Supplement to reduce post binge drinking hungover

alcoholnac n-acetylcysteine acetylcysteine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VeganCyborg

• 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hi,

some times ago I discovered NAC (N-Acetylcysteine), wonderful drug.

I take 600mg 30 minutes before drinking and then 600mg every 2h, it's not unusual for me to go up to 3.6g of NAC per night of drinking.

The effect on hungover are amazing, in fact I won't drink without it anymore.
I tried reducing the time betwen each dose to 1h but the 3 times I did that I had a really sore throat, I felt like if I had something stuck

in it for 2-4 days.

Do you know any other drug that would be helpfull? (those should not reduce the 'drunkness' feeling)

We are talking about drinking around 10-12 pint of 5-8% beer.

I heard about DHM, dihydromyricetin, this is against the glutamate rebound.

1.2g should be taken before sleep, the DHM will supress the 'drunkness' feeling

and reduce the glutamate rebound (Waking up after 4-5h of sleep being unable to fall back to sleep and increase anxiety during the day).

But I never actually tried it.

I also read study that showed that NAC used with vitamin B1 and C had a even more protective

effect on the liver, however after 4 trial (on me) I felt each time that the hungover was worse than

with just NAC; so I went back to NAC (might be better for the liver tho).

Thanks.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

LEF Anti-Alcohol Antioxidants has NAC and other helpful ingredients, take a look. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Restoring electrolytes the morning after really helps.  Tomato juice = potassium (and sodium).  Don't know of any other palatable way to get potassium, as potassium supplements are hard on the stomach. 

SAM-e (S-adenosylmethionine) aka AdoMet and PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine) aka Essentiale Forte, both before and after a big night out is also quite helpful.  PPC/Essentiale Forte is particularly good for the stomach and liver.  

IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) taken late in the evening (at least a couple of hours after eating) also makes for a happier sunrise.  

Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcoholnac, n-acetylcysteine, acetylcysteine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users