• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Rhodiola Rosea Prolyl Endopeptidase/Oligopeptidase inhibitor??

rhodiola rosea herbs adaptogens adapt \ogen anxiety stress hormones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:17 AM

Would peptides be elevated as a result of taking Rhodiola Rosea? Peptides being Arginine Vasopressin, implicated in anxiety and depression. Arginine Vasopressin stimulates cortisol release, even moreso than Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone. Neurotensin would be the other one, which appears to disincentivize d2 receptor effects as well as decrease dopamine concentration in Ventral Tegmental. Hence, potential side effects upon prolonged usage. 

However, altered PREP activity may be associated with ASD and various psychological diseases such as schizophrenia, mania and clinical depression. More recent studies have demonstrated that inhibition of the same enzyme actually results in alleviation of depressive symptoms.

I’ve recently bought Perfect Freeze dried Rhodiola Rosea and I want input on how I should be taking this adaptogen. I would like to work it in with my exercise regime and see if it helps fight fatigue and combat anxiety. I have taken it before, I’m just looking for the right dosage and the best way to take it.  

Edited by birthdaysuit, 01 February 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#2 birthdaysuit

• Topic Starter
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:58 AM

So generally speaking would Prolyl Endopeptidase Inhibition elevate Arginine-Vasopressin? I’m a little weary on taking Rhodiola Rosea again. I took it a year ago and my anxiety increased 10-fold on 400mg 3% Rosavins, so I stopped. A month later I took 200mg everyday for two weeks and felt pretty happy but upon cessation my anxiety increased. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rhodiola rosea, herbs, adaptogens, adapt \ogen, anxiety, stress, hormones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users