• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What's everything that my body needs to increase overall Serotonin levels in ALL AREAS of my brain?

serotonin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 us3yournam3

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

Age: 23, Sex: male, Height: 192 cm, Weight : 99 kg, Race: Caucasian, Location: Serbia,

Also in which plants might I be able to find serotonin precursor aminos?

Also is there any serotonergic antidepressive tht doesn't interfere with nitric oxide, and how can I boost my nitric oxide levels except with an NO reactor from the gym? And is there an antidepressive that does not antagonize ANY of 5-htp receptors, solely reuptake inhibition or serotonine receptors positive modulation or inducing serotonin release ( i think that's agonisation?)

What's other supplementation that i need? I've heard d3 is needed.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:04 AM

gelatin increased serotonin and IGF-1 for me.   My understanding is the gelatin does not directly increase serotonin, the increases are due to glycine/gelatin smoothing/lowering of impediments to the production of hormones.  The glycine and other proteins in gelatin have the effect of increasing testosterone and normalizing the thyroid hormones.  My TSH dropped from 2.5 to 1.45.

I did one experiment where I took a one-time 100 gram dose of gelatin(Now Foods-bulk-buy it by the pound).   IGF-1  was 153 ng/mL putting me well within the ng/mL reference range of 37/172 with a 100 gram dose.   Normally I take about 9 grams about 5-6 days a week.    A couple of baby aspirin tops off a very restful night's sleep.    (this 77 year old is pleased with the effects)  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:06 AM

Gelatin increased serotonin and IGF-1 for me.   My understanding is the gelatin does not directly increase serotonin, the increases are due to glycine/gelatin smoothing/lowering of impediments to the production of serotonin.  The glycine and other proteins in gelatin had the effect of increasing testosterone and normalizing the thyroid hormones.  My TSH dropped from 2.5 to 1.45.  

I did a one-time experiment where I took a one-time 100 gram dose of gelatin(Now Foods-bulk-buy it by the pound).   IGF-1  lab result was 153 ng/mL putting me well within the ng/mL reference range of 37/172 with a 100 gram dose.   Normally I take about 9 grams about 5-6 days a week.    A couple of baby aspirin tops off a very restful night's sleep.    (a 77 year old is pleased with the effects)

#4 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:50 PM

Depression is not solely to do with serotonin. I'm sure most neurotransmitters have a role to play.

Also, your gut bacteria make neurotransmitters and bioactive compounds so your first step should be to make sure you have a healthy gut flora - eat/drink fermented foods/drinks (water kefir is the best, soil based bacteria are also good)

And is there an antidepressive that does not antagonize ANY of 5-htp receptors, solely reuptake inhibition or serotonine receptors positive modulation or inducing serotonin release ( i think that's agonisation?)

One of the serotonin receptors called 5-HT1A antagonizes the other serotonin receptors to varying degrees, and activation of the 5-HT3 receptor results in nausea. So, anything that increases serotonin levels will cause undesired effects.

Reuptake inhibition increases serotonin levels and serotonin positive modulation increases receptor activation, so both will cause undesired effects.

I think the pharmaceutical model of depression is a bit lacking.

Edited by sativa, 14 May 2016 - 11:04 PM.

• Agree x 1

#5 us3yournam3

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:01 AM

I think the pharmaceutical model of depression is a bit lacking. 

Yeah I agree, that's why I'm trying to find out how to function as much as humanely possible on my own.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

Your Serotonin level cannot rise unless other catecholamines levels rise with it. L-Tyrosine is key to doing this, there are many factors from stimulation, attitude, exercise, toxic load, pheno type, trace minerals, water quality, etc. The list goes on and on. Exercise is important for using the Yin up that accumilates. Try Macrobiotics and source your foods wisley, every mouthful counts!? Colour therapy, there's some food for thought.
Please don't think you are your brain, the brain is a receptor/reciever of you, along with your body they are you too.

Edited by Multivitz, 01 July 2016 - 02:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serotonin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users