Photo

Moringa oleifera vs. Cancer and Diabetes

moringa malungaay morinaga oleifera cancer diabetes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Moringa oleifera, AKA malungaay, has been traditionally used to treat a variety of ailments, but only recently has the science begun to catch up with the hearsay in the areas of breast and colon cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, diabetes, stroke, and myeloma. Granted, most of this evidence is in vitro, but we're getting there, and this is only a sampling of the available literature.

I've actually kept a moringa tree myself, in an effort to raise a source of it for personal consumption. Unfortunately, it's a tall spindly thing with relatively low leaf yield. The leaves themselves are ovals about a centimeter long, which makes them inefficient to grow and harvest. As a result, a large amount of cleared land and cheap labor are required to produce it economically.

Fortunately, an Indiegogo startup, Kuli Kuli, appears to be 77% of the way to solving the problem. Their solution is to reforest Haiti, capitalizing on its vast farm labor resources, to raise Moringa cheaply and sustainably. This makes particularly good sense on account of its proximity to the USA, overflowing as we are with preventable diseases. While I'm not affiliated with them, I look forward to trying their product when it's available in early 2016.

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

Interesting, seems promising!

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

I put it im my smoothie ever y morning along with Healthforce greens.

#4 resveratrol_guy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:10 AM

Congrats to whoever among you has helped them get 97% funded with only 2 days left! I don't want this to turn into a commercial thread, but I think this Kuli Kuli Indiegogo venture is very close to bringing us another cheap, potentially potent antitumour food that's well worth the time and funds, not to mention the benefits to destitute farmers in Haiti and reforestation. Let's push just a little harder and make this happen, unless of course you prefer the chemotherapy approach...

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 19 November 2015 - 05:11 AM.

• Needs references x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 resveratrol_guy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Update... I've started eating Kiva's bulk Moringa powder. A level tablespoon per day seems about right. (Too much, and you risk overdosing iron @ 18% RDA for Kiva or 50% for Kuli Kuli, per 10 g!) I keep it in the fridge in its resealable pouch without air, but perhaps it would actually keep better in an environment which did not foster condensation. By the way, the powder advertised on the Kuli Kuli (not to be confused with Kiva) website comes in expensive single-portion packs, but you can get the bulk variety on Amazon for less, from a variety of other vendors.

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has a long list of benefits complete with research citations here. The list covers cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc. In short: this stuff is basically an antiburger. Being an antiburger, it also doesn't taste very appealing, but that's OK because it's easily mixed up with, say, chocolate or olive oil and other food. Again, just watch your iron intake.

While I admire Kuli Kuli's approach to sustainable sourcing and quality control, discussion of other sources is invited.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 22 March 2016 - 05:02 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moringa, malungaay, morinaga, oleifera, cancer, diabetes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users