• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why does noopept cause me to lose my fluidity?

nootropic questions nootropic noopept fluidity side-effects nootropic side effects

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zakariah

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:25 AM

Hey everyone,

I took noopept for about a year (with a 2 month break 1/2 way in to test for dependency) and I had gotten great results from it.

When I began taking it both times, and now the third time, the first week - 2 weeks I get a bunch of "the words on the tip of my tongue" moments. These moments never happen to me any other time but the first week to 2 weeks of beginning noopept.

Can anyone explain why this might happen?

Thanks very much!

#2 VerbaEtVoces

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

This is actually very interesting, as I have noticed the same phenomenon when taking Noopept.  I typically have no trouble finding words, or in the rare instances I do, being able to work around the problem.  Occasionally, if the word is a bit more esoteric, I may have to think "Oh, what's the word? Ummm..." and then I can usually hone in on it.  When taking Noopept, however, there were multiple instances where I would be thinking and then it felt like I had arrived at a lingual cliff.  I would go from thinking "Oh, what's the word?" initially to something more like "Does the word I think I'm looking for even exist?" Typically, I can sort of triangulate a "tip-of-the-tongue" word by pulling up related words and concepts until one or a collection of them triggers the target.  On Noopept, I was unable to do this, and despite other benefits I derived from Noopept, this was a very anxious situation for me.  The anxiety arose from the level of "unknowability" in the situation. Since I am usually, upon encountering information or attempting to produce it, aware of what I know, don't know now but have known at some point (and am thus familiar with), and have never known, I am able to steer words and thoughts through the proper channels to arrive at the conclusion I desire while also noting things that I may like to learn or consider later.  The "tip-of-the-tongue" instances on Noopept don't fit in those three categories.  They are like looking at an epistemological void: not knowing the target, and also not knowing whether I know or have ever known the target.  This is the reason I have stopped taking Noopept during the first couple of weeks several times.  

Do you find that the phenomenon goes away after some time?  How often do they typically occur?  Are you able to work around them to arrive at the target? I find it very interesting that Noopept appears to affect lexicon retrieval, at least in some individuals (n = 2, at least until I begin digging through the forum for other accounts), as in most theories, speech production lies within a sort of a modular network of brain systems that interacts with but is not entirely subsumed by other forms of memory.  Do you experience any analogous situations in other forms of memory?  A "tip-of-the-brain" feeling for autobiographical events or concepts?  Faces/names?  

At the moment, I can't say why this might be happening. For one, we don't entirely understand lexicon retrieval, nor do we know exactly what Noopept is doing.  However, I'll do a bit of research when I have time, and will let you know if I come up with a theory that holds water.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Hey VerbaEtVocas,

I'm happy that I'm not the only one this is happening to!!

To answer your question, this does occur with me every single time I begin taking noopept (as you said it does with you) but after about 1 and a 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks it completely subsides.

Noopept and piracetam together (because I never took one for a long time without the other so i'm not completely sure which or if it's the synergies of the two) have incredibly effected my life... Before taking those two nootropics, I would have a hard time concentrating on the teacher in class (I wouldn't have the focus to analyze the words that were coming out of their mouth)... I wouldn't be able to memorize anything, I'd have a really hard time tagging memories with memory queues and maintaining that thread in my mind (like synonyms to remember something, or rhyming a word with another to remember it, or using episodic steps to remember something) .. I knew all of the tricks but my mind wouldn't buy into them... I would have horrible conversational fluidity.. My mind would go absolutely blank when talking with people (I wouldn't know where to go next in the conversation - not out of anxiety, but out of loss of thought) and I wouldn't be able to be witty back to someone that was witty with me (someone throws me a joke, I wouldn't be able to reciprocate).

Among those things, the noopept and piracetam has COMPLETELY fixed my mind. I mean, I have been off of it for about 1/2 a year now and my mind has been REVAMPED.

Beyond the scope of those unimaginable benefits, it gets even more crazy and I believe that this one in particular connects to the problems we both face with noopept in the beginning stage:

I find myself continuously thinking out of the box now, connecting previous thoughts, ideas, concepts, and past/current creativity with situations I find myself currently in. For example, if I'm learning something in class I find myself thinking beyond the scope of the concept that was presented or I find myself thinking about how that concept allows me to view different circumstances.

I strongly believe that Noopept re-wires the brain in the sense that it forces different areas to connect with one another more-so than it ever normally did... As it is indicated in many places that Noopept increases NGF and BDNF:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19240853

"Mechanistically, single doses of noopept at 0.5mg/kg (as well as 28 days of chronic dosing at the same dose) noted increases in both NGF and BDNF mRNA concentrations in the rat hippocampus, with a greater relative increase in NGF and no apparent tolerance developing over 28 days. - https://examine.com/...ements/noopept/

I believe that Noopept is creating new links between areas of the brains that aren't normally as connected.

An interesting thought to weigh in on the beginning "tip of the tongue".. My first experience that I took the noopept and persisted through that phase, I looked back and thought of it as a phase were my mind was pushing itself to reach new and stronger vocabulary for the things I was currently thinking about... Almost like you do when you are writing an essay in middle / high school, when you give yourself a pause before coming up with the word that most effectively delivers what you're trying to emphasize.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic questions, nootropic, noopept, fluidity, side-effects, nootropic side effects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users