LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Racetams & Stimulants

adderall racetams aniracetam dextroamphetamin amphetamine stimulants piracetam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you experienced any of these RACETAM w/ STIMULANT combos? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Experienced Combinations?

1. ADDERALL w/ ANIRACETAM (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. ADDERALL w/ PIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. ADDERALL w/ PHENYLPIRACETAM (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

4. ADDERALL w/ OXIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

5. DEXTROAMPHETAMINE w/ ANIRACETAM (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

6. DEXTROAMPHETAMINE w/ PIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

7. DEXTROAMPHETAMINE w/ PHENYLPIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DEXTROAMPHETAMINE w/ OXIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

9. METHYLPHENIDATE w/ ANIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

10. METHYLPHENIDATE w/ PIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

11. METHYLPHENIDATE w/ PHENYLPIRRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

12. METHYLPHENIDATE w/ OXIRACETAM (0 votes [0.00%])

13. OTHER STIMULANT w/ OTHER RACETAM (write in below) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:46 AM

My curiosity has me wanting to attempt to combine a RACETAM and STIMULANT

(adderall in my case) can they augment each other favorably?

1. Would it be beneficial to stack/combined any of the racetams with a prescribed stimulant or nootropic stimulant;

to produce a synergetic effect?

2. What would be the advantages,

Pharmacologically/psychologically/Neurologically speaking? 

3. Would it be disadvantageous,

ie. produce unwanted side effects? 

PLEASE DISCUSS... :|?

Edited by Mr. Psychillogical, 12 April 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Aniracetam enhances cortical dopamine and serotonin release via cholinergic and glutamatergic mechanisms in SHRSP.
Erratum in
  • Brain Res 2002 Feb 1;926(1-2):197.
Abstract

Aniracetam, a cognition enhancer, has been recently found to preferentially increase extracellular levels of dopamine (DA) and serotonin (5-HT) in the prefrontal cortex (PFC), basolateral amygdala and dorsal hippocampus of the mesocorticolimbic system in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats. In the present study, we aimed to identify actually active substances among aniracetam and its major metabolites and to clarify the mode of action in DA and 5-HT release in the PFC. Local perfusion of mecamylamine, a nicotinic acetylcholine (nACh) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist, into the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and dorsal raphe nucleus (DRN) completely blocked DA and 5-HT release, respectively, in the PFC elicited by orally administered aniracetam. The effects of aniracetam were mimicked by local perfusion of N-anisoyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid [corrected] (N-anisoyl-GABA), one of the major metabolites of aniracetam, into the VTA and DRN. The cortical DA release induced by N-anisoyl-GABA applied to the VTA was also completely abolished by co-perfusion of mecamylamine. Additionally, when p-anisic acid, another metabolite of aniracetam, and N-anisoyl-GABA were locally perfused into the PFC, they induced DA and 5-HT release in the same region, respectively. These results indicate that aniracetam enhances DA and 5-HT release by mainly mediating the action of N-anisoyl-GABA that targets not only somatodendritic nACh and NMDA receptors but also presynaptic nACh receptors.

Antidepressant-like effects of aniracetam in aged rats and its mode of action.
Abstract
RATIONALE:

Aniracetam has been reported to be efficacious for treating poststroke depression, but no studies that basically examined the antidepressive effects have been made.

OBJECTIVE:

We aimed to test the antidepressant-like property of aniracetam in rats and to clarify the mechanisms of action through the interaction studies with some receptor antagonists.

METHODS:

Antidepressant-like effects of aniracetam and various classes of compounds including different antidepressants were examined in a forced swim test with young (9 weeks old) and aged (25-30 months old) rats. Rats were exposed to a 5-min swim in a test session on day 2 following a 15-min swim in a training session on day 1, and immobility time during the period on day 2 was measured. The test compounds were administered subacutely (three doses over 2 days) or acutely (0.5 h before the testing).

RESULTS:

Standard antidepressants except for tandospirone significantly reduced immobility time in both young and aged rats. Aniracetam (10-100 mg/kg PO) failed to decrease immobility time in young rats, but it (100 mg/kg PO) significantly shortened immobility in aged rats, the effects of which were mainly mimicked by combined treatment of the metabolites, 2-pyrrolidinone and N-anisoyl-GABA. The effects of aniracetam was reversed completely by mecamylamine (10 mg/kg IP) or haloperidol (0.1 mg/kg IP) and slightly by ketanserin (1 m/kg IP) but was potentiated by scopolamine (0.03 mg/kg IP).

CONCLUSIONS:

These results indicate that aniracetam acts more effective when the forced swim stress-induced immobility is accompanied with brain dysfunction that occurs with aging. The antidepressant-like activity of aniracetam, which is probably due to the combined effects of 2-pyrrolidinone and N-anisoyl-GABA, may be mediated by mainly facilitating dopaminergic transmission (dopamine release and dopamine D2 receptor activation) through nicotinic acetylcholine receptor stimulation.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Doc Psychoillogical

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:29 AM

I KNOW THERE IS A LARGE DEBATE ABOUT USING RACETAMS WITH AMPHETAMINES, BY INCREASING AMP'S NEUROTOXICITY...

Eur J Pharmacol. 1995 Mar 14;275(3):311-4.
N-methyl-D-aspartate neurotoxicity in hippocampal slices: protection by aniracetam.
Abstract

Aniracetam, a drug known to elicit cognition enhancing properties in both animals and humans, was found to counteract the neurotoxicity induced by excitatory amino acids in primary cultures of cerebellar neurons. We report here that aniracetam prevents the neurotoxic effect induced by N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) in rat hippocampal slices. Time-course experiments showed that the aniracetam-induced neuroprotection does not require preincubation of the slices with the drug. Maximal effective concentration of aniracetam was 10 microM. Since the NMDA-mediated cell death in hippocampal slices is considered a valuable experimental model of ischemia, these results suggest a possible novel therapeutic application for aniracetam.

#4 Doc Psychoillogical

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:31 AM

NEW ANIRACETAM RESEARCH REVEALS THE BEST ANIRACETAM DOSAGE FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY
How much do you think is spent on an average annually on stress-related healthcare in the United States? 100 million? 500 million? A billion? The correct figure is a whopping $190B! This is the price we pay for the current pace of our lives. Everything needs to be done quicker and better or we end up clearing our desk by the end of our shift.

Stress causes a lot of problems that manifest themselves physically and mentally within yourself. Risks of heart diseases and nervous breakdowns multiply when a person is stressed out. Anxiety is another contributing factor to the problem. We are all anxious about something that is about to happen tomorrow. Be it for that important appraisal meeting or that presentation you are about to give at your office.

MY COURSE OF ACTION
Well, I decided to do something about it. Since I didn’t want to just survive each day, and wanted to live it to the fullest, I opted for nootropics to give me that something extra. I’ve spoken to many people and they have positive and negative effects to talk about, so I thought I might as well go ahead with it and document this while I’m at it. planning

While searching for the ideal drug to take for my overactive brain, I stumbled upon this thing called Aniracetam. Would this be the solution to my problems of sleepless nights, ceaselessly pondering over nothing in particular? I hoped so.

Aniracetam?
I read that Aniracetam is a nootropic from the racetam family that was supposed to prevent anxiety attacks and make my mind respond better. It also said that all the clutter from my mind would lessen leaving it clear to process the immediate task at hand without overburdening myself. I chanced on another nootropic, Piracetam. But since Aniracetam was more potent, I only needed to consume less and hence prevent harmful side effects from overdosing.

I found online that they were sold in capsule and powder forms. Since I’m kind of a do-it-yourself person, I decided to go with the powder. Plus, it could be purer and hence more beneficial, I reasoned to myself. So I went online and bought 100 grams of the stuff to start off with. It was neatly packed in a sachet and had the amount in grams printed clearly on the front.

promote formation of new synapses, exhibit neuroprotection towards artificially-induced amnesia, and enhance synaptic plasticity.

I went ahead with Aniracetam because there are several credible researches that outline its benefits while carefully separating placebo effects. The fact that it was also cheaper than comparative drugs offering the same or lesser effects, helped me make my decision.

How to dose
My dosages could vary from 750-1500mg, although, I was advised to keep it greater than 1000 for optimum effect and less than 1500 because of diminished gains over a period of time as well as the risk of increased side effects. Also, and this is very important, since this was fat-soluble ( and extremely hydrophobic), I needed to take it with some cod-liver oil capsule, almonds, or mix it with milk or something else which had fat in it.

I read many conflicting theories about this which confused me. Some people mixed it with milk, some even put it on salads or fruits and others took it directly from the spoon. I decided I would try it straight and then maybe eat something just after.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

I very much like taking aniracetam with adderall.  It helps smooth out the adderall by taking away the edginess I can feel when I take it.  It also helps keep me social after taking the adderall.  Adderall alone can make me not want to talk to people, but aniracetam fixes that for me.  

The relaxation I experience from aniracetam is much like smoking a cigarette.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adderall, racetams, aniracetam, dextroamphetamin, amphetamine, stimulants, piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users