• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Imported Absinthe to upregulate GABA for Phenibut tolerence/ discontinuation syndrome

phenibut nootropics gaba

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Addiction is a myth

• 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Phenibut is a GABA agonist and Thujune is a GABA antagonist, so would Absinthe up-regulate (or is it down-regulate?) GABA.

Sense I started using phenibut I have not drank as the recommendation is to not combine alcohol nor do I have the desire to drink and I don't really care for alcohol anymore but I am considering ordering some for this experiment.

Am I on the right track with this one?

Absinthe, especially the "real" stuff has a unique psychoactive effect that is completely different from that of normal drunkenness. You can drink fairly large amounts and maintain a lucid, clearheaded state of awareness and it seems to provoke one to have philosophical and emotional conversations. I've also noticed a "time travel effect" where you start drinking with friends at 6 pm and suddenly it's 4 in the morning. It has almost a stimulant effect, not like adhd medication but hou can put a huge dent in the bottle and not pass out. It can make you cathartic and cry. It has a strange almost pleasant hangover if you could call it that. It is said to be a convulsant and I have experienced psychogenic seizures on the morning after consumption along with a heavy feeling in my body that I cannot describe, not exactly tremors but sort of an electrical sensation but not exactly.

Wormwood is said to be hepatic protective like milk thistle and my theory is that it blocks some of the effects of alcohol allowing the secondary effects. The stuff on the internet says that the thujune in absinthe doesn't cause these effects, that it is not real but I don't believe it, Absinthe has unique effects. The afterglow seemed to "reset" something in me that lasted for weeks after consumption, maybe even provoking a mild hypo mania. The theory that the high alcohol content causes the effects is baloney, 151 rum is nothing like absinthe.

The best I have come across is Barnsfather Bitters and it has a lower alchohal content of 55% . The alleged Thujune content is 35 ppm. I am skeptical about the information about any herbal substance but I think Thujune is better studied than say ginseng.

I could be totally wrong about this theory but I might try it.

Edited by Addiction is a myth, 02 May 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#2 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

For phenibut GABAB down regulation, look into Theanine which upregulates GABAB.

I made a wormwood isopropyl alcohol extract which is psychoactive when smoked. I gather that Thujone is a GABA-A antagonist and a 5HT-3 antagonist (would take away nausea caused by alcohol)

Thanks to saulsilver for this info:

Gaba Negative Allosteric Modulators or Antagonists

-Muira Puama
-Thujone
-Bicucilline
-Picrotoxin
-Zinc
-Oroxylin A (Scutellaria baicalensis)
-Amentoflavone
-Kudzu
-ALCAR
-Trigonelline
-Caffeine
-Arecoline and Betel nut
-Dihydromyricetin extract(Hovenia dulcis) ANTI-HANGOVER also
-Strychinine (Nux Vomica)

Edited by sativa, 02 May 2016 - 03:33 PM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Addiction is a myth

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

So do you think my theory would work? I don't really like the alcohol feeling anymore but I thought this might reset my phenibut tolerance. I have Theanine and I can't feel very much, I haven't been using it daily but I might go have a few scoops, maybe a gram. I already took phenibut, are you supposed to use them together or on off days? Does theanine up-regulate? I tried fasoracatam and didn't notice anything. None of the racetams seemed to do anything, I wasn't always taking choline but I had some at one point and it's hard to tell because phenibut seems to mask everything. Sunifiram and racetams seem to block the effects of phenibut but maybe it's just me.

#4 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

According to wikipedia absinthe has no hallucinogenic effect (don't know if that's the effect you describe)

Personally I think it's not a good idea to balance the effects of Phenibut with a highly alcoholic beverage because that sounds like a downwards spiral.

#5 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

According to wikipedia absinthe has no hallucinogenic effect (don't know if that's the effect you describe)

Personally I think it's not a good idea to balance the effects of Phenibut with a highly alcoholic beverage because that sounds like a downwards spiral.

Wikipedia is not to be entirely trusted. Personal experience with a full spectrum wormwood extract, smoked, led to a strong psychoactive effect.

The wormwood extract I suggested avoids having to consume any alcohol which itself will cause receptor down regulation.

Edited by sativa, 02 May 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#6 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:21 AM

source for smokable wormwood please also can you describe the effects a bit more i do know thujone is psychoactive when mixed with alcohol im not sure how it works by itself smoked or consumed in other ways

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:32 AM

source for smokable wormwood please also can you describe the effects a bit more i do know thujone is psychoactive when mixed with alcohol im not sure how it works by itself smoked or consumed in other ways

To make a smokeable wormwood extract perform a simple alcohol extraction. I used isopropyl alcohol.

Insight into the effects: https://www.erowid.o...xp.php?ID=10100

Thujone is a GABA antagonist and 5-HT3 antagonist. (Lemon oil and ginger also contains a 5-HT3 antagonist which provides anti nausea effects, and if you are not experiencing 5-HT3 activated related nausea, then you experience a positive psychoactive effect).

Ethanol is a 5-HT3 agonist (induces nausea) so wormwood would reduce this effect.

Alpha-thujone reduces 5-HT3 receptor activity by an effect on the agonist-reduced desensitization

It is suggested that alpha-thujone reduced 5-HT3 receptor activity by an effect on mechanisms involved in receptor desensitization, which depend on receptor subunit composition.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15002407

I'm sure there are other active compounds in wormwood.

Edited by sativa, 06 May 2016 - 01:44 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, nootropics, gaba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users