• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

If I was going to die from low dopamine is there any way that I could live on levodopa or amineptine or something to tha

dopamine levodopa amineptine

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 richards2324

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

If I was going to die from low dopamine is there any way that I could live on levodopa or amineptine or something to that affect? Or would a dri not work if you literally had no dopamine left to reuptake? and levodopa might go to the wrong part of the brain?

#2 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

An MAOB inhibitor would increase dopamine levels.

Also, a healthy thriving gut bacteria population produce many neurotransmitters.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 richards2324

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

An MAOB inhibitor would increase dopamine levels.

Also, a healthy thriving gut bacteria population produce many neurotransmitters.

you think an maob inhibitor would work better than a reuptake inhibitor if you had minimal dopamine to work on? I've already tried probiotics.

#4 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

AFAIK, MAOBi would help to minimise loss of NT's including dopamine.

A DRI might help in the short-term but could cause dopamine receptor down regulation in the long term, the same issue occurs with longterm use of SSRI drugs.

Try soil based probiotics, as well as a diet which provides them with fermentable food.

Did you try fermented drinks and foods?

Regarding dopamine precursors, have you tried increasing manganese (Mn) intake? Cloves contain high amounts.

Edited by sativa, 13 May 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#5 richards2324

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

AFAIK, MAOBi would help to minimise loss of NT's including dopamine.

A DRI might help in the short-term but could cause dopamine receptor down regulation in the long term, the same issue occurs with longterm use of SSRI drugs.

Try soil based probiotics, as well as a diet which provides them with fermentable food.

Did you try fermented drinks and foods?

Regarding dopamine precursors, have you tried increasing manganese (Mn) intake? Cloves contain high amounts.

I tired Kombucha when I was on a health/supplement kick before i stumbled up pharmaceuticals it never did much.  There aren't many good MAOI B's to try like selegiline and rasogiline what others are there? I recently stumbled into wild green oat extract although I don't know if it would work as a lot of natural stuff doesn't. I've ran into pages with 100's of natural MAOI B's but I don't know if they would work it would take a lot of time to try all that and right now time is not on my side

#6 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

Personally I use microdosed Syrian rue as an MAOBi but this isn't for everyone as it has other properties.

#7 richards2324

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:44 AM

how long does it take syrian rue to kick in? it's also a mao-A inhibitor right? i tried it for a day or 2 and gave up as people on shroomery.org said they could feel it right away but thinking about it now seems unreasonable as it takes awhile for mao inhibitors to build up in the body

did you notice a good dopamine boost with it??

#8 oolongmonkey

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:59 AM

how long does it take syrian rue to kick in? it's also a mao-A inhibitor right? i tried it for a day or 2 and gave up as people on shroomery.org said they could feel it right away but thinking about it now seems unreasonable as it takes awhile for mao inhibitors to build up in the body

did you notice a good dopamine boost with it??

I would also like to know the answer to this

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

Syrian Rue contains reversible inhibitors of MAO-A, which could give some dopamine boost, but wouldn't be as selective for dopamine as MAO-B inhibitors like selegiline and rasagiline.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, levodopa, amineptine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users