- - - - -

do brains think normally when cooled

brain cns nootropic research

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

I was thinking about ways to create artificial consciousness when it occured to me to wonder if the human CNS if voluntarily cooled a few degrees C would still be functional.  think out it, all the proteins would motionize less, while all the ions would mostly be 99/100 as physical chemistry motional.  So a benefit or non benefit that ocurred from cooling could be attributed to protein motion as compared with neurotransmitter travel or ion activity

we could imagine

caffeine: effects epinepherine receptors

at cool brain: fewer effects because receptors as less flexible

yet what if it were equieffective? that would suggest new mechanisms of nootropic functionality.

the thought occurrred because a person at yahoo answers was womdering about artificial consciousness I replied words like

so, a group of sentient humans (cheerleaders) can do a macroscopic computation.  Now, if you have a human, made with neurons, then quantum link all the outer membranes of the neurons with photons to other neurons such that the neurons function identically as if they were physically proximal then you have  have a computer human hybrid who will continually state that it remains conscious while the procedure is occurring.  Although it could of course say something like " with photonic equivalents of those ion channels I nap!"  Then just swap out more cytoplasm atoms with photonic comonents.  the eignenvalue will always say it has consciousness, eventually you have a carbonless entity that does exactly what a human would do, with vastly greater software capabilitities

The thing is though, what if it does not work?  what if quantum linking the outer membranes of the neurons is less than sufficient to cause equivalency,  then that as yet nondescribed thing is a physical science component of consciousness. with further study it could be described as well as technologized.

so the thing is that the cooled version of those ion channels that cause the hybrid to say it "naps" could find physical chemistry areas with sentience meaning.

I think there are paranormal efffects, thus I do not know.

Edited by treonsverdery, 11 April 2016 - 08:28 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 bigyellowlemon

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

You are a very creative thinker. I like your style.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Propagandist

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

yeah what if u keep your heads temperature say bit coller? Have sort of hat that analizes your temperature and other stuff and adjust temp accordingly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain, cns, nootropic, research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users