- - - - -

Nutrition for adult stem cell production

stem cell c60

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Wilberforce

• 69 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

Hi, based upon the theory that C60 may use up adult stem cells and therefore probably should be used intermittently rather than daily, has anyone any recommendations around additional supplementation.  I've seen Astragalus mentioned somewhere, and on the web I've read about D3, blueberry, green tea and l-carnosine promoting adult stem cell health.  I was wondering what anyone else was trying, and have you found any good value supplements, some seem to be $50/month.

Thank you

Will.

• unsure x 1

#2 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

I can't see how C60 is "using up" stem cells. From what I know of stem cells, it would rather suppress the stem cell from dividing. Oxidative stress is one of the signals telling a stem cell its time do divide. Its one of the theories on why certain anti-oxidants(IAC is what i'm thinking of) in large amounts have a negative effect on longevity. If stem cells are all "saved up" and don't divide, it also can't repair damage.

• Good Point x 2

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:23 AM

I think the idea that c60 would "use up" stem cells is speculative at best.  One mechanism of stem cell exhaustion is thought to be accumulated DNA damage.   To the extent such damage has an oxidative etiology, c60 might improve the situation rather than make it worse.  I think that your best bet is probably good nutrition, exercise, and sleep.

• Agree x 1

#4 Wilberforce

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

Interesting. I think this is a fundamental question as the thought that C60 does or doesn't would make a significant impact upon dosage and frequency. If it is deleting stem cell stores then there is obviously a risk of 'robbing Peter to pay Paul', in the sense that the short to medium term benefits could be offset by illness in old age. Is there any research that is relevant?

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

Interesting. I think this is a fundamental question as the thought that C60 does or doesn't would make a significant impact upon dosage and frequency. If it is deleting stem cell stores then there is obviously a risk of 'robbing Peter to pay Paul', in the sense that the short to medium term benefits could be offset by illness in old age. Is there any research that is relevant?

If C60 does activate mitochondria, it could indeed force stem cells to differentiate as active mitochondria appear to be the key that sets the process in motion, and this could at least potentially use up stores of stem cells. One possible way to answer this is to poll people who have had stem cell therapy. For instance, one person here who'd previously had a stem cell injection in his knee felt as if he'd had another after taking C60. If his injected stem cells were used up by the first C60 treatment, then more C60 should have no subsequent effect. Of course, a long time would have to pass between treatments to see this. Another possibility: Stem cells are involved in the growth of fingernails, and mine had gotten weak and easily torn by the age of sixty, but months after taking C60 for the first time, I noticed that my nails had returned to health and were as good as ever. That was several years ago and the effect hasn't faded, so at least in the case of nail stem cells, they weren't used up. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#6 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

I'd try the experiment Turnbuckle just mentioned. I'm a good candidate because I'm both taking c60 and I'm plagued by medically unsolvable avascular (knee) cartilage damage. If I could get stem cell therapy, I would. But I can't afford it. It would cost me $4,000 to allow important people standing around in expensive shoes pull out some of my hip stem cells, spin the cells around for awhile, and then smile, reinject them into my damaged cartilage. Good luck, they say as I wobble toward the door. We don't take insurance. And someone has to pay, haha...

I guess few researchers are curious about c60 as a human anti aging tool? That's meant as a question. I mean, the stuff seemed to show big longevity promise in rats three or so years ago. Many got interested here, reported compelling anecdotes, had hope. I wonder if over-enthusiastic lay people and the subsequent cottage industries arising scared away the "serious scientists?" The serious ones are scared of looking like freaks, maybe, or scared of losing rep or tenure? What is it, do they think they're not gonna die soon, too? In the time that has elapsed since the rat trials in Paris has there been any formal curiosity about c60 in olive oil? I read that Ichor (the K Moody company) received $80 in a grant from Methuselah Foundation. Go Ichor! Will they try to replicate the French work?

Edited by sthira, 15 November 2015 - 03:17 PM.

• Agree x 1

#7 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:03 AM

If C60 does activate mitochondria, it could indeed force stem cells to differentiate as active mitochondria appear to be the key that sets the process in motion, and this could at least potentially use up stores of stem cells. One possible way to answer this is to poll people who have had stem cell therapy. For instance, one person here who'd previously had a stem cell injection in his knee felt as if he'd had another after taking C60. If his injected stem cells were used up by the first C60 treatment, then more C60 should have no subsequent effect. Of course, a long time would have to pass between treatments to see this. Another possibility: Stem cells are involved in the growth of fingernails, and mine had gotten weak and easily torn by the age of sixty, but months after taking C60 for the first time, I noticed that my nails had returned to health and were as good as ever. That was several years ago and the effect hasn't faded, so at least in the case of nail stem cells, they weren't used up. 

That would be me, I had the stem cell treatment and then 3 months later started weekly single dose C60oo (15 mill).

That was over 3 years now and all is well. Perhaps not enough time has transpired for any ill effects to show up, but I really feel great.

So three years of weekly dosing hasn't yet caused noticeable stem cell depletion.

Mike

#8 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

Reason:

Investigating Mitochondrial Rejuvenation During Cellular Reprogramming and Embryonic Development

The changes involved in producing induced pluripotent stem cells from ordinary somatic cells, such as those from a skin sample, are accompanied by mitochondrial rejuvenation, a clearance of mitochondrial damage associated with aging. This also occurs in the earliest stages of embryonic development, turning old parental cells into young child cells. It is not beyond the bounds of the possible to suggest that perhaps just this mitochondrial part of the transformation could be split off and used as the basis for a therapy - though other approaches to mitochondrial repair are far closer to realization. Also, it may well be that mitochondria are so vital to cellular function that it is impossible to safely induce such radical changes in adult tissues given the way in which cells are presently structured. As usual, the only way to find out is to dig deeper into what is going on under the hood, as researchers are doing here. The original research release is in PDF format only, unfortunately, but it provides a better explanation than any of the other available resources:
A new study suggests that old mitochondria - the oxygen-consuming metabolic engines in cells - are roadblocks to cellular rejuvenation. By tuning up a gene called Tcl1, which is highly abundant in eggs, researchers were able to suppress old mitochondria to enhance a process known as somatic reprogramming, which turn adult cells into embryonic-like stem cells. Researchers found that Tcl1 does its job by suppressing mitochondrial polynucleotide phosphorylase (PnPase), thereby inhibiting mitochondrial growth and metabolism.
Stem cell researchers had known that egg (or oocyte) cytoplasm contains some special unknown factors that can reprogramme adult cells into embryonic-like stem cells, either during egg-sperm fertilisation or during artificial cloning procedures. While researchers had invented a technology called induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) reprogramming to replace the ethically controversial oocyte-based reprogramming technique, oocyte-based reprogramming was still deemed superior in complete cellular reprogramming efficiency. To address this shortfall, researchers combined oocyte factors with the iPSC reprogramming system. Their bioinformatics-driven screening efforts1 led to two genes: Tcl1 and its cousin Tcl1b1. After a deeper investigation, the team found that the Tcl1 genes were acting via the mitochondrial enzyme, PnPase. "We were quite surprised, because nobody would have thought that the key to the oocyte's reprogramming powers would be a mitochondrial enzyme. The stem cell field's conventional wisdom suggests that it should have been some other signalling genes instead."
Tcl1 is a cytoplasmic protein that binds to the mitochondrial enzyme PnPase. By locking PnPase in the cytoplasm, Tcl1 prevents PnPase from entering mitochondria, thereby suppressing its ability to promote mitochondrial growth and metabolism. Thus, an increase in Tcl1 suppresses old mitochondria's growth and metabolism in adult cells, to enhance the somatic reprogramming of adult cells into embryonic-like stem cells. These new insights could boost efficacy of the alternative, non-oocyte based iPSC techniques for stem cell banking, organ and tissue regeneration, as well as further our understanding of how cellular metabolism rejuvenates after egg-sperm fertilisation.

http://www.longecity...ic-development/

#9 Tudor Boloni

• 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

It is very worthwhile to discover the rate of stem cell niche depletion, and C60oo may be generating an increase in stem cell differentiation but NOT division of stem cells in the niche which would only be identified decades later.  The performance:longevity trade-off needs to be discovered if it exists, or the gamble is that system wide exogenous stem cell replenishing will be feasible before the depleted niche risk shows symptoms (a gamble for sure).  Paying for a Mousera Inc. contract to perform hyperbaric experiments along these lines may be an option if a grant is found:

http://ajpheart.phys...90/4/H1378.long

The 'dance' of molecular signaling needed in stem cell niche activation, replication, differentiation is complex and hard to guess at.

#10 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

This thread interest me greatly. For one I want to know more about stem cells and because the possible effects of C60 has a very direct effect on me, seeing that I take some daily.

That said, I still can't see how C60 will have a negative effect. Watched this video on the basics of stem cells. A dividing stem cell should always give another stem cell to keep it's population up. It should only divide when it gets a signal from niche cells. Antioxidants should help to protect our stem cells, but from one Finish study it seems that MitoQ can have a detrimental effect on stem cells. Though it wasn't necessarily because it was a mitochondrial antioxidant. What is true for MitoQ is not per definition true for C60.

#11 Tudor Boloni

• 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

@Nuke "A dividing stem cell should always give another stem cell to keep it's population up."  

The Should Always is incorrect.  We evolved a set of molecular signals to choreograph the replication step & another to differentiate and serve the purpose of repair.  You need to track the replication step as well to be certain you are not simply flushing the niches early.

A good background on the complexity of stem cell dynamics:
http://www.pnas.org/...11/10/3653.full

Edited by Tudor Boloni, 30 November 2015 - 05:52 PM.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stem cell, c60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users