- - - - -

dissapointed with curcumine

curcumine turmeric

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jango

• 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

I suffer joint  and back pain for a long time (20 years). I have anxiety and, due to my state, Im depressed. Doctors have always related my pain with anxiety.

I quit SSRI cymbalta three months ago. It made feel better, but I thought it was time to stop it because some side-effects

Now Im taking curcumin since 1 week. I was very hopeful with this supplement but I think Im even worse. My pain has been worsening since I stopped Cymbalta, Curcumine seems to do nothing good.

Im not sure, but acordding to the reviews I've seen, I think curcumine starts working agaisnt inflammation very soon. Am I right? Should I stop it?  Perhaps the MAOI effect of curcumine is causing me more problems??

#2 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

Oleuropein aglycone, an olive oil compound, ameliorates development of arthritis caused by injection of collagen type II in mice.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21880869

Mechanisms of olive leaf extract-ameliorated rat arthritis caused by kaolin and carrageenan.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21796704

Maybe worth looking into unless someone has a better suggestion?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

If one drug or supplement doesn't work, try another. There are certainly plenty to choose from. Here's a list of 257 osteoarthritis drugs with rankings, and here's a list of 22 supplements. One of those supplements--ginger root extract--I use with Advil for a swollen bursa. Works great.

#4 jango

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

hi. thanks for your answers. I already tried ginger, with no success

Im very unlucky with this , Im desperated, .

No wonder the doctors want to give me antidepressants as Im really fucked. Life its a shit with daily pain. I feel like a 90 y.o. with nearly 40

#5 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

What kind of curcumin are you using?

#6 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

I think I lot will depend on which product you're using.  I've tried the Longvida, BCM-95 and Meriva extracts. For my back pain, I felt the BCM-95 extract worked best (followed by Meriva).  For depression, I found the Longvida extract to work best (by far).  None of them helped me with anxiety (maybe slightly with Longvida...but not much if anything).  It took about two weeks of consistent dosing before I started to notice any pain relief (and it seemed to get better/stronger with time).  I used doses of 400 mg twice each day for the Longvida and BCM-95 extracts and a dose of 500 mg twice each day with the Meriva extract.  Also, I found the Longvida extract to be a little sedating and the BCM-95 extract to be a little stimulating (didn't really notice either effect with the Meriva extract).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 jango

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

I tried the BCM-95 a time ago. Now Im trying with piperine. Both are from known brands. I begin to think I suffer fibromialgya so perhaps I should back to anti-depressants..Im going to stop curcuma because I red that take it with a SSRI can be dangerous. I throw the towel...some cases cant be solved with supplements..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curcumine, turmeric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users