• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Buffering Citrulline Malate with Sodium Bicarbonate?

citrulline malate citrulline malate baking soda sodium bicarbonate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nubiensunset

• 44 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hey,

I'm wondering if buffering citrulline malata with baking soda would make it any less effective? It is pretty acidic and I find it easier to drink when adding a little baking soda. (I also use a straw)

Also, would Citrulline Malate be most effective if taken consistently over a period of time (and cycled)?

Thanks!

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:02 AM

Both citrulline and malic acid are pretty acidic.  The name is sometimes written as "citrulline / malate" to emphasize that it's not a compound like an ester or salt, rather it's a mixture of the two compounds.  Technically, malate is a base, presumably the sodium salt of malic acid.  I don't see any reason why adding sodium bicarbonate to the mixture would alter its properties. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nubiensunset

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:33 AM

It's 2:1 from powdercity.

Glad to hear it niner.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 nubiensunset

• Topic Starter
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

Anyone know if the beneficial effects are cumulative?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: citrulline malate, citrulline, malate, baking soda, sodium bicarbonate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users