PARKIN = Mitochondrial quality control

parkin mitochondria quality control

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:39 PM

It seems that PARKIN selectively binds to damaged mitochondria only,completely removing them.

Personally, I can't help thinking that occasional Nilotinib use may be most benificial as a means of mitochondrial quality control when using mitochondrial protectors like C60oo.

I am currently off of C60oo in anticipation of taking a dose, followed by C60oo again about 8-24? hours later.

Thoughts?

PINK1- and Parkin-mediated mitophagy at a glance

Mitophagy is the selective engulfment of mitochondria by autophagosomes and their subsequent catabolism by lysosomes (see Poster). Starvation induces a less-selective form of autophagy in which cytosol and a variety of organelles are engulfed into autophagosomes, which leads to their degradation in order to supply nutrients to compensate for the loss of external supplies. It was initially found that mitochondria are selectively engulfed by autophagosomes following a loss in membrane potential (Lemasters et al., 1998), suggesting that mitophagy mediates selective removal of damaged mitochondria. This idea has been supported by recent knockout mouse models, where loss-of-function of ATG7, which functions in the autophagy pathway, results in an accumulation of defective mitochondria in certain tissues (Komatsu et al., 2005; Wu et al., 2009). Among the first events in quality control by mitophagy is the distinction between damaged mitochondria and healthy mitochondria. Following their identification by PINK1, defective mitochondria are engulfed in double-membraned autophagosomes that fuse with lysosomes, thereby merging their contents and allowing hydrolytic degradation (reviewed by Kim et al., 2007). In addition to quality control, mitophagy occurs to regulate mitochondrial number (Zhang et al., 2009b) and eliminate mitochondria during the development of specialized cells or tissues such as reticulocytes (Kundu et al., 2008; Mortensen et al., 2010; Zhang et al., 2009a). Overexpression of Parkin has been found to induce the complete removal of mitochondria from cells by mitophagy when mitochondria lose their membrane potential (Narendra et al., 2008). As Parkin has also been found to selectively bind only to damaged mitochondria it has been suggested that Parkin might mediate a quality control pathway of mitophagy.

F1.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carous

http://jcs.biologist...ntent/125/4/795

Here's a summary of the group buy for those that agree with me and may be interested:
http://www.longecity...1-month-supply/

Edited by Logic, 15 March 2016 - 09:56 PM.

• Informative x 2

#2 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

Group Buy Target reached!

People who have paid:

• resveratrol_guy 100g
  • LongLife 100g
  • Der Springende Punkt 20g
  • noot_in_the_sky 58g
  • Logic 30g
  • rikelme 10g
  • ceridwen 77g
  • Alex_G 30 g
  • 'other buyer' 200g (wants to remain anonymous)

Total: 625 grams
That means that we have reached our target.  Thx everyone!   :)
I will be ordering the Nilotinib on Mon, Mar 21 at 0H00 GMT.
(That's at 8pm Sunday night in New York)
Any funds received after this time will have to wait for the next Nilotinib group buy.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 trying2survive

• 51 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

hi Logic, this recent article http://www.technolog...ck-aging-clock/

makes me interested in learning more about Nilotinib...

Any anecdotal evidence from y'all's experimenting?

• like x 1

#4 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Nothing in the mitochondrial quality control side of things but there are a good few 'reports' from 'R&D' for various dementias and a good number of 'researchers' buying for a 2nd time...

Due to IP concerns many are loth to post...

The picture that seems to be forming is that N works for classic PD, but not so much for ALS etc.
Also most research seems to be trending toward doses in the 100 mg range being most effective with the least side effect issues in the longer term.

I took a dose and didn't notice much of anything I couldn't put down to placebo and the anticipation of an overseas trip.
I felt pretty energetic after and note that other people have reported the same after an initial dose.
The C60oo seemed to have the same effect it normally has, but was taken a good month after the N due to the SA Post Office taking its sweet time as only Africa can.  At least it arrived.

I will try again, with closer spacing, after the festive season.

#5 trying2survive

• 51 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

Hey Logic, thx for the update. If y'all do another group buy, pls pencil me in...

• Off-Topic x 1

#6 trying2survive

• 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

This may be a dumb question. But, why not take the Parkin protein instead? (other than it appears expensive) 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parkin, mitochondria, quality control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users