• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Tianeptine withdrawal hell.....wave of pure terror depression?

tianeptine stablon opiate withdrawal hell

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 sinker123

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

SWIM is going through tianeptine hell/withdrawal...

swim is  going to post more about this in the days to come but it has been far and away been the most frightening experience swim has ever had to live through..dont give swim the "its not a real opiate" line..ok...don't....I know what this is.....I  Know.....Others that have gone through opiate withdrawal this question is for you.

On day two swim noticed all of a sudden a feeling started to approach slowly and it was a feeling of pure panic, depression, hell..etc.....It was as if all the dopamine and serotonin was rippped from swims brain and all that was left was pure agony....It would be what mental hell would be.....eternity in a burning hell....torture for ever....ive never had anything like this.....thinking about it almost makes me have a panic attack......

does anyone know this feeling I am describing....why wont it go away? It must just be the loperamide hanging onto it??

#2 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

Tianeptine isn't an illegal substance.  So you're saying that after taking it twice you've somehow become addicted to it?  Or that you just had a bad reaction to it, as can happen with any substance since our brain and it's chemistry can be radically different in how we all will respond to things.

• Good Point x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

I do think Tianeptine has some potential to cause withdrawal symptoms, especially if SWIM is using large, unmeasured amounts.  Though I certainly don't think the withdrawals are anywhere near Benzos, Phenibut, or even some more typical anti-depressants. 

I've taken fairly large doses (100mg), more than three times a day on an irregular basis, and I can honestly say the biggest side effect I had was terrible constipation.

Now, to be fair to your experience, though I have had depression in the past, I would no longer categorize myself as depressed and was taking the Tianeptine as an adjunct to counseling for social anxiety issues.

• Informative x 1

#4 sinker123

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

for 3 months I was taking roughly 140mg daily..... I once withdrew from a strong opiate after stopping I went right to the front of the line...class hell.....This was actually worse.....There are stories everywhere on the internet of people having the same problem....

#5 Coffeee

• 201 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:09 AM

Give it some time for your levels to balance out, withdraw symptoms happen.

Edited by Coffeee, 16 January 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#6 rebelhead

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

yeah bro, the tianeptine withdrawl is intense. moreso than traditional opiods imo. the restless leg, anxiety, dysphoria and depression is rough. i quit 100mg of methadone a day cold turkey and imo, tianeptine withdrawls are about as bad. seems to affect more than just opiate receptors. it is short lived though, and u should be OK anyday now. buprenorphine, will pretty much stop them if u dont get better quickly. benzos will help too. loperamide should help, not hurt. it will only stop the runs though and u need a high dose.

these people that say u cant get high from tianeptine, dont have a clue. 350mg at once feels about like 20-30mg of oxycodone. it will put u into "full nod". really reminds me alot of oxy.

i hardly ever touch tianeptine, but when i do, i buy 1 gram, make 3 doses and do it up in a day or 2.  no withdrawls like that. thats the only way i will ever take it again.

Edited by rebelhead, 20 January 2016 - 04:21 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 TheLovedOne

• 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

My doctor was supplying me with 4 x 12.5 mg tablets a day (this was a few years ago) and then he forgot to order more for me in a timely manner. The withdrawal for me was TERRIBLE. I could not do anything except roll around in agony until more tianeptine was brought to me (from the doctor by a friend after the order finally came in). But it wasn't in any way that I could tell like an opiate withdrawal. No craving, no goosebumps, no tummy trouble.
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#8 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:56 AM

when you guys describe the withdrawal as hell, what do you mean exactly? i know personally i get more depressive symptoms once its over and also severe diarrhea. anyone else get the diarrhea too and being constipated while on it?

• Good Point x 1

#9 rebelhead

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:04 AM

My doctor was supplying me with 4 x 12.5 mg tablets a day (this was a few years ago) and then he forgot to order more for me in a timely manner. The withdrawal for me was TERRIBLE. I could not do anything except roll around in agony until more tianeptine was brought to me (from the doctor by a friend after the order finally came in). But it wasn't in any way that I could tell like an opiate withdrawal. No craving, no goosebumps, no tummy trouble.

wow, so taking low doses as prescribed  STILL causes withdrawl.. just think about all of the people who are taking it nowadays regularly, man they dont know whats comming.  all of the powder suppliers here in the US are running out all of the time so stopping at some point is likely inevetable for them.

• Good Point x 1

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

rebelhead not everyone is getting withdrawals or the same symptoms. stop putting scare tactics at play here. its like you are working for some organization to shit talk tianeptine. what about all the other antidepressants on the market, DID YOU KNOW all of them cause withdrawal symptoms? i bet you didnt! the only difference is, those american antidepressants dont even get you feeling good, just indifferent, BUT YET still cause shitty withdrawal and depression when stopped. now, you tell me that is cool!

• Good Point x 3
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#11 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

In addition 4x12.5mg is not the recommended dosage, which is 3x12.5 mg or 1x+2x 12.5mg ... I'm surprised a doctor would prescribe that.

#12 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

fntms its one extra pill to the usual dosage. you must be kidding me. thats the prescription dose with 1 or 2 less or more per day depending on your tolerance and weight. the actual dose to use and achieve actual satisfaction is about 100mg again depending on tolerance and weight but in general thats about right.

• Ill informed x 1

#13 rebelhead

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

rebelhead not everyone is getting withdrawals or the same symptoms. stop putting scare tactics at play here. its like you are working for some organization to shit talk tianeptine. what about all the other antidepressants on the market, DID YOU KNOW all of them cause withdrawal symptoms? i bet you didnt! the only difference is, those american antidepressants dont even get you feeling good, just indifferent, BUT YET still cause shitty withdrawal and depression when stopped. now, you tell me that is cool!

hey *ss hole, i dont work for anybody and i dont spread BS. can you read? i went to the damn methadone clinic for 3 years and took opiates for 10 years before that. i know what withdrawls feel like. i ate a gram a day of that crap for 3 weeks and did have withdrawls. bad ones, i had to take a suboxone to stop it.  i'm just telling my experience. if you dont like it, dont f*ckin read it.  i'm not anti tianeptine. i'm fixin to order a gram next week and eat the whole damn thing in a day.

you make it sound like i was pushing ssri's or some other bs pills. i dont take ANY medications and wont. i haven't been to a doctor in 20 years.  i dont need brain pills because i'm not a nutjob. i took tianeptine strictly just to get HIGH off of it.

you've done pissed me off you fuckin prick. i was just trying to help that dude.

people like you are why people like me cant be on message boards anymore. i'm not gonna put up with smart*ssed remarks out of some p*ssy. how do u like them apples? i may get banned, i hope i do. i ain't coming back anyhow. this board is FULL of dipsh1ts like you. way too many for my taste, but i'm not a queer.

go take your tianeptine and leave me the hell alone. douschebag

Edited by rebelhead, 23 January 2016 - 05:23 AM.

• Agree x 4
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • dislike x 1

#14 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

you seem like a very angry dude. i was just commenting, nothing against you buddy :s

• like x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#15 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

While I'm sure there are people who experience significant withdrawals, there are also people for whom any withdrawals,f the medication is taken in amounts close to what is normally prescribed, are minor and short lived.

Keep in mind that withdrawal is a very individual thing and there are people, I'm one, who experienced zero withdrawal from such anti-depressants as Prozac, and even Effexor.

With that in mind, I do experience withdrawals from Tianeptine, but would in no way put them in the class of withdrawals from something like Benzo's.

#16 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

fntms its one extra pill to the usual dosage. you must be kidding me. thats the prescription dose with 1 or 2 less or more per day depending on your tolerance and weight. the actual dose to use and achieve actual satisfaction is about 100mg again depending on tolerance and weight but in general thats about right.

To anyone looking for anti anxiety and anti depression the dose, backed by medical studies (with very little side effects and withdrawal) and prescribed by pdocs for 20+ years in the countries where tianeptine is used (NOT otc), is 3x12.5 mg. It is a powerful drug, no need for more. I have been taking the 3x for years for anxiety and feel over stimulated if I take more, I have no desire to do so.

Any other dose than 3x 12.5 mg is just asking for trouble imo, and for what, just to get a buzz going ? Aren't there better, safer options out there ?
  • Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#17 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:38 AM

how do you even feel at that amount if you have been taking it for years, i am sure you have build up a huge tolerance. i just cant imagine working for you at all at this point and upping the dose would seem the normal thing to do in your case. and its not that powerful, the high lasts for like 30 mins anyway. tho it can be pretty strong for those 30 mins depending on how much you took and how much tolerance you have

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#18 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

No tolerance noted, but again, I am not trying to get high, just 'normal'... Also note that the actual rx pills are ' smoother' than the powders at 12.5mg, the powder seems to come on stronger, which is not always pleasant to me. Not sure why.

#19 kagomekat

• 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

Hi.

I'm new here but I wanted to chime in because this thread seems to be all over the place.

It's been a year and maybe the OP doesn't check this or anything but I want to tell them they're not alone in feeling the Tianeptine withdrawal hell. I do believe it causes more waves of pure terror and depression.

Everyone is different - for example, others have said, they can take Tia all day every day and not feel anything when they stop (this is disregarding the whole pill/powder debate, which does seem to make a difference both in how it hits people and how easy it is to get out of control while dosing with powder). But many of those same people say it can't compare to benzo or even ssri withdrawel which for me has always been a walk in the park.

From what I've read, the more opiate experience someone has the harder something like tianeptine hits. I'm having the hardest time getting off of it now, and thought I may have blacked out the worst of getting of H and methadone, the terror and depression is an intense factor that I was not ready for.

All I have to say that's helped me is baclofen, hot baths, and xanax. It's still been hellish. 

Good luck to anyone dealing with this!

#20 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

While I'm sure there are people who experience significant withdrawals, there are also people for whom any withdrawals,f the medication is taken in amounts close to what is normally prescribed, are minor and short lived.

Keep in mind that withdrawal is a very individual thing and there are people, I'm one, who experienced zero withdrawal from such anti-depressants as Prozac, and even Effexor.

With that in mind, I do experience withdrawals from Tianeptine, but would in no way put them in the class of withdrawals from something like Benzo's.

I've experienced discontinuation syndrome from SSRI's - Sertraline (Zoloft) as well as from SNRI's - Duloxetine (cymbalta), but I have not ever, EVER felt any discontinuation or withdrawal-symptoms from Tianeptine.

In fact, in general, the medical litterature DOES NOT acknowledge any withdrawal or discontinuation-symptoms from Tianeptine - the litterature however, DOES acknowledge these symptoms in SSRI and SNRI -usage.

Tianeptine-withdrawal symptoms are VERY unusual, SUPER-unusual even!

The only trusted reports of withdrawal are from case-reports of people abusing dosages up to TEN to TWENTY times the prescribed dosages.

So please, people, don't listen too much to the people who are undergoing these effects - they're such a small minority that it's not even acknowledged by medical litterature - they must have very unusual glutamatergic and opiate systems - that's the only valid explanation.

Such people are so rare... how on EARTH are the manufaturers going to be able to account for them?? One in THREE MILLION?! Unreasonable!

This small, small problem, should not take precedent and cause unreasonable SCARE among patients and prescribers - Tianeptine is still the most efficient and SAFE antidepressant EVER deviced and released into the public, and that's a fact!

#21 sinker123

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

OP back here.... Tianeptine from powdercity caused intense physical and mental withdrawal. I almost considered suboxone...that said I was taking more than prescribed but it was the only amount that worked.....I recommend STRONGLY immodiunm aka LOPERAMIDE......I actually had to go to go withdrawal during the first week of a job and it got me through it...

#22 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

Ok, I've been talking to a number of people, including a number of Tianeptine suppliers and am now convinced there are a great number of people who are going way over the recommended 12.5 mg 3x dosage and are becoming dependent to the point of experiencing extreme withdrawals!

Again, I've used 60-120 mg 3x per day for a couple weeks at a time, my consumption usually only limited by the constipation such doses would bring, and really didn't experience anything beyond mild discomfort for a couple days-- however, I really do believe there are people very prone to Tianeptine withdrawal.  Most likely these same people have had trouble with Opiate withdrawal in the past (IMO) but none the less I'm buying addiction is a potential issue not to be scoffed at.

A shame since Tianeptine, with the exception of it's short duration, was a remarkably effective and side effect free anti-depressant for me!  In fact, I often thought if I could just find a decent time release formulation at a cost relative to the powder, I'd never come off.

I know Powder City doesn't carry it anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the internet sellers have clients purchasing such large amounts they must know the buyers are either resellers are addicted.

• Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#23 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

Tianeptine can truly be the drug from hell. I am beginning to think that it may be the single most addictive substance known to man. Go read the r/tianeptine subreddit if you want to hear the real horror stories. This stuff does more than just tickle the MOR and DOR receptors. It works on at least four other feel-good systems that I’ve been able to identify so far. Withdrawal can be excruciating. I know one person IRL, and several more online, who staunchly aver that it harder to discontinue than IV heroin or morphine. There are plenty of people out there who are using anywhere from two to TWELVE grams a day. And they simply cannot stop using it. I have personally seen a person going through withdrawal from a two-gram/day habit, and it wasn’t pretty. She looked like a person going through classic heroin withdrawal—nausea, cold chills, sweating, shaking—it was horrific. Full recovery is said to take about two months. There are vultures on eBay taking advantage of this phenomenon by charging upwards of ten dollars a gram for the stuff. One person even told me that he had once paid $50 for a single gram from a friend who was selling it. If you’ve never taken a psychoactive dose of this drug, don’t. It will reel you in like a fish and not let go.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tianeptine, stablon, opiate, withdrawal, hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users