• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is Milnacipran / Ixel safe w Cymbalta? Any results or experiences here?

anhedonia thyroid motivation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:34 AM

Is Milnacipran safe to take w Cymbalta? I know some people like to combo it with SSRIs and Vyvanse/stims but I wonder if a 1:10 norepinephrine to serotonin ratio SNRI like Cymbalta would be fine?  I am having some partial results and partial improvements with Milnacipran + Vyvanse but still need tremendous work. Motivation, interest, clarity of thought are still largely lacking.                                 

I btw have low thyroid, very low cortisol (adrenal problems), low Testosterone, low estrogen, poor physical + mental energy, very low motivation, and often foggy and thoughtless mind. Also find it extremely difficult to communicate effectively and speak to people. 

Milnacipran I've been told on a few accounts is helpful for thyroid and adrenals but that those effects take possibly months to come into effect. So far low doses of 4-8mg have had some benefits towards subtle motivation and tiny desire to engage in a few things but overall still very anhedonic. Higher doses made me feel very robotic and not right.  I have heard of a lot of people having problems with higher doses. I wonder how some people who had negative experiences with Milnacipran/ixel might do if they tried lower doses. Lot of people on dr bob forum reported benefits at lower end.

I really need a better combo for the Milnacipran though. My energy is too poor and I often feel soulless anhedonic and unable to participate in anything that life has to offer. It usually feels like I am going through the motions. Parnate was one of the last meds to truly bring my life back together in some significant fashion but lost effectiveness and also caused yellow skin and hypotension issues. Some of the hypotension would last even after stopping.  

Additionally some of the biggest factors for me lately are lack of pleasure, lack of reward, lack of purpose.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anhedonia, thyroid, motivation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users