- - - - -

Which form of taurine is ideal?

taurine magnesium taurate potassium taurate

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

I'm currently looking at picking up some L-Taurine powder (to add to shakes / smoothies), or some Magnesium Taurate, or a Mg + Potassium Taurate (from Cardiovascular Research.)

In the past, I've used cheap Whole Foods brand taurine capsules which seemed to give me symptoms of acid reflux / GERD (although, I was also supplementing L-Glycine at the time.)  I'm not sure whether it's better to take these on an empty stomach or with a big meal.

Which form would be ideal for me to grab?  I haven't been able to find much information on Potassium Taurate -- I've read that supplementing potassium can be rough on the stomach / GI or have depressive effects on the cardiovascular system?  I've also read that Magnesium Taurate can cause drowsiness.

I'm looking for something to balance out against my low-meat diet (eg. low taurine diet), and long term beta-alanine supplementation, which I've read depletes taurine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: taurine, magnesium taurate, potassium taurate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users