* * * - - 2 votes

Citizen science and the smart phone and tablet computer

tablet computing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:50 AM

Programs EteRNA, Fold at Home etc. which utilize human problem solving skills have helped us to advance in certain fields, but these programs are still only for PC while a lot of casual gamers, people we normally would not consider as gamers, nor would the industry cionsider them as such, use tablets and smart phones for short games, a few minutes of fun inbetween waiting in a doctors office etc.

Why dont we create a website where we help each other, and other people with the creation of such software for tablet computer and smart phones to harvest the brain power of the casual gamers out there.

There are millions of them who play games which are not very sophisticated, so why not give them something better that has more meaning than moving birds inbetween pillars?

• Agree x 2

#2 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

Good idea.

You just need to throw in the right words to make the right people interested.
Non profit. Free source. Cure ALS. etc.

Basically try to get college students, the linux commie-unity, githubbers and so on interested and they'll probably do it.

Possibly try reaching out to universities as well.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

Do I read a bit of sarcasm in your last post? ;-D

I will do as you said, but I think I would need to rise an Army* to do it in an effective way.

Anyone here interested in conquering the secrets of life itself, discover amazing knowledge, and march onward to glory?

*A handfull of People will do, Iam not going to fight the Mongol Horde

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tablet, computing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users