interesting stimulant nobody talks about

stimulant

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

i was cruising the wiki archives as i do, stumbled upon this interesting stuff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazindol now it seems extremely hard to find information further on it, i wouldnt be surprised if its not discontinued? anyone has any clue whatsoever or should i try the more advanced chemistry forums in time?

#2 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Although the mechanism of action of the sympathomimetics in the treatment of obesity is not fully known, these medications have pharmacological effects similar to those of amphetamines. Like other sympathomimetic appetite suppressants, mazindol is thought to act as a reuptake inhibitor of norepinephrine. In addition, it inhibits dopamine and serotonin reuptake. The recommended dosage is 2 mg per day for 90 days

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

True!  For appetite suppression and weight loss it seems like Phentermine is preferred because of it's longer half life.

I have to say back in the day when I was more serious about bodybuilding, there was nothing like Fen-Phen while dieting.  As a stimulant, Phentermine was pretty darn mild though.  IMO less stimulation that the ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin stack, though without the sides.

The lower mg recommended dose of 2 mg with mazindol, I wonder how stimulating 4-5 mg is?

I'll see if I can dig up some anecdotal experiences on bodybuilding sites.  They usually have a lot of experience with milder stims.

BTW  What are a couple of the more advanced chemistry sites you prefer?

#4 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

I did find this off a quick reddit search--

"Dopamine reuptake inhibitors, such as Tesofensine and Mazindol, do not produce any euphoric or stimulant effects in normal volunteers, even if they are administered intravenously to these subjects."

#5 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

oh dear lord that fucking sucks. do you at least know of a place to buy it?

#6 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

I believe it's pretty easy to find at online pharmacies without a prescription because it isn't as tightly watched.

I don't tend to buy from pharmacies but RC or group buys.

If you spend a little time at say the Mind and Muscle forum, and send off a few pms, you'll get a reputable source if you are patient.

Or someone might PM you here.

I've already got a script for Modafinil, which plays well with GTS-21, and caffeine-- so well I've had to drop Piracetam-- no need for stims.

#7 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Voacanga aafricana (the bark, NOT the seeds) contains a CB1 antagonist and so is perfect for appetite suppression (and weight loss). It also acts as a stimulant, it is traditionally used as a hunting aid so enhances sensory perceptions focus etc.

I've tried it a few times and can confirm it does these things.

I made a detailed thread about it here https://drugs-forum....ad.php?t=283531

Edited by sativa, 28 May 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#8 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

Falcerinol isn't the only cb1 antagonist then?

"...the Voacanga africana extract has one-hundredth the activity of ibogaine in depressing synaptic responses. Thus, ibogaine and Voacanga africana extract may produce their central effects by altering dopaminergic and glutamatergic processes."

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

Discovery of indole alkaloids with cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonistic activity.
Kitajima M1, Iwai M, Kikura-Hanajiri R, Goda Y, Iida M, Yabushita H, Takayama H.

Three indole alkaloids, voacamine (1), 3,6-oxidovoacangine (2), and a new alkaloid, 5-hydroxy-3,6-oxidovoacangine (3), isolated from Voacanga africana were found to exhibit potent cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonistic activity. This is the first example of CB1 antagonists derived from natural alkaloids.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21376588

Also:

The Voacanga genus is closely related to both Tabernanthe and Tabernaemontana. Many species from this genus also produce complex indole alkaloids of the same type and structure as these other two genera, some being source material for the isolation and semi-synthesis of medically used alkaloids.

West African Shaman ingest the Voacanga Africana rootbark as a cerebral stimulant and the seeds for visionary purposes.

The bark and seeds of the tree are used in Ghana as a poison, stimulant, aphrodisiac, and ceremonial psychedelic. It is reported to contain voacangine (carbomethoxy-ibogaine), ibogamin, plus many other unidentified alkaloids in the root & trunk bark, leaves and seeds.

In one species (V.africana) the alkaloid content has been reported as 5-10% in root bark, 4-5% in trunk bark, 0.3-0.45% in leaves and 1.5% in seeds.

The total alkaloid fraction is said to be slightly toxic, acting as CNS depressants & hypotensives.

The Ibogan type alkaloids, Coronaridine, Ibogaine, Ibogamine, Iboxygaine, Voacangine and Voacristine exhibit mostly a central stimulant effect.

High doses of voacangine produces convulsions and asphyxia.
Iboxygaine causes psychomotor(?) effects.
Ibogamine , Ibogaine and Iboxygaine are tremorigenic, Coronaridine and Voacangine seem not.
Ibogaine is an antagonist to reserpine. Ibogaine is more effective in counteracting electroshock than Voacangine, both these alkaloids lower body temperature.
Coronaridine and Voacangine both seem to have local anaesthetic activity.
Ibogaine is ‘hallucinogenic'and anti-fatigue agent.

Voacamine has been found to be a useful heart tonic, having a similar action to cardiac glycosides like digitoxin, but without the toxicity associated with these compounds. It's duration of action is also longer, doesn't appear to effect the heart rate much. Voacamine can cause hypertension due to peripheral vasoconstriction in high doses, also a CNS depressant.

The combination of voacanga root/stem bark and kanna is a great combo for increased resilience and enhanced awareness.

Voacanga and adaptogens such as rhodiola, suma root etc have potential to be very "strengthening" in many aspects.

It will be interesting to see and feel how voacanga alters alcohols CB1 effects.
Later today I will be consuming alcohol as vodka (I drink once a month at most!), voacanga stem bark and kanna 50:1 extract both orally. My fermented kanna has possibly very slight CB1 agonistic activity, maybe too little to have any effect.

Re risk prevention and mitigation, I've put together an ideal combination of things to prevent hangovers and enhance my bodies ability to process and metabolise alcohol, to be taken before, during and after.

Eg WATER, NAC, vit E, B3, C, milk thistle, taurine, B complex, CoQ10 etc. I had uridine and 800mg Theanine last night.

...Coupled with adaptogens I have daily @ am (rhodiola, astragalus, cistanches deserticola, jiaogulan, suma root).

Edited by sativa, 28 May 2016 - 01:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stimulant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users