responsibility motivation avolition

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

Hi guys.

I don't know how much there is to do about this, but I have been combatting problems with motivation, avolition and irresponsible behaviour (read lazyness...) for a long time now. Basically, I'm not really interested in doing anything. I don't partake in society or political issues or anything, I don't have any desire to seek out friends or family, to travel, pursue a career, or find a partner, I don't even clean my apartment until I have to let someone in because I have to. Either it's not interesting or it's too much work and I just want to sit down and do nothing. So most of the time I do everything in the last minute and the days just fleet by. People I prefer to avoid so I don't have to interact with them. And I'm kind of lacking in empathy and my social skills make people think I'm kind of weird most of the time, but.

Right now I'm studying a one year course to become a CNC-operator, but it's not going very well because I'm not that interested in industry work. I mainly chose it because I wanted to get away from cab driving, which was my main occupation for a little more than a year, and because nothing else was interesting and I can't work with people basically. Mainly I wanted to leave because working friday and saturday nights was about to give me a heart attack every time because of the stress. Taxi is okay over all, but I hate the late weekends because of the drunk people, I feel like shit every time. And I already prefer to avoid and not talk to people as it is. And when I do get together with one of my two closer friends I have to reall strain myself to talk. I have no problem just shutting up and just sitting there, which might be okay at times, but not the entire time and with all people. Socially/motivationally, I'm almost frighteningly alike my grandmother, who has Alzheimers disease, although not as cognitively impaired of course.

This is a little bit embarassing for me to write about but I feel like I need to bounce some ideas here I feel. I have talked about my thing with people with a doctor and a curator but they haven't been able to help me. I just got directed to therapy. For a while I managed to get the idea into my head that I was a psychopath and I had suicidal ideation during the whole summer because of not knowing how to resolve the situation.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is a state of where I care, when things and people are important because the outcomes matter. Now it's like I don't really understand the long term importance of things kind of. Or I do understand but it's not worth doing it, or it's not worth thinking about it. I'm a lazy bum and even if I can work with making schedules, to do-lists etc, it doesn't do that much for my interest in things and the tiredness that makes entrance as soon as something is not interesting. As well as the panic that ensues me because i know I need to have an income, but I have no interest in any field or in people, and without those interests, I think it's hard to get past an interview even if you have the education.

What I've been aiming at is brain regeneration. Creating more connections, enhancing plasticity. I've also tried testosterone supplements, dopaminergics and stuff.

This is the list of what I've been trying the last half a year for various hypothetical causes:

--------------------------------------

Supplements, in case there might have been a deficiency:

Vitamin D

Magnesium

Zink

B-vitamin complex

Vitamin B6, B9 and B12 tabs

Fish oil caps

Methylfolate

Benfotiamine

Diets:

Paleolithic

Semi-vegetarian

Gluten free

Lactose free

Exercise:

I lift heavy 2 times a week and play badminton 2 times a week

Substances/compounds/herbs:

Bacopa

Green tea extract

Ashwagandha

Lithium Orotate

Caffeine

Inositol

Lions mane Mushroom fruiting body extract

Testrogain

5-HTP

Noopept

Semax

Oxiracetam

Choline bitartrate

(Right now I am on these)

Jiaogulan

Lions mane mushroom

Olive leaf extract

Curcumin with bioperine

Other:

Compassion meditation every day (not any longer)

--------------------------------------

None of these things have helped anything, except for Semax that gave me quite a bit of libido for a couple of days at least. I also felt slightly more inclined to be interactive. Unfortunately I felt stressed on it, and my resting pulse during the days was quite high, up against 80-95 bpm. So that trial I kept on for 6 days. Now I'm waiting for a gram of NSI-189, to see what it could do with my mood and my memory which I need for work.

However, what I think I would need to aim at is the frontal lobe, mainly. Things that increase activity in, or blood flow to, the DorsoLateral PFC, the VentroMedialPFC and/or the OrbitoFrontal Cortex, like Guanfacine or something. Or maybe I would need to attenuate the NMDA signalling or something. I'm not sure. Some articles talk about higher dopamine levels in the insular region determine lazyness. But I don't know if it's possible to change that as of yet.

Anyway. I would appreciate some feedback on this, and maybe some suggestions on substances that could help me direct more energy outwards and to feel more compelled and engaged, and that can work in the long term if possible.

Edited by Sleepdealer, 02 November 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:41 PM

Mate, what you describe here makes me think you've been struck by a triple-whammy:

Depression

ADHD-PI

Atypical Autism

The depression is most likely a result of your ADHD-PI and your ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), and how you can't figure yourself out, or have been mistreated by your unknowing environment as a result.

You really need to check yourself out for the Autism and the ADHD-PI there - I have ADHD-PI, but leaning more towards the proposed disorder SCT - Sluggish Cognitive Tempo. It's often characterized by withdrawnness, quietness and shyness - mainly because an SCT-brain isn't equipped to process information at the speed that todays society demands - the result is then sensory overload, and extreme fatigue.

This feeling of fatigue then often leads to depression, as the person with the disorder can't figure out why he or she can't achieve what they set out to do.

A simple test for the disorders is this - do you recall

You should be able to call your local Psychiatric health-center and voice your suspicions of ADHD and ASD - describe your symptoms, and then demand that you be put on the waiting-list for screening.

It should be possible to do this via the regular adult psychiatric center as well, rather than the neuropsychiatric centers, which are usually overbooked and swamped with patients - this will speed up the process somewhat.

As for a career-option - the options are somewhat limited if you have both ADHD-PI and ASD, but what works for me is to focus on the hobbies I like the most, since they can actually engage me. This is doubly important if you have autistic features - if so, you should then be able to turn your special interest into a positive thing, as it will combat your fatigue and low attention, resulting in at least some work being done.

Do you recall having any special interests when you were a child? Before you became apathetic and disinterested because of the rigors of adult life, that is. Try to find something from your childhood, and try to re-engage with that activity - even consider it as a career. If you like video-games, then become a pro-gamer. If you like collecting butterflies, then become a Lepidopterist - and study butterflies for a living.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest you try out Modafinil and see how that affects you, it can sometimes do wonders for these feelings of apathy that you are describing.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 03 November 2015 - 06:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

I suggest high doses of testosterone which will make u horny as fuck and rip weights at the gym

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 4
  • Good Point x 1

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:59 PM

I suggest high doses of testosterone which will make u horny as fuck and rip weights at the gym

You cannot suggest anything of the sort without him checking up his testosterone and estrogen -levels first. If he really does have some sort of hormonal deficit, then that will definitely help - but it's not at all as clear-cut if his problems aren't related to testosterone-failure.

@Sleepdealer:

I suggest you call your local health-center and request that they do an entire barrage of tests on you - hormones, vitamines, minerals, etc. Testosterone and thyroid-levels should be checked. By having this checked, you can then start narrowing down your problems - the body and the mind are connected.

#5 lemon_

• Validating/Suspended
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

here's one for you,

not being a lazy jack off. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 7
  • Unfriendly x 4
  • Ill informed x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#6 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

high doses you'll notice a HUGEEEE difference whether you have low test. or not

https://www.youtube....NHxqAxNU3Is?t=5

You cannot suggest anything of the sort without him checking up his testosterone and estrogen -levels first. If he really does have some sort of hormonal deficit, then that will definitely help - but it's not at all as clear-cut if his problems aren't related to testosterone-failure.

@Sleepdealer:

I suggest you call your local health-center and request that they do an entire barrage of tests on you - hormones, vitamines, minerals, etc. Testosterone and thyroid-levels should be checked. By having this checked, you can then start narrowing down your problems - the body and the mind are connected.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#7 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

Hey thanks for your suggestions.

@drg

I already tried Testrogain, which threw me into a roid rage, so I threw that away. Also, ashwagandha raises testosterone levels. It made me slightly more energized and a bit more interactive, but also a bit "antisocial" I felt, I didn't really like the effects that much so I stopped. Maybe when I solve all other issues, testosterone elevation could be relevant. I have been conciderating doing a hormone panel, which is possible here. I just haven't got to it. I've chosen to focus on trialling different substances instead.

@Stinkorninjor

Yeah my thoughts have drifted into those areas of diagnoses. I tried out a quick ADHD form at the therapist I saw a few times but I scored quite average. So yeah, it's merely inattentive. But i figure it's more disinterest. When it comes to autism spectrum disorder, that might be more close to it perhaps. We talked about putting me up for a screening test after she got to know I also talked to the doctor about it after she kind of distrusted me in the beginning. But in the end I didn't feel that was it at the time, it's really not a clear cut case I think, so I said no thanks that time. Also yeah, the waiting time to such screenings take a really long time lol. I need to at some rate ameliorate this now, because of monetary and career related causes, I really can't wait. So I do whatever I can myself instead, researching and trialling anything that can improve the situation.

I'm waiting for NSI-189, and I ordered Fasoracetam after you brought it up, for motivation and cognitive boosting. The reviews look pretty good, and just 5-10 mgs sublingually shouldn't be too awful, right? I also ordered Memantine and Galantamine, which seem to have good effects on children with autism, in terms of social interaction, irritability and more, also synergistically it seems from a quick glance. If it helps, it helps. If none of those work, then my next thing to order is Tianeptine. I just hope all these things will pass the customs without anything getting confiscated or something. I would really hate that.

What are you currently using for your symptoms Stinkorninjor? And have you ever had any issues with the customs?

And about depression, yeah these things tend to make me a bit depressed from time to time, and I am also a bit ruminating and obsessive about these things too. Something like tianeptine could probably ameliorate that stuff, but we'll see. And when it comes to hobbies, I don't really have any. I play computer games, watch movies and sometimes I do various crafting. I was thinking about joining a class in "theatrical property-ship", so to speak, but I can't deal well with people, and that's really what is the biggest dealbreaker of all, when it comes to every work cathegory, to be honest. If I can solve that, then more possibilities would become open for concideration.

To add, I have been concidering 23andme testing also. I saw you did it and you got your answer about the Dopamine D4 receptor polymorphism. I should probably look into that more and see what kind of information I can get out of it actually. I'm just worried, you know when you don't live in the US, that your sample might not be good enough or something and you have to make a new one and shit. Did you make it right the first time? :P

Thanks

Edited by Sleepdealer, 03 November 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#8 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

I think NSI189 is the place to start, works for me

Metadoxine ER is my curiousity atm for attention it is an ion pair of vitamin B6 and L-pyroglutamate. It is more for inattentiveness not hyperactivity. 

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#9 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

unless I missed reading it you 

could utilize St johns wort as well as s-adenosyl methyl cysteine

both of these are published mood elevators.  St johns wort works well

The CNC thing sounds awesome if you get good at it you could program computers (that is customize CAD to CNC files) at a distance with telepresence, earning Norwegian wages from any country you liked living at.  that was potentially motivational  Also as regards interviews, the CNC certificate is very likely more than suffiecient to earn funds, that was a thoughtful likely effective thing to think of.

also, rather than think about steroids, you could just approve (slide right)  the next 1000 people on your dating app then find out who writes back   If I find it, This amusing thoughtcatalog.com link compares the effect of images on responsiveness.  it also describes what an effective response is to the female author. I did not find the source article, at the article she just autoapproved 100 others, then found out who wrote to her based on her online images.  I preferred the blonde R2D2 yet others preferred the beretlike brunette.  The gist of it though is that with a dating app you could bulk approve then sort on response verbal quality which is what she did.

also I mildly urge you to avoid thinking that about finding a partner, you will find a partner, but to seek a partner might just pepe le pew out the situation  https://en.wikipedia...iki/Pepé_Le_Pew  Rather weirdly you could enroll at New age Massage school or the like, which would cause excercise with communication constantly.

Edited by treonsverdery, 04 November 2015 - 12:49 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#10 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:33 PM

out of empathy as well as saneness I think I should apologize to SD  mentioning Pepe le Pew to a person who has actually considered intentional death is a huge logic error as well as stupid, it was an error.  That said, noting that SD has researched the novel molecule NSI-189 an antidepressant that amplifies hippocampus volume, I have a feeling st johns wort as well as sam-e have been thought about.  

er so that leaves other ways to cure flat affect like

transcranial magnetic stimulation

tDCS  adjustable as well as might have novel maps

Zumba

motion n movement, neorlinguistic programming people not that Rave hands cause cheerfulness, thus it is possible that kinds of aerobics that are full of body language happiness expressiveness, possibly what at the USA is described as Zumba could practice NLP of feeling happy frequently at regular intervals while surrounded with others, who, more than theoretically might emit pheremones of nonconscious interpersonal interest. 

also happy people are published as causing their social aquaintences or friends to become happier, so you could advertise to meet happy people, screening people with the deiner happiness inventory http://internal.psyc...iener/SWLS.html  which is really rapid. Aslo you could look up research based on this online as well.

Below are five statements that you may agree or disagree with. Using the 1 - 7 scale below, indicate your agreement with each item by placing the appropriate number on the line preceding that item. Please be open and honest in your responding.

• 7 - Strongly agree

• 6 - Agree

• 5 - Slightly agree

• 4 - Neither agree nor disagree

• 3 - Slightly disagree

• 2 - Disagree

• 1 - Strongly disagree

____ In most ways my life is close to my ideal.

____ The conditions of my life are excellent.

____ I am satisfied with my life.

____ So far I have gotten the important things I want in life.

____ If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing.

• 31 - 35 Extremely satisfied

• 26 - 30 Satisfied

• 21 - 25 Slightly satisfied

• 20        Neutral

• 15 - 19 Slightly dissatisfied

• 10 - 14 Dissatisfied

•  5 -  9   Extremely dissatisfied

so, hundreds of women are writing to you online, many have described their Deiner happiness numbers, then you meet with the happiest among them. As a result of genetics if they are unmoved, remember they will be happy again immediately mostly from genetics,  their Joie de vivre affects you, you suggest swapping tDCS electrodes! together possibly snort some NSI189!  No actually, its intentional as well is likely to be pleasant to all the humans at the activity.

Edited by treonsverdery, 04 November 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#11 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

I would appreciate some feedback on this, and maybe some suggestions on substances that could help me direct more energy outwards and to feel more compelled and engaged, and that can work in the long term if possible.

Maybe try caffeine, methylphenidate or modafinil?

According to this article, you're normal since "...humans evolved to be 'lazy', i.e. to conserve energy.."

Endurance expert: Drugs could help 'lazy' people exercise

03 Nov 2015, 02:04 PM

Endurance expert suggests drugs could help 'lazy people' exercise In what has been described as 'doping for lazy people' a University of Kent endurance expert has advocated the use of psychoactive drugs to encourage sedentary people to exercise.

Together with lack of time, physical exertion is one of the main perceived barriers to exercise. This is not surprising because humans evolved to be 'lazy', i.e. to conserve energy. Professor Samuele Marcora suggests that reducing perception of effort during exercise using caffeine or other psychoactive drugs (e.g. methylphenidate and modafinil) could help many people stick to their fitness plans.

Whilst acknowledging that such an intervention is both drastic and controversial, Professor Marcora points out that perception of effort is one of the main reasons why most people choose sedentary activities for their leisure time. Compared to watching television (zero effort), even moderate-intensity physical activities like walking require considerable effort. He says finding a way that makes people with very low motivation to do even moderate exercise, like walking, could be particularly useful.

Similarly, a reduction in perception of effort would be very helpful to the many people who find exercise difficult because they are overweight and/or exercise after work in a state of mental fatigue.

Professor Marcora also states that whilst there is no strong ethical opposition to the use of psychoactive drugs to help quit smoking (nicotine) or treat obesity (appetite suppressants), the negative perception of doping in sport may prevent the use of stimulants and other psychoactive drugs to treat physical inactivity.

Given that physical inactivity is responsible for twice as many deaths as obesity, he hopes that psychopharmacological treatment for physical inactivity will be considered fairly and seriously rather than immediately rejected on the basis of unrelated ethical considerations about doping in sport.

Professor Samuele Marcora is Director of Research at the University of Kent's School of Sport and Exercise Sciences. His paper Can Doping be a Good Thing? Using Psychoactive Drugs to Facilitate Physical Activity Behaviour has been published in the journal Sports Medicine.

Story Source:
The above story is based on materials provided by University of Kent. Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.

Journal Reference:
Samuele Marcora. Can Doping be a Good Thing? Using Psychoactive Drugs to Facilitate Physical Activity Behaviour. Sports Medicine, 2015; DOI: 10.1007/s40279-015-0412-x

#12 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I was concidering st johns wort in the beginning but never tried it out because of recommendations on not driving or operating machines when on it, which are the two things I do really. But I might take it up again. I've tried MAO-B inhibitors such as green tea extract and I'm doing curcumin right now, but they don't do much for me actually. I've also tried methylphenidate, that a friend gets for her ADHD, once too, felt nothing noticable on it. Caffeine makes me jittery and my short term memory gets worse, along with constant pissing. So regular dopaminergics and the other likes don't seem to be my thing unfortunately.. :P But unless Fasoracetam tastes way too wretched to take even at 5mg doses, it should probably do good work for the motivation, there's a big thread about it in this section. So I'll see what happens from that as soon as it arrives. If things go really well, at the end of next week. Otherwise I might pick up some st johns wort.

Treonsverdery, I know who Pepe le Pew is :) Recently I'm trying to avoid throwing myself into anything really, since most relationships has turned sour in the end. When I say I want to meet a partner some time, it's more that I want to be able to cultivate it. I need to get functional first, and when I am, if I can, then hopefully I can meet one.

tDCS and TMS are kind of interesting. Have you heard or seen any good results from them specifically?

#13 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

this a page of references on TMS causing happier mood http://www.ncbi.nlm....=tms depression

This review article notes that an accumululation of studies supports tdcs as beneficial http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/26232699

#14 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I was concidering st johns wort in the beginning but never tried it out because of recommendations on not driving or operating machines when on it, which are the two things I do really. But I might take it up again. I've tried MAO-B inhibitors such as green tea extract and I'm doing curcumin right now, but they don't do much for me actually. I've also tried methylphenidate, that a friend gets for her ADHD, once too, felt nothing noticable on it. Caffeine makes me jittery and my short term memory gets worse, along with constant pissing. So regular dopaminergics and the other likes don't seem to be my thing unfortunately.. :P But unless Fasoracetam tastes way too wretched to take even at 5mg doses, it should probably do good work for the motivation, there's a big thread about it in this section. So I'll see what happens from that as soon as it arrives. If things go really well, at the end of next week. Otherwise I might pick up some st johns wort.

Treonsverdery, I know who Pepe le Pew is :) Recently I'm trying to avoid throwing myself into anything really, since most relationships has turned sour in the end. When I say I want to meet a partner some time, it's more that I want to be able to cultivate it. I need to get functional first, and when I am, if I can, then hopefully I can meet one.

tDCS and TMS are kind of interesting. Have you heard or seen any good results from them specifically?

Response to Methylphenidate is highly dose-dependant - what sort of dose did you try? If you truly have some kind of attention-disorder, then you may not notice anything until you reach a certain dose - it's not unheard of at all, a friend of mine that I have helped with trialing methylphenidate felt absolutely nothing on the first attempt, slow increase until the third round where he felt a fairly dramatic difference.

I myself noticed an effect even at a low dose, however, the effect have never been replicated, so I mostly experience adverse effects these days - which is in line with the recorded responses of those with SCT. Methylphenidate isn't the drug of choice for those with that disorder - Strattera seems to be more the thing.

I think you should consider a combo of NSI-189 and Fasoracetam personally - both are damn good, modern compounds.

#15 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:41 AM

thinking about tDCS you could advertise at your Swedish municipality to find out if a person that actually has a tDCS now would let you utilize it as a kind of generosity thing.

They might be using tDCS to, as published at science or nature magazine, double their responsiveness at computer activities.

#16 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

@treonsverdery

TMS and tDCS seems pretty potent tbh. I saw a study that was linked to from wikipedia that says it's usable to treat a whole bunch of psychiatric problems. I will look more into it to see if there's possibly anything in there for autism or psychopathy-ish/narcissism-ish treatments, cus depressive mood is more secondary, something that follows social and motivational defeat so to speak. I wonder though what such stimulation of the orbitofrontal cortex could possibly do. I have to look that up.

@Stinkorninjor

I actually don't remember exactly what does that was, it was a couple of years ago, but I think it wasn't the lowest dose they are selling of Concerta. But you may well be right that it can be dose dependent.

However, I might have been too quick to judge the efficacy of the MAO-B inhibition that curcuming induces tbh. The last two days now I've started to feel quite energized. Notably more interactive at school, and more assertive, but also, quite a bit overstimulated, so I'll only take one cap a day instead now. The curcumin is the only thing that I would attribute these effects to come from.

The thing is, I still feel like I get nothing out of social interactions, like it isn't worth it and I don't see what makes others think it's so damn fun to just stop in their tracks to talk about stuff. Most of the time it makes me want to crawl out of my skin and flee when such a moment pops up. Most of the time it gets uncomfortable, and when people wanna be friends I prefer to just keep my distance and avoid it outside of formal events or things like school and work. After reading a couple of pages on oxytocin and it's relation to cooperation, feelings of closeness or connectedness and compassion, and how it is released when we socialize for one thing, I'm starting to get curious of that. Most of the time I don't really feel that at all. But I don't know exactly what is the cause. If the problem is "oxytonergic" in it's nature, it might have to do with the abundance of receptors, or with the production of oxytocin itself, OR even with the recognition in the brain of prosocial events occuring, that signalizes to the hypothalamus to produce it. Anyway, I need to try out the stuff that I have ordered for experimentation for now.

Edited by Sleepdealer, 06 November 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#17 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

@treonsverdery

I found this study about autism now: http://www.sciencedi...935861X13002994

Sounds pretty neat. And also the whole concept of being able to stimulate all parts of the cortexes (or is it cortices?) with this is pretty tempting, if it actually stimulates something inside them, I don't know what it is that really happens yet. I think I won't be able to access such a device anytime soon, but I'll keep in mind to do an advertisement about it, or perhaps build a device myself if I can get the parts. If something would come my way I will update about it.

#18 Alin Samson

• 24 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

So,for the moment rTMS as technology is pretty expensive.And yes,it`s really effective.

If you want to buy a device in a decent range of price these are the options:

http://www.micro-pul...tions/frontpage   -decent reviews

https://shaktitechnology.com/shiva/  -or God`s helmet for home use

http://www.aliexpres...archweb201560_9  -well,this could be really medical grade device but with China you never know exactly what you will receive,eventhough that from the pictures and company description they seem to be serious.

Othewise,if you interested you could  try TDCS which is way much cheaper .

Edited by Alin Samson, 09 November 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#19 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

why is it so hard for me to search for rtms wish I had more devices to compare and better access to reviews

#20 NRF

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

I am the same,dont enjoy any social interaction,apathy,lack of mental energy to exteriorize myself and unemotional most of the time.

You more likely have a Schizoid Personality than depression,adhd or other labels.

https://en.wikipedia...nality_disorder

• Disagree x 1

#21 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:18 AM

I hate to be flip, but I can't resist...

Cutting out the Badminton should raise your testosterone alone!

No seriously, I'd start with an adaptogen herb, specifically Ashwagandha, see if that helps, then move on to the Research Chem route.

I'd bet the Ash makes you feel better after two weeks but might not do enough, depending on what you expect.

For motivation, nothing beats making something a habit.  But that takes days and people lacking motivation tend not to be able to stay the course.

A mild stimulant combined with habit building techniques is probably you best bet.  Try 200 mg of Modafinil.

#22 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

Sleep deprivation, one day no sleep, then sleep for 2 to 3 hours, this will cause a rebound the second day, giving you 3 hours of pure slow-wave sleep.

This is a surprisingly good way to combat dysthymia and laziness. Sides are nausea, headaches, possibly even hypomania or hallucinations. It hits harder than most MAOi or tricyclics, imho.

Cortisol is vital, you need to put yourself outside of your safe zone, for example become a paramedic, join a boxing class, start a political party, etc.

Edited by vader, 12 November 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#23 Santi

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:45 AM

I am not suggesting this but just providing my experience. When I supplemented with t4 (the thyroid hormone) my energy levels changed dramatically. Tasks that I didn't like doing before like cleaning I began volunteering to do because I had so much more energy. Also I went from being quiet to outgoing.

Having high energy levels won't change many of your daily habits though. As daily habits determine your level of success I decide to hire an online assistant from fiverr to be my accountability partner. The new higher levels of energy mixed with the accountability partner produced outstanding results.

I do have to say I was taking Provigil and very low dose selegiline along with the t4. Also I went through a doctor even though I had to tell the doctor what tests needed to be done and adjust my levels myself until they were at the optimal level then she prescribed the correct amount.
  • Informative x 1

#24 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

@NRF: I have concidered that diagnosis once, but it doesn't get me anywhere tbh. There's no research done on people with this rare diagnosis as far as I've seen, and the causes for it may vary. Most diagnosises (eh?) don't really cover what I experience, or they come with a bunch of stuff I don't experience. Right now I'm just looking at the symptoms and look for causes to them, related brain parts, testimonies, and do trial and error.

@Junk Master: I already tried Ashwagandha, but the side effects got to me, I felt sort of anti social on it, less conciderate, after a period of days. It promotes nerve growth, but it also hightens testosterone, which in my case isn't a good thing. More testosterone for me = bad. Which is one of the reasons why I should have a hormone panel done on me next year I think. Modafinil is narcotics classed in Sweden. But I'm trying curcumin, which is an MAO-B inhibitor. It's not doing wonders, but I've noticed some effects on it. I might just try to combine it with my bottle of lithium orotate later on, since I've read that lithium ups the dopamine beta-hydroxylase, converting it to norepinephrin. I only trialled it for a short while since I didn't like it very much, but I might get on it again to give it another chance.

@vader: No thanks, I'm not doing that. Sleep deprivation is something I like to avoid, it makes everything worse in general, plus the body needs to rebuild and improve. But thanks. If I do a hormone panel next year, I'll see how my cortisol levels are doing.

@Santi: Thanks for tuning in. How did you get to the point where you tested for your thyroid hormone levels?

Right now I'm doing a trial of Strangeloves NSI-189. So far it has had a subtle effect on mood so far, which is as much as I can say at the moment. I also did a test of 8 mg capsule of Galantamine and 2 mg worth of Memantine oral solution yesterday. Memantine basically gave my libido a big boost, which I didn't expect, but more so when I'm alone and fantasizing, as well as made me feel less on the edge, a little less anxious and makes me less stuttery similarly to 25 mg of zinc, but a little better I think. I took 2 mg memantine today alone and will then stay off it for the rest of the week. Galantamine made me feel more ambitious, to me it felt slightly hypomanic because I'm not used to it, but in a healthy way. Didn't expect that either. Unfortunately it came with the side effect of low blood pressure which I noticed after squatting at the gym, I had to be careful after putting the weight down, which has only happened before when doing deadlifts.

I'm going to try Galantamine again tomorrow, maybe splitting a cap in two because it is vital that I do whatever I can not to flunk school and internship now. Other than that I will continuing NSI, Lions Mane Muchroom mycelium extract (actually helps me with memorizing stuff slightly, but noticably, better), Oleuropein and Jiaogulan (soon to run out of it) as usual. I also tested 10 mg of Fasoracetam sublingually once before a social hangout this saturday, which did nothing noticable unfortunately. I might pick it up later at a bigger dose.

Edited by Sleepdealer, 16 November 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#25 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

Also, Alin Samson. I'll get one of those when I have the economy for it. :laugh: Thanks for providing me with those links.

#26 Santi

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

@Santi: Thanks for tuning in. How did you get to the point where you tested for your thyroid hormone levels?

I had been feeling tired for a long period of time. Provigal helped but I felt there was some underlying issue that was causing the problem. I was outside the US and set up an appoint with a doctor who ordered a variety of tests. TSH, vitamin D, ferritin, etc. My insurance didn't cover it but there were no hassles and I had an immediate answer. What I do now is order lab tests online and then if anything comes up abnormal I go to the doctor. This allows me to catch shifts among various health measures before they cause sickness or permanent damage years down the road. 

Edited by Santi, 17 November 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#27 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

Ok, interesting. If you don't mind me asking, how come you visited a doctor abroad instead of inside the US? Also, what kind of lab tests do you order usually, and how often do you take them?

#28 Santi

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

I have a lot of free time and prefer to spend most of my time outside the US due to my quality of life being better outside the US. The doctors in the counties I visit have their own private practice and generally they will work with you however you want to improve your health if you have the cash to pay on the spot. For me the cost for the doctors visits are between $30 and $50.

For lab tests in the US I usually use http://www.healthonelabs.com

I get labs done around every 6 months.
Labs I have had are C-Reactive Protein, thyroid panels, vitamin, testosterone, lipid panel, a1c, PSA, ferritin, iron serum, complete blood count, and kidney panel. I have also done the 23andme dna test which was very informative when you process the information through promethease.

What did you end up changing this month after receiving all these suggestions from everyone? And how effective were the changes?

#29 Sleepdealer

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:14 AM

I see. I've been interested in running 23andme through Promethease too. I'll try to accomplish that in the soon future.

Well, what I changed this month was adding NSI-189 and trying memantine and galantamine. I think NSI and perhaps Memantine are keepers, as I find my cognition slightly better as of recently, but I need more testing. I updated about NSI-189 being antidepressive in the NSI-thread.

Testosterone I've already tried in a couple of formats, but I might look into other steroids and perhaps do a hormone panel. Caffeine I'm consuming almost daily in tea or sometimes soda and I've tried pills. Modafinil and Methylphenidate are narcotics classed in Sweden so I'd rather avoid getting caught with them in the mail. I've tried one dose Methylphenidate once but it might not have been enough for an effect. If I get the chance I could try a larger dose perhaps. Stinkorninjor brought up a D4 agonist which seems quite interesting, but atm it is too expensive to get my hands on. He also brought up Fasoracetam which I've tried once at 10 mg. I didn't really feel anything, so I'm gonna try 20 mg tomorrow I think, to see if anything happens by then.

I'm interested in rTMS and the likes. I'm going to follow the research and see what happens, and if the technology will get closer to us everyday population for us to use, because I think there's a lot that could be treated with that technology, once it moves out of the deepest realms of the scientific labs. I also think that it's really important to know what you are doing with that technology before you use it, as with everything else.

EDIT: I checked out healthonelabs and they only work inside the US. I'm wondering, does anyone else know of any similar, reliable, company, perhaps that they have employed before?

Edited by Sleepdealer, 23 November 2015 - 07:20 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

I see. I've been interested in running 23andme through Promethease too. I'll try to accomplish that in the soon future.

Well, what I changed this month was adding NSI-189 and trying memantine and galantamine. I think NSI and perhaps Memantine are keepers, as I find my cognition slightly better as of recently, but I need more testing. I updated about NSI-189 being antidepressive in the NSI-thread.

Testosterone I've already tried in a couple of formats, but I might look into other steroids and perhaps do a hormone panel. Caffeine I'm consuming almost daily in tea or sometimes soda and I've tried pills. Modafinil and Methylphenidate are narcotics classed in Sweden so I'd rather avoid getting caught with them in the mail. I've tried one dose Methylphenidate once but it might not have been enough for an effect. If I get the chance I could try a larger dose perhaps. Stinkorninjor brought up a D4 agonist which seems quite interesting, but atm it is too expensive to get my hands on. He also brought up Fasoracetam which I've tried once at 10 mg. I didn't really feel anything, so I'm gonna try 20 mg tomorrow I think, to see if anything happens by then.

I'm interested in rTMS and the likes. I'm going to follow the research and see what happens, and if the technology will get closer to us everyday population for us to use, because I think there's a lot that could be treated with that technology, once it moves out of the deepest realms of the scientific labs. I also think that it's really important to know what you are doing with that technology before you use it, as with everything else.

EDIT: I checked out healthonelabs and they only work inside the US. I'm wondering, does anyone else know of any similar, reliable, company, perhaps that they have employed before?

Well, I don't know how reliable they are, but there are quite a few companies in Sweden popping up right now, that do these kinds of tests - for the purpose of enhancing workout methods.

These seem decent enough, no idea how reliable they are:

http://inmo.se/brahe...arbetspartners/

It should be noted tho', I still think you can simply get most of these tests done through the governmental healthcare system in Sweden - just call your local "Vårdcentral".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: responsibility, motivation, avolition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users