genomics predictive medicine bioscience life extension genetics dna sequencing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hello friends,

I've recently become involved in a personal genomics project and wanted to see the demand for that in this forum.

How do you feel (for example) about sequencing your DNA to predict your future health and optimize your longevity stack?

• like x 2

#2 YOLF

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

Sounds like a good idea, I've already done this for myself and it's yielded some good results already. What were you thinking about doing? Is this an entrepreneurial venture? A public service that LC could offer to generate more revenue?

#3 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:47 AM

If it was cheap, it could be interesting. :) I would most likely not be able to afford stacks etc. but if you know that you are at risk of certain things, you could always use that information to be healthier in other ways, such as improving diet to the best of your ability/budget. 

#4 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:48 PM

It is a good idea and I have partially done it. I am trying to connect this to an actionable personalized nutrition & supplementation plan, integrating nutrigenomics (incl. nutrigenetics, nutritional epigenetics, nutritional transcriptomic) with proteomics and metabolomics concepts and research. All can be overwhelmingly complex and every help in this Board is welcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genomics, predictive medicine, bioscience, life extension, genetics, dna, sequencing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users