• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

What's resulted in an IQ increase?

selank semax cerebrolysin nsi-189 fasoracetam coluracetam tdcs brainwave entrainment

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

N-Acetyl Semax Amidate + N-Acetyl Selank? Fasoracetam + Coluracetam? NSI-189? Cerebrolysin? Brainwave entrainment? tDCS?

By how much was there an increase? What would you say is the reason for the increase? 

#2 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:07 AM

What is the question again?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Cheerful x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

Physical exercise gingko bacopa tea

+5iq
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#4 Autumn Knight

• 99 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

geniusintelligence.com, the exercises from the site helped me score 15+ higher on IQ tests, but I don't know if that's from just "learning how to take IQ tests better" or actual intelligence increase.

I haven't been able to get one of the crucial program features to work, so I must not be that intelligent, hah.

• dislike x 1

#5 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

Did they help you feel more intelligent? For me anyway, that would be tantamount to the real thing. Feeling smarter seems to be a precondition to acting smarter ...

#6 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:34 AM

n-back training

#7 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

Don't mistake training or rote learning for increased fluid intelligence.

From 'Failure of Working Memory Training to Enhance Cognition or Intelligence',

These findings fail to support the idea that adaptive working memory training in healthy young adults enhances working memory capacity in non-trained tasks, fluid intelligence, or other measures of cognitive abilities.

However there is a conflicting report from U of M, http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/8420

PHYSICAL training might also boost fluid intelligence, albeit modestly.
https://www.psycholo...id-intelligence

Edited by gamesguru, 24 May 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#8 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

Physical exercise gingko bacopa tea

+5iq

Do you really think taking Bacopa can increase IQ? What makes you think that? Have any studies to back up your claim?

#9 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:52 PM

Yes, when combined with other things. I have studies, but I'm currently going 85mph.

Also 5iq pts ain't much.
  • Disagree x 1

#10 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

Would you recommend taking it? Especially to someone who already has issues with motivation and fatigue, depression?

#11 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

Yes I would try it, but obviously if it makes you late for work and a crybaby in front of your parents, cut it out.

Consider other herbal noots, as well as a plant-based diet and mixed exercise.

#12 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

Yes I would try it, but obviously if it makes you late for work and a crybaby in front of your parents, cut it out.

Consider other herbal noots, as well as a plant-based diet and mixed exercise.

Through which mechanisms of action do you know which Bacopa increases IQ? I don't understand how a herb that mainly increaes Serotonin can

increase IQ since Serotonin is largely known for lowering brain activity.

#13 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:20 AM

You're not exactly right about serotonin, it has differntial effects at 2A and 2C receptors. At the only strongly anti-cognitive serotonin site, 5ht6, bacopa presumably acts as an antagonist.
It is also worth noting that the increase in neurotranmitter, which is not at all limited to serotonin (but rather includes dopamine, GABA, acetylcholine and glutamate), is rather mild when compared against more potent agents, such as SSRIs or MDMA. It can be thought of as a modulator or regulator, not a harsh or strict reuptake inhibitor or release promoter.

Part of the reason why 5ht2a is pro-cognitive is the interplay between it and BDNF, basic Hebbian theory (serotonin being widely innervated and increased activity helping to strengthen connections). The end result is neurogenesis and dendritic arborizations, processes hardly contrary to intelligence.

"Agonists at the 5-HT2A receptor including LSD (d-lysergic acid diethylamide) enhanced associative learning at doses that produce cognitive effects in humans."

Edited by gamesguru, 26 May 2016 - 03:27 AM.

• like x 1

#14 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

Did they help you feel more intelligent? For me anyway, that would be tantamount to the real thing. Feeling smarter seems to be a precondition to acting smarter ...

Just use lots of amphetamine then.

• Off-Topic x 1

#15 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

As I have the tabs open:

Nootropic Bacteria?

http://www.longecity...ropic-bacteria/

Can bacteria make you smarter?

http://www.longecity...ke-you-smarter/

The Microbiome and Brain Enhancement

http://www.longecity...in-enhancement/

colloidal gold?

https://cse.google.c...=colloidal gold

Fluid Intelligence Investigations

http://www.longecity...igations/page-2

#16 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

I prefer to take Royal Jelly, Zinc and NSI-189 along with acute aerobic exercise to increase my Intelligence or Mental abilities instead of wasting my time on neurotransmitter/receptor altering herbs!

Edited by psychejunkie, 26 May 2016 - 04:52 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#17 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Royal jelly for the GDNF, I presume? Are you aware ginkgo does the same?

And bacopa may be quite as effective as NSI at restoring cognitive function in the elderly and promoting it in the healthy. Bacopa affects BDNF and NGF, and promotes neurogenesis and dendritic arborization, so to say it's just affecting neurotransmitters is an oversimplification.

#18 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

Royal jelly for the GDNF, I presume? Are you aware ginkgo does the same?

And bacopa may be quite as effective as NSI at restoring cognitive function in the elderly and promoting it in the healthy. Bacopa affects BDNF and NGF, and promotes neurogenesis and dendritic arborization, so to say it's just affecting neurotransmitters is an oversimplification.

Tons of other drugs and herbs cause neurogenesis or neurotrophic release or change by alterig neurotransmitters.
Like SSRIs or Galantamine which increase BDNF, NGF and neurogenesis indirectly.

These effects of Herbs all have only been studied in vitro and are very limited and even dependent on individuals.

But royal jelly has two active compounds that directly act on both neurogenesis and gliogenesis via all 4 stages. Also have studied in vitro and vivo and even human studies and not limited or depending to individuals.

Edited by psychejunkie, 26 May 2016 - 07:30 PM.

• Informative x 1

#19 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

How extensively have the initial NSI findings been confirmed?
  • Good Point x 1

#20 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:42 AM

Psychejunkie, where did you get your Royal jelly from?

#21 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:18 AM

Afaik other natural substances that stimulate all 3 stages of glial growth include bilobalide, naringen, and ibogaine.

That's right folks, regular old ginkgo has the most remarkable effects.

Edited by gamesguru, 27 May 2016 - 06:18 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#22 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:43 AM

Have you seen a boost in iq taking gingkgo ?

#23 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

Yeah, by itself, 1 or 2 points increase. Together with everything else (see my profile), maybe 10pts gained. Unfortunately other factors have drained my motivation and will to achieve, but I have tested above 140 and consistently around 135. In high school, before supplements and when my diet was shit, my benchmark was 128.

Plenty of studies indicated increased learning or retention from herbal noots (bacopa, ginkgo, ginseng, green tea, etc), and the greatest effect comes from an herbal "stack".

#24 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

You don't take gingkgo everyday?
How much would you say a diet can have on your iq?

#25 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:52 PM

Psychejunkie, where did you get your Royal jelly from?

I took Royal jelly from a bee keeper two years ago, best result but hard to store! I used freezing but spoiled after a month. Since then I take Marnys Royal Jelly 1000mg capsules in morning before Aerobic Exercise

#26 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

How extensively have the initial NSI findings been confirmed?

NSI-189 doesnt promote neurogenesis indirectly by altering receptors or elevating neurotransmitters

#27 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:07 PM

Neuralsten is keeping hush hush about NSI's mechanism of action. It nigh activate TrkB or affect serotonin, who know? So you can't discount the possibility that it works similarly to older nootropics

It might also affect dopamine based on one user's reported side effects:

I'm getting ejaculatory anhedonia since NSI-189, despite ... either, which would suggest a dopaminergic activity going on as well, though on far lower levels than amphetamines.

#28 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Meaning NSI-189 may lower dopamine levels? Also, why don't you take gingkgo everyday ?

#29 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

NSI might antagonize D2, that would also produce an antipsychotic effect.

Ginkgo gives me a mild headache and increased blood pressure, that's why I do 60-120mg and take off 2-3days a week. Bacopa makes me tired. Ginseng same problem with blood pressure as ginkgo. The side effects get worse if you take them days in a row, and abate if you take 3 days off.

And with green tea every day, sometimes you have to limit and choose your stimulants. But blood pressure and overstimulation aside you're invited to try my stack without any days off.

Besides preventing the development of side effects, I think a short-term cycle also helps reset tolerance. I drink tea like 25-27 days a month, and I even take a day without fruits (although I compensate with 3 extra veggie servings). You get the idea...

Edited by gamesguru, 28 May 2016 - 01:43 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

Colloidal gold is a good one. Ensure you get genuine stuff!

When swished and swallowed daily, it will heal most mouth issues. Not to mention the boost in overall vitality, including cognition and physical stamina.

Edited by sativa, 28 May 2016 - 05:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selank, semax, cerebrolysin, nsi-189, fasoracetam, coluracetam, tdcs, brainwave entrainment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users