comprehensive review of supplements containing mycotoxins

supplements toxins

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:04 AM

very very good stuff that i have found; http://pubs.acs.org/...cs.jafc.5b02105 BUT being so new, it is locked for registration and requires money to be viewed! can someone help out with this, perhaps has free source to be checked, or just help out pay and unlock it for the rest of us? i cannot stress enough how vital this article is to ALL OF US taking supplements! the only thing i gathered from the preview is, sadly enough, milk thisle containing the most mycotoxins from all tested supplements....

• WellResearched x 1

#2 nubiensunset

• 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

Link did not work for me.

Do you think Jarrow's milk thistle would fall under this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

i guess this links better; https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26168136

and i have no idea which type contains the most mycotoxin, unless i have the ability to view the whole article somehow. but i doubt they will list brands, just generic names i think. maybe its related to bulk milk thistle? but a lot of companies buy their bulk and capsule it from give or take the same source hardly using various sources. like vitamin c is predominatly brought as bulk from maybe 1 or 2 chinese companies and thats it.

• Well Written x 1

#4 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

Here you go:

http://pubs.acs.org....cs.jafc.5b02105

Next time you need a full study try this:

http://sci-hub.io/

• Informative x 1

#5 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

thanks thats very nice of you aconita! i had trouble viewing the url on the 5th try finally i got around it! hopefuly it dosnt do this again damn

Edited by normalizing, 07 February 2016 - 06:51 PM.

• Agree x 1

#6 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

Several times over the past couple of months I have gone to bed and began itching like crazy from head to toe. I don't mean run of the mill allergic reaction hives either as every inch of my skin was red and itchy. It would take 100mg benadryl to provide relief. I blamed the dog bringing in something from outside, the room not being clean enough (which is absurd because my wife is, laundry detergent, dust mites, etc. etc. Really, I was just throwing crap at the wall hoping something would stick.

This makes me wonder now if the last bottle of NOW Silymarin was contaminated. I generally take it before going to bed.

#7 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

it does sound like mycotoxic reaction but i doubt few caps from milk thistle before bed will do. assuming maybe you take a whole range of supplements during the day that bring this at the end of the day

• like x 1

#8 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

Well I do have a confirmed severe reaction to mold from allergy testing. Hmm

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

Whats the best way for preventing mycotoxins formation in powder supplements?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users