- - - - -

I am on MONTELUKAST -and the results are interesting

montekulast

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

Upon reading the potential anti-inflammatory effects of Montelukast on the brain, I decided to go ahead and try it. I was purely interested in its pro-health and anti-aging effects and wasn't trying to cure any ailment with it.

I was able to get only the 5 mg chewable tablets of Singulair, I believe intended for kinds; I took one pill a day starting 28 days ago.

I have noticed some very significant effects. First of all, this has significantly reduced my appetite, which is a very welcome effect as I have too much of it. Could this be the result of reduction in hypothalamus inflammation, which causes leptin downregulation IIRC?

Also, two inflammations in my joints amzingly disappeared. Both my elbow and knee were hurting as I had straied them in martial arts training and both went away on around day 15. I really don't think this is placebo, cause it was the last thing I was expecting. I was first unable to even make the connection between the drug and the lack of joint pain, but then when fist the knee and then the elbow started feeling normal, I began to think there is a connection.

However, I am also noting some depressive thoughts. Not a huge amount, but notable, which is associated with this class of drugs I think. 

Again, this is subjctive assessments, I know, but I'd love to hear your opinons. I am also thinking of upping the dose to 10 mg.

• Informative x 5
  • like x 1

#2 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

Very interesting, thanks for the post.

Did you source your Montelukast online?

If so source?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sub7

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Very interesting, thanks for the post.

Did you source your Montelukast online?

If so source?

Did not buy online...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 sub7

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:30 PM

Quick bump and a question:
Does the MOA of Montelukast potentially make it a systemic anti-inflammatory, or would the anti-inflammation only be present in brain tissue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users