piracetam choline alcar food stomach

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mochaman

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

Hello all,

I'm new to Racetams and I have Piracetam, Choline and Alcar but i'm unsure if I just take these all together or separately ?

Also are you supposed to take on an empty stomach, with food or before food ? 

Sorry for the noob questions, just want to make sure I can make all of this work properly. 

Thank you for all the help 

#2 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

In my personal experience, I prefer to take the choline source before in the day rather that at the same time. 

But, no matter what, Piracetam only works on me the first day, the effects always wears off after that, same thing with Sulbutiamine. I find ALCAR or CDP better nootropics on its own than Piracetam or even Noopept.

Noopept works well 1 of 10 times, 9 of 10 just erase my memory. But, at least, increase my sense of smell in a pleasant way. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ovi

• 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

It doesn't matter. I've noticed it takes a couple of days after I stop talking lecithin to feel the deficiency. I take both lecithin and piracetam in the morning before breakfast and I've never developed any sort of tolerance.

Edited by Ovi, 20 March 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#4 Wingless

• 107 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

Take 4.8g of Piracetam and about 700mg of ALCAR. If you get headaches, then take about 1 gram of choline (do you have bitartrate or what?). Next time try taking 4.8g Piracetam and maybe 2g of choline and see if you notice any difference. But I've always taken it in the dosages I recommended, this was after playing around with them for a long time.

In my experience choline isn't terribly necessary, after all it is found in our diets.

It also helps to be to take fish oil. Make sure you're well-rested and have a healthy high-protein diet if you want to get the most out of it.

Edited by Wingless, 20 March 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#5 mochaman

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:37 AM

hey everyone 

I"m still really confused if I have to take Piracetam with Choline or if I take Choline before the Piracetam etc. 

Looking for any help please 

#6 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

hey everyone

I"m still really confused if I have to take Piracetam with Choline or if I take Choline before the Piracetam etc.

Its better to take Choline before Piracetam

#7 mochaman

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

hey everyone

How long before should you take it ?

#8 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

hey everyone

2 to 3 hrs before Piracetam in average

#9 mochaman

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:10 AM

hey everyone

2 to 3 hrs before Piracetam in average

Thanks for the help ! 
Do you take it with food ? 

So say take Piracetam when I wake up

2 - 3 hours later Choline 

2 hours later piracetam 
2 - 3 hours later  Choline etc ? 

#10 Cory

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:56 AM

I  take Pramiracetam which is 10-30 times as potent. Piracetam and Pramiracetam are fat soluble. I will usually take 500 mg of Pram and 500 mg of a Choline source. To make sure it gets absorbed properly in the intestine, i will take it with MCT oil or extra virgin olive oil. I have no issues in taking this at the same time.  It doesn't matter if you take just the oil with a drink and the PIR, or with food. What matters is the rate of absorption and your goals for efficacy. If you take just Piracetam and get a headache, you need o supplement with choline. If you get a headache on Piracetam  with choline, then you may need more choline or less Piracetam depending on the dosages. However, it is paramount that a choline source is attained from either food or supplementation. 

Edited by Cory, 05 June 2016 - 12:58 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#11 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

yeah, 2hrs before and after is fine

I  take Pramiracetam which is 10-30 times as potent.

Have_a_cookie.jpg

Edited by gamesguru, 05 June 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#12 Cory

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:42 AM

yeah, 2hrs before and after is fine

I  take Pramiracetam which is 10-30 times as potent.

Have_a_cookie.jpg

Hah, i suppose my intent was to say that if i can take Pram with the suggested cofactor and experience no issues, then the OP should be just fine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

Some of us find that choline supplementation causes a headache, rather than the opposite. So it's good not to automatically assume that any headache you experience is due to a lack of choline. It could be the opposite.

Experiment to find out.

Personally, I found that ALCAR and piracetam worked fine together for me, but when I added choline supplementation (above my normal diet) I got headaches and a really stiff neck. Just eating a couple of boiled eggs every day seemed to take care of my choline needs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, choline, alcar, food, stomach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users