• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Laundry

laundry

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:34 AM

Just had an "insane" idea:

Doing the laundry takes a ton of time, since the invention of the washing mashine people were able to invest this time into something else (their children, reading, sports,...) but the laundry still leaves us with sorting and ironing, and i think this could be changed.

Why not add a NFC-Chip to our clothing items, so that you could put a basket with dirty stuff infront of your washing machine and a robotic arm could do the sorting, and after everything is washed, it could be ironed and folded. How?

Just ad small, non visible (UV-light) orientation markers to the clothes, for example: one in every corner, front distinguisable from back, and let the robotic unit iron and fold them.

To make sure that your T-Shirt is not overstreched or crumpled, the NFC chip should contain informations about the exact distance between the markers.

What do you think about that?

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

Good idea. If you create it, people may buy it.

Interesting that you're bringing up the subject of the dirty laundry because I've been thinking a lot recently about how to simplify and make the laundry easier and more environmentally friendly (eg, less water, less electricity).

And so I found this thing: Drumi: The Foot Powered Washing Machine. It's for sale now: a foot-powered washing machine that uses minimal amounts of water and no electricity.

Check it: https://www.indiegog...shing-machine#/

#3 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

A941:

image.jpg

Sthira: Surely your local power station is much more efficient than you in producing energy, even if you are vegan.

Edited by Antonio2014, 22 January 2016 - 12:13 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

I think it would be a good Idea to start a movement to make this happen, to talk to the big companys which make washing machines, and those who make clothes.

Maybe we dont need them to support the idea all the way, just ad some sort of interface for the robotic sorting device.

The Clothes could be "upgraded" later to become "mashin sortable", maybe through NFC-Stickers and markers you can buy and sew in.

Who is with me?

So that we never ever have to sort and iron our T-Shirts!

#5 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

Simply build it and patent it :) before some one else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laundry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users