• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to handle the rash from Wellbutrin or should it be discontinued instantly?

wellbutrin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 us3yournam3

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:00 AM

Is this a predictable reaction, i.e. an interaction with some kind of food (sugar, milk,etc.) or with caffeine maybe? What is the mechanism of action, how do some people not get it and some get a severe one, this can't be purely idiosyncratic or can it?

#2 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:38 AM

there have been cases of stevens-johnson with wellbutrin.   What kind of rash?   

if it is anything like this, stop it immediately and see your doc

http://www.mayoclini...on/con-20029623

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

Do you also have bad allergies?  I also got a bad rash from wellbutrin (bupropion).  I even tried 2 different generics.  Both caused bad rashes by the second day and steadily got worse until I stopped taking it.  When I posed the same question on here, the best answer I got (that also made the most sense to me) was that it was drastically increasing my histamine levels.  This made sense as I was able to reduce the rash some by taking an antihistamine.  However, even 20 mg of zyrtec wasn't enough to make it go away completely.

Edited by stan08, 03 May 2016 - 05:11 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 us3yournam3

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

Yeah you are absolutey right, I figured it out in the meantime. Still thanks for the concern :-p. If you find a proper dopamine solution let me know :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wellbutrin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users