, then you could switch it to mycelium extract, since it is supposedly much more potent. Memantine I haven't tried myself yet, but the study Flex is linking to looks really promising too.

• like x 1

#13 KryptonStratos

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

Ive looked into nearly everything mentioned here but still remain hesitant to take action. Time/homeostasis seems to be helping me greatly and to be honest id rather let things restore themselves than take the risk of worsening whatever is going on. Hence the title of this thread..

Are there any known adverse effects of increasing BDNF within the brain? Down regulation etc.? I feel like the mechanisms of my problem are not yet fully understood and I would hate to negatively impact upon the "healing process" so to speak. I feel like I should shed a bit more insight on what I've been dealing with so we can all hypothesize what may be occurring here.

If I eat like crap for a day or two ill eventually get to a point where my cognitive abilities (or whats left of them) are absolutely destroyed, I get slight tremors in my hands, increase in impulsivity, motivation is shot, become VERY "on edge/jumpy", social anxiety goes through the roof and I just overall feel terrible. It gets very very severe. Feels like an alternate reality. My perception of the world is profoundly manipulated. I get the same exact feeling consuming junk food as I do when alcohol begins to leave my system. Its as if the depersonalization/derealization I used to experience during my chronic cannabis usage has returned. It is only during these periods of time that I have contemplated suicide. Im not sure what it is thats going on in my brain but things like junk food, cannabis, and alcohol completely set it off. Its a living hell.

Hypoglycemia has recently come to my attention and is something I would like to rule out. The tremory/nervous/shaky feeling I get the day after eating a bunch of sugary junk is why I'm suspicious. Im very doubtful this is the problem but Id like to be certain. I also get a noticeable raise in anxiety and heart rate after eating a heavy meal. Back when my anxiety was at its worst, I wouldn't dare touch a heavy meal as this would most certainly trigger a panic attack.

I remember back during spring break when I had gotten extremely intoxicated down in panama city I probably had the worst experience of my life with these "feelings". As the alcohol started to leave my system I was overcome with crippling anxiety and extreme tachycardia on top of all the symptoms I listed above. I had never felt more cognitively impaired in my life. Was bedridden for a whole two days. Everything felt surreal. Absolute nightmare.

Ive ceased my alcohol and cannabis use a while ago but now it seems the greatest contributing factor to all of this is food. This is all new to me because I have never experienced junk food having such a negative effect on me until around a year ago when all these other symptoms started arising, which is also around the time my cannabis use became VERY chronic. To give insight on just how chronic it became, I would literally, nonstop, wake up, smoke, pass out, wake up, smoke, pass out etc. This went on for MONTHS. I had zero responsibility to adhere to. I smoked out of a very large bong throughout all of this which has always gotten me substantially higher than any other method of smoking. And when I say wake up, smoke, pass out, I'm not saying I waked and baked everyday. Im saying I would take a series of naps throughout the day, non intentionally. I would get so ridiculously high, It would knock me out, only for me to wake up in an hour and repeat the cycle. I don't think cannabis use can get any more chronic than this.

So back on track.. when I'm eating clean and on top of things these feelings disappear within a matter of days and I feel as if I can function like a normal human being once again. When I'm in this state, I truly feel like myself once again apart from the fact that I'm still cognitively impaired (which at times alleviates itself also). The cognitive impairment is not as bad as it usually is, but still very noticeable. I really wish I could understand the mechanisms behind all of this because it is very frustrating to know that I must follow a very strict dietary protocol 24/7 otherwise I set off whatever is going on here. Im not the best at interpreting the findings of studies but from what I've come across thus far it seems dopamine could play a huge role in all of this.

I honestly have no issues with my mood or anything of that sort when my brain restores balance. Id consider myself a relatively happy person. Love life, Ive never been manic, never really been depressed, etc.. I am fairly certain whats going on here is far more neurological vs psychological. Perhaps a severe case of dopamine desensitization coupled with structural abnormalities in my brain? (hypothalamus, grey matter, white matter etc.) Its a complete crapshoot but It feels much better to think you know whats going on and take action upon your "theory" rather than be completely lost lol.

Any help is appreciated.

#14 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

Dopamine desensitization I'm not so well versed in. But I believe there's a lot of threads on here about it. In this case I'd guess we are perhaps talking about some kind of excitotoxicity then?

#15 Ovi

• 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Are you sure you're not depressed? Like have you taken any depression test? I have been depressed for a long time and I did not realize it from the beginning. I also had remission periods, when everything was fine, but also deep depression when I felt extremely impaired cognitively and it was this cognitive impairment that made/kept me so depressed. However, my experience with marijuana has been completely opposite, it relieved much of my cognitive impairment and depression and helped me reach remission once and for all. There are 2 other substances that were very noticeable: tianeptine, which is also my favorite (legal) nootropic and small doses of DMT. Microdoses of DMT are the most potent nootropic I have ever tried. Instant mental clarity and everything brighter, like Selank multiplied by 100 with no psychedelic effects, other than more intense colors.

Edited by Ovi, 26 January 2016 - 10:54 PM.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 Ovi

• 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:57 AM

About

I know this seems far fetched but quite frankly I've decided my life is not worth living if I have to continue with a scrambled brain

I should also mention that I've had the same thought when I was depressed. That I might never get better again. It was only depression talking as I did get well not long after that.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, racetams, cerebrolysin, nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users