reverse brain aging with "ampakine"

bdnf neurogenesis

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

these are very recent articles on "ampakine" reversing brain aging. they are the same but somehow were published separate, regardless here there are; http://www.medicalne...ases/306003.php

http://www.medicalne...cles/305914.php

now my question, WHICH "AMPAKINE" ARE THEY EVEN TALKING ABOUT? amazing description!

#2 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

ok i found one favorable ampakine that i believe is a good try. https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Diazoxide

see, unlike the other ampakines i was checking info on, this one is long time regular used one in hospital settings! so, unlike all the newer experimental ampakines that have only been tested on animals, this in my opinion seems the safest choice. now, only if i can find it now.....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jimmy the hand

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:46 AM

There's a company called Cortex pharmaceuticals that has been working on ampakines for 20 years or more now, had trouble getting them through the FDA due to toxicity issues. But I saw an interview with the company director/chief scientist once and his comments where quite incredible, he was talking about being able to ramp up the brain to the point where a person could learn a language or a musical score in a matter of hours rather than years. Ever since I've kept an eye on the company but it's gone nowhere and hasn't brought any products to market as yet that I'm aware of.

#4 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

There's a company called Cortex pharmaceuticals that has been working on ampakines for 20 years or more now, had trouble getting them through the FDA due to toxicity issues. But I saw an interview with the company director/chief scientist once and his comments where quite incredible, he was talking about being able to ramp up the brain to the point where a person could learn a language or a musical score in a matter of hours rather than years. Ever since I've kept an eye on the company but it's gone nowhere and hasn't brought any products to market as yet that I'm aware of.

I looked at their pending applications, and several are directed to ampakines. As I suspected, they are trying to improve on aniracetam--

A prototype for a compound that selectively facilitates the AMPA receptor has been described by Ito et al., J. Physiol. 424:533-543 (1990). These authors found that the nootropic drug aniracetam (N-anisoyl-2-pyrrolidinone) increases currents mediated by brain AMPA receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes without affecting responses by .gamma.-aminobutyric acid (GABA), kainic acid (KA), or NMDA receptors. Infusion of aniracetam into slices of hippocampus was also shown to substantially increase the size of fast synaptic potentials without altering resting membrane properties. It has since been confirmed that aniracetam enhances synaptic responses at several sites in hippocampus, and that it has no effect on NMDA-receptor mediated potentials (Staubli et al., Psychobiology 18:377-381 (1990) and Xiao et al., Hip pocampus 1:373-380 (1991)). 

Aniracetam has been found to have an extremely rapid onset and washout, and can be applied repeatedly with no apparent lasting effects, which are desirable features for behaviorally-relevant drugs. Aniracetam does present several disadvantages, however... 

Cortex patent applications

• like x 1

#5 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

from what i have read ampakines are loosely based on aniracetam so it can be claimed its like a starting focal point. anyone know a thread with reports from usage of aniracetam, im begining to find this more interesting than the developing ampakines now.

• Informative x 1

#6 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

from what i have read ampakines are loosely based on aniracetam so it can be claimed its like a starting focal point. anyone know a thread with reports from usage of aniracetam, im begining to find this more interesting than the developing ampakines now.

Erowid is often good for anecdotal reports--

https://www.erowid.o...niracetam.shtml

#7 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

hmm, surprising to me, no negative experiences. well at least within normal dose range. but because of the very few reports available im still looking for more discussion on this somewhere else.

#8 Liaxo

• 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

I'm aware of Cortex, but do you know where you heard that claim? 

Edited by Liaxo, 05 February 2016 - 11:44 PM.

#9 Jimmy the hand

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:18 AM

Hi Liaxo, at the time I was living in Holland and just happened to catch the interview on their local tv, the interview was in english but it was a Dutch channel. Other than that I can't give more details sorry. Couldn't even give you the mans name.

His comments where very intriguing though.

#10 Wingless

• 107 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:58 AM

Aniracetam is an ampakine, and it's probably the most effective. Other racetams may be as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Liaxo

• 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hi Liaxo, at the time I was living in Holland and just happened to catch the interview on their local tv, the interview was in english but it was a Dutch channel. Other than that I can't give more details sorry. Couldn't even give you the mans name.

His comments where very intriguing though.

I figure he was speaking hypothetically about the various uses of the perfect ampakine - if it were to be created. If he created something like he mentioned, he would either win the Nobel Prize or keep it a total secret.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users