A reason to die at very old age

medicine death die disease diseases old age aging

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

Hello guys !

I remeber I red once in some of your posts, that the very old people are dying from different diseases than the old people.

Here is one such a condition, that the very old can die from.

It is a worn out stomach in combination of aged veins.

You maybe wont believe me at first, but now my familly are having very serious problems with exactly this thing for my grand mother, who is 97 now. I personally didn't find this thing in the gerontology books. I also think, that everybody, including you, will reach to a point when the stomach will be damaged to the point when it will not be able to absorb the food you are taking. And I think, that you will reach that point no matter how you protect and keep your stomach. So, it will be a nice idea to think out a solution for that before you yourself face it.

Back to my grand-mother's problem. Her stomach seems to be so worn out, that she cant eat literary. Everything she eats, she vomits back. She literary can starve to death (without feeling hunger thankfully) surrounded by food. And this problem hits entirely unexpectantly, out of the nowhere, representing only with repeated vomitings of everything swallowed, which vomitings looked like started from nowhere, suddenly, as for someone, who has gastrointestinal infection. For finding out a solution for this problem without even knowing what causes it, we lost a lot of time and means. We tried many things. Finally we reached to the conclusion, that her stomach is simply worn out.

Our solution so far: Until this moment we are doing fine with extra-corporal feeding, e.g. giving food, surrounding the stomach. Naso-gastral pipe will not solve the problem of her feeding, so we started intra venous feeding - with glucose and aminoacid solutions. And things go fine, until the moment the abocates start to clog and stopple and need to be replaced. The replacement has to be done in very short periods - several days to a week at most. This combined with the fact, that due to the normal aging her veins are with thick walls, tend to stopple and thrombose often, makes a serious problem. She is literary pierced everywhere in all possible veins like a drug addict, and from the periodical pircings it is harder and harder an abocate to be placed on the old places. Now we are seriously considering placing her a central venose source. At this moment she is fed well and she is fat again. But I don't know how long we will be able to replace abocates. Any ideas are wellcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medicine, death, die, disease, diseases, old age, aging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users