- - - - -

science of sleep?

sleep

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:42 AM

Can anyone explain the process of sleep?

Why, well I have been only sleeping 2-3 hours and today none.

I tried taking some maganisum, I felt the calming heavy feeling, but still stayed awake in bed. Still felt my heavy heart beat. I felt I was going under to sleep then the last moment nothing.

Clean diet, exercise, meditate etc etc. Nothing helps.

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

Maybe try this...

• unsure x 1

#3 PerfectBrain

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

I've read a bunch about sleep. Here's what comes to mind in terms of one getting better sleep...

1. Create the perfect sleep environment.

A.  Ideal temperature is supposed to be 67 degrees.

B.  Room should be as dark as possible (use blackout blinds/curtains if necessary).

C.  Your bed makes a big difference.  If it's older than 10 years, considering getting a new one.
   D.  Keep distractions (TV, Radio, Night Lights, bright clocks, etc) out of your room.  Turn off alerts/ringers on your phone. Silence is your friend.

E.  Avoid "screen time" with monitors, phones, TV for the 30 - 60 minutes before bed.

2. A well-rested person should normally take 15-20 minutes to actually fall asleep once they get into bed. So don't stress out if you don't immediately fall asleep.

3. Establish a routine.  Going to sleep at the same time each night, maybe after a warm shower, and leave an adequate amount of time to sleep so you wake up without needing an alarm clock.

4. Avoid caffeine as much as possible, especially in the afternoon.

5. Try exercising a couple of hours before bed, so your body will need "a recovery period".

6. Try introducing something relaxing for you (reading, meditation, reflecting on the day's events, etc) before bed.

If you find yourself still continuously waking up, consider getting a sleep study.  They'll strap you up and monitor what's happening while you are asleep and try to determine what is bringing you out of sleep (and how far into the sleep cycle you are getting).

Best of luck to you.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users