- - - - -

New Exercise Tech & Devices

technology device emg

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

There's always some new gadgets for fitness and exercise, the latest probably being the optical heart rate monitors etc., so I thought to start a topic for such device discussion. 

I noticed something new in the local paper, a local startup is planning to start selling a small consumer muscle EMG device, measuring the muscle activation during exercise. The product itself seems to be very similar to a bluetooth heart rate belt that connects to your cell phone - you position it on a muscle and it measures the activity at that location. They quoted the first version price being something like 300-400 EUR, currently. 

xlarge-15745532.jpg

This is their site, if anyone is interested - I'm sure that there's more than one company is developing such devices at the moment, though. http://mpower-bestrong.com/index.html

There's also a second company called Myontec that has developed 'smart shorts' for EMG measurements during running / cycling. These are a bit more expensive, though, around 800 EUR for the set.

mbody.png   

Seems that EMG is the new 'Heart Rate Monitoring', and I'm guessing there's more products on the way. 

Thoughts? Other interesting tech news?

Edited by proileri, 05 January 2016 - 11:21 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: technology, device, emg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users