l-dopa smoking quit dopamine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Rian

• 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

Good Evening Everyone.

I have been trying to quit smoking without success.  I have changed my diet, started exercising, trying to get good sleep, and I have been using a nicotine vaporizer and gum (not at same time).  I make it a day or two and then I just cave in and smoke.  I really want to quit and I know I can if I keep on trying.  I bought some L-Dopa that was one sale at my local vitamin store.. It was more of an impulse buy since I remembered reading something on L-Dopa being used to help quit smoking.

I have googled my heart out on this topic but I thought I would ask the Longecity crowd to get their opinions.

Any info, help, advice, or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I take several other supplements and vitamins.  I am diagnosed ADHD and have been on Vyvanse the last few months ( I think it actually makes me want to smoke MORE rather than less...).  I am trying to slowly cut my dose down because I do not want to be on it anymore.  My doctor knows I am slowly cutting my dose over the next month.

Thank you!!!

#2 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

you need to fix the reason for smoking, which is most likely either hypothyroidism or depression

if you can last 3 - 12 months of no smoking then you will improve substantially

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:10 AM

I should have mentioned that the extract is Mucuna Pruriens. And to the poster above.. Yes, that is what I am trying to do.. I do have depression, not hypothyroidism. 

Has anyone quit smoking using any kind of supplements or medications??  I would really like to hear from you.

#4 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

Try lobelia inflata. It basically directly neutralises physical nicotine addiction by upregulating VMAT amongst other things.

Also, NMDA antagonists will help to mitigate the neurochemical process of addiction. Eg zinc, magnesium, Theanine, agmatine, memantine (provides strong long lasting cognition boost also which ameliorates the negative action of nicotine aka alpha 7 receptor down regulation)

If you can get hold of it, Iboga is the most efficient of all methods for breaking addictions. It is unique and powerful enough to get heroin addicts to stop using heroin!

Other potentially beneficial substances for you:

- Vitamin E (lowers prolactin by activating dopamine)
- Adaptogens (eg Rhodiola etc)
- Sunflower (not soy!) lecithin - great source of phospholipids)
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:07 AM

Have you tried Champix and the other prescription meds?

What about E-Cigs? Im still smoking but have cut it down to half with the ecigs. What I found was that smoking a ciggarette flavoured ecig was useless and just made me want to smoke more.. try a candy flavoured ecig juice. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l-dopa, smoking, quit, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users