hypothyroidism strange reaction to stimulants

hypothyrodism strange reaction from stimulants thyroid stimulants

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 superlux

• 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hello,

I have all the symptoms that resemble hypothyroidism. From depression (energy related) to lethargy, apathy, cold intolerance, weight gain etc.

What bothers me the most is my strange reaction to stimulants. I have a hard time getting moving, getting out of bed. Stimulants like cigarettes, caffeine and even amphetamines (adhd) get

me more lethargic, tired. I really don´t know what to do. My shrink put me on an SNRI pristiq and today it was the first day I took it but it does nothing. I know it takes a while to kick in but

is this strange reaction to stimulants normal when one suffer from adrenal fatigue/thyroid problems ?

What else could it be ?

I´m looking forward to the blood test results but in the meantime I just want to inform me if anyone suffers from the same reaction to stimulants.

thjx in advance

#2 odspot

• Validating/Suspended
  • 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

Hypothyroidism places more strain on the adrenals to compensate .. hence, your body may be less able to handle stimulants due to possibly lower cortisol levels ..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

If you have hypothyroidism doesn't make sense to fix it instead to try stimulants which will not work anyway?

Test for Hashimoto and if it is negative supplement SSKI or Lugol or Iodoral (solid Lugol).

Leave alone blood tests for hypothyroidism since are very unreliable, test your basal temperature instead which is a far better indicator or have a iodine load urine test.

• Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hypothyrodism strange reaction from stimulants, thyroid, stimulants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users