zyprexa and mirtazapine

zyprexa

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 freexf

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

My doctor prescribed me Mirtazapin together with 10 milligram zyprexa. will they work together? Because Zyprexa is a serotonin antagonist. I take them for a psychotic disorder. Mirtazapin should help me for depression and anxiety.

#2 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Add in venlafaxine and you'd be taking state of the art "California Rocket Fuel."

If you have non-typical, treatment resistant depression I think this combo is very intriguing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:34 AM

My doctor prescribed me Mirtazapin together with 10 milligram zyprexa. will they work together? Because Zyprexa is a serotonin antagonist. I take them for a psychotic disorder. Mirtazapin should help me for depression and anxiety.

Been on that combo for more than 3/4 years in the past. They work great together, even greater if you have a f'ed up sleep-cycle like me. Mirtazapine is a clean/effective antidepressant drug when taken with Zyprexa, once you got the right dose you wake up refreshed, energetic and helps good against depression. At least, that was the case for me until I switched from Zyprexa to Latuda, which doesn't mix well with Mirtazapine. Mirtazapine was also proven to be effective against antipsychotic induced akathisia.

#4 ectoplasm

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

This combo does make sense. As you noted, mirtazepine is excellent for anxiety + depression, and zyprexa is an atypical antidepressant. However, both drugs are fairly potent 5-HT2A antagonists, so that aspect may be redundant.

#5 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:29 PM

I was on Mirtazepine for two months - I eventually stopped taking it because I couldn't handle the somnolence.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 freexf

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for your help. I started with mirtazapine 2 days ago. it will take quite a while until I notice if it works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zyprexa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users