• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What did you replace burnout with when they changed the formula?

burnout spf 30 sucky new formula

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:52 AM

Since burnout started sucking because they reformulated (as per FDA order) what sunscreens have you been using? 

Is it

1-zinc based

2-Goes on clear 

3-No fragrance and non sticky?

and

4-Waterproof?

What is it? 

I am pissed that burnout sucks now. 

Their ecosensitive SPF 30 was perfect

Now it's some greasy melting mess that suck. 

#2 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'm using the Eco sensitive right now and find it perfect.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

I'm using the Eco sensitive right now and find it perfect.

I'm in california and it this formula sucks. Unless you're using old stock? 

But i'm referring to the latest spf 35 eco-sensitive. 

It sits on my face like some tacky make up.

Then it melts off my face with sweat. I think I have gone back to ocean sensitive formula because at least it won't melt off me when I sweat. 

I tried the face and body one but it doesn't seem to last as long as the older formula for some reason but it has a better consistency than that eco mess. 

#4 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

New formula. Would think the old formula is not to be found now. I use Ocean Tested in the warmer months due to it being better water resistant.

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

New formula. Would think the old formula is not to be found now. I use Ocean Tested in the warmer months due to it being better water resistant.

I think you just said it.

You're in a cooler climate than Southern California, so basic activity does not make you sweat as much. Thus not melting the eco formula as readily as it melts off me. 

I wanna try out heliocare spf 90 but no substantial reviews. When I have some extra money to fuck around with i'll try it more than likely. 

#6 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

Hi TheFountain,

I like the new-ish Face & Body spf 30 well enough to have re-purchased.

Good luck!

Mia

Edited by Mia K., 01 November 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:52 PM

Hi TheFountain,

I like the new-ish Face & Body spf 30 well enough to have re-purchased.

Good luck!

Mia

That formula doesn't last me as long as the older formula did. I went through two of those in like 3 months, whereas the old one tube would last 6 months. 

#8 MoreNowAgain

• 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:44 PM

I'm still using burnouts eco sensitive brand.

#9 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

I'm still using burnouts eco sensitive brand.

I switched over to ocean tested. 

#10 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:58 AM

The burnout face and body that looks like this: 

http://img.makeupall...JPG&w=980&h=980  

(Round tub with black lid and yellow label. Has "Burnout face & body" on front.)

Is the old, good, formula. I bought a few.

They have again, removed this. I see this for sale now:

https://www.burnouts...4_Face&Body.jpg

Also called face and body. Can someone confirm if this is the old, good, formula? The non greasy one?

#11 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

I use Paula's choice Resist Zinc Oxide SPF 30 sunscreen and try and stay out the sun as much as I can.

#12 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

The burnout face and body that looks like this: 

http://img.makeupall...JPG&w=980&h=980

(Round tub with black lid and yellow label. Has "Burnout face & body" on front.)

Is the old, good, formula. I bought a few.

They have again, removed this. I see this for sale now:

https://www.burnouts...4_Face&Body.jpg

Also called face and body. Can someone confirm if this is the old, good, formula? The non greasy one?

The face and body is closer to the older formula but still not quite the same. It takes more of the face and body to feel protected and so it doesn't last as long as the old eco sensitive formula did. But the consistency is definitely better than the new spf 35 eco formula. I am just using the ocean tested one. Seems the least oily of all and lasts the longest. 

I use Paula's choice Resist Zinc Oxide SPF 30 sunscreen and try and stay out the sun as much as I can.

What's so good about this 35$ sunscreen?

Also staying completely out of the sun is not a good idea. We need naturally sourced vitamin D absorbed through our skin. 30 Minutes a day on the arms or neck should be fine. 

#13 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:11 AM

Also staying completely out of the sun is not a good idea. We need naturally sourced vitamin D absorbed through our skin. 30 Minutes a day on the arms or neck should be fine. 

I like the way it feels on the face and it's tinted and leaves no white streaks. Haha, there is no way I can completely avoid the sun that's just ridiculous. I cycle and walk about an hour each day so I'm sure I'll be fine. I avoid peak times and wear sunglasses. When I'm in a particularly hot climate I wear a hat.

#14 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

I like the way it feels on the face and it's tinted and leaves no white streaks. Haha, there is no way I can completely avoid the sun that's just ridiculous. I cycle and walk about an hour each day so I'm sure I'll be fine. I avoid peak times and wear sunglasses. When I'm in a particularly hot climate I wear a hat.

I'm very tempted to try heliocare spf 90 gel formula. 

#15 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:14 AM

Ah, that's interesting, Fountain. I found ocean tested to be very oily.

I use neither on my face though now. I've switched to L'Oreal's anthelios minerale. It's non-oily and quite aesthetically appealing when applied well. It's a great physical sunscreen too. 

#16 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

The U.S. website of PC does not mention about the particle size of the zinc oxide of the sunscreen but its U.K. webpage does.

http://www.paulascho...nse-spf-30.html

It says "......Zinc Oxide (13%) (Nano, broad spectrum sunscreen agent)......"

The UVA protection of nano zinc oxide is very weak.

#17 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

The U.S. website of PC does not mention about the particle size of the zinc oxide of the sunscreen but its U.K. webpage does.

http://www.paulascho...nse-spf-30.html

It says "......Zinc Oxide (13%) (Nano, broad spectrum sunscreen agent)......"

The UVA protection of nano zinc oxide is very weak.

Interesting I did not know that. I've just order 2 bottles lol! Oh well. So what do you use, Happy Lemon?

#18 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:46 AM

I use neither on my face though now. I've switched to L'Oreal's anthelios minerale. It's non-oily and quite aesthetically appealing when applied well. It's a great physical sunscreen too. 

It is oily but compared to that new eco messy formula spf 35? It's a lot less oily. 

And messy for that matter. 

The other sunscreen you mentioned, if it didn't cost 50$? maybe i'd consider. 

Edit: actually I think I sampled this one from riteaid recently and it has, correct me if i'm wrong, Titanium oxide?

Edited by TheFountain, 26 November 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#19 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Interesting I did not know that. I've just order 2 bottles lol! Oh well. So what do you use, Happy Lemon?

I use Burnout's Face & Body; it is very drying, so I must use drops of olive oil or rich cream underneath the sunscreen.

#20 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

It is oily but compared to that new eco messy formula spf 35? It's a lot less oily. 

Edit: actually I think I sampled this one from riteaid recently and it has, correct me if i'm wrong, Titanium oxide?

Titanium Dioxide 6%, Zinc Oxide 5%.  

It's coated zinc though I think and some other ingredients which make it a very good sunscreen (according to Eva).

You can find it for ~$35 usd around the internet. It's expensive but, considering I use it just for my face, it is fairly cost effective.

#21 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Titanium Dioxide 6%, Zinc Oxide 5%.  

It's coated zinc though I think and some other ingredients which make it a very good sunscreen (according to Eva).

You can find it for ~$35 usd around the internet. It's expensive but, considering I use it just for my face, it is fairly cost effective.

Tried it bro, it had a white cast effect and was no less oily than the previously mentioned eco formula from burnout. 

#22 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

They may have changed it recently. I tried it way back in 2008 and it was no good.

Now the white cast is there but it's not bad at all. Hard to notice unless pointed out. It goes on as a liquid but dries out and then sits matte on the face. Overall quite nice aesthetically and you know you're getting the protection of a top notch product. Highly recommended.

• Informative x 1

#23 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

I still think burnout protects you better. The ocean tested is probably the best way to go right now. And it barely appears to be on after it dries. I just wish they could somehow miraculously return to their old eco formula. 

#24 erata

• 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:25 AM

I use epicuren. It is amazing for everyday use. Really smooth and basically invisible. A teeny bit moisturizing and does not break me out. 

I don't know if it's waterproof though. I still use burnout for sports and heavy outdoor use even though I dislike the look and drying nees. 

#25 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:07 PM

I use epicuren. It is amazing for everyday use. Really smooth and basically invisible. A teeny bit moisturizing and does not break me out. 

I don't know if it's waterproof though. I still use burnout for sports and heavy outdoor use even though I dislike the look and drying nees. 

Epicuren is so expensive. And for what? The zinc is 10% concentration, that's almost 10% less than the zinc offered in Burnout ocean tested, and the price is 20% higher. 

#26 erata

• 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Epicuren is so expensive. And for what? The zinc is 10% concentration, that's almost 10% less than the zinc offered in Burnout ocean tested, and the price is 20% higher. 

This sunscreen meets all of your parameters, not to mention it is one of the ONLY ones that goes on clear. The concept of replacement is that is serves *the same purpose*. I was pretty clear why I liked it in the post and nothing had to do with price. 

If it's not usable, it's worth nothing. It is not a function of objective parameters, but rather whether it does the job I need it to, which is to be cosmetically acceptable and protect my skin. 

As someone who went almost two years not wearing sunscreen because I could not find a zinc sunscreen that was cosmetically acceptable, it's pretty significant when I find one that works for me. I have had no signs of UV damage while wearing it and my skin looks and feels great. A sunscreen that protects, is TRULY invisible, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out? Priceless. I have tried ~30 zinc sunscreens and none have been as cosmetically acceptable. Skinmedica was ok though.

None of the burnouts are cosmetically acceptable to me and they all make my skin look white, pasty and dried out, which is why as I stated, I use them for sports.  This may not work for you, but I know there are other people who would prefer a cosmetically elegant sunscreen to one that makes their skin look crepey, oily or pasty so perhaps this information will be useful to them

Edited by erata, 02 December 2015 - 03:44 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#27 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

This sunscreen meets all of your parameters, not to mention it is one of the ONLY ones that goes on clear. The concept of replacement is that is serves *the same purpose*. I was pretty clear why I liked it in the post and nothing had to do with price. 

If it's not usable, it's worth nothing. It is not a function of objective parameters, but rather whether it does the job I need it to, which is to be cosmetically acceptable and protect my skin. 

As someone who went almost two years not wearing sunscreen because I could not find a zinc sunscreen that was cosmetically acceptable, it's pretty significant when I find one that works for me. I have had no signs of UV damage while wearing it and my skin looks and feels great. A sunscreen that protects, is TRULY invisible, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out? Priceless. I have tried ~30 zinc sunscreens and none have been as cosmetically acceptable. Skinmedica was ok though.

None of the burnouts are cosmetically acceptable to me and they all make my skin look white, pasty and dried out, which is why as I stated, I use them for sports.  This may not work for you, but I know there are other people who would prefer a cosmetically elegant sunscreen to one that makes their skin look crepey, oily or pasty so perhaps this information will be useful to them

It doesn't serve the same purpose because the protection is 50% less. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users