- - - - -

General questions about spices/CO2 oils

improving

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

less turmeric? maybe cayenne and pepper in addition to ginger? also work on getting more citrus fruits, like oranges, peaches, and especially kiwis. you wont need retinol or vit a. vit d can be had through sun exposure or certain vegetables (UVed mushrooms are my favourite)

• Informative x 1

#32 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the answers both.

Less is the same thing i guess? the point was can i safely take every day without it being less effective, i guess not.

I eat fruit every day, and i take homemade liposomal c as well.

Also i cannot stand the sun, since i got rosacea, and skin very sensitive to sun. Retinol, i think my body cant transfer beta carotene into retinol so this is why i take it, i had bad night blindness before.

I also got D Aspartic Acid on order as a testosterone booster.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:49 AM

Aspartic acid doesn't make a dent on your testosterone levels, save your money.

Maca doesn't directly effects hormones either, it seems to work at libido receptors levels, I find it quite effective at that, I buy it at ethnic shops, I didn't find any difference in effectiveness between different brands, only different taste (some more like hazelnuts, others more neutral).

I have my personal theory according which if libido goes up androgens will follow, that not because a mechanistic reason but because the brain state is able to influence hormone levels and vice versa.

Best way to enhance testosterone levels is resistance training, everything else is really marginal without it, SARMs and steroids are another story. 

• Good Point x 1

#34 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:16 AM

Well derp, i already have it on order :(

I heard its the only thing that its proven to increase testosterone levels, but nevermind.

What do you think about this product?

http://www.iherb.com...-oz-113-g/62875

Is it reliable brand, and good quality? also how much should i take per day? thanks alot!

#35 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:21 AM

ginger is an oft overlooked test booster. you can make a tea with honey, its not too bad, but i have a feeling its best not to discard the pulp, so drink to your delight :happy:

Boron also has the interesting property of reducing SBGH while increasing DHT and free T. area and I have extensive posts on this:

http://www.longecity...erone-boosters/
http://area1255.blog...nts_11.html?m=1
http://area1255.blog...bg-and.html?m=1

• Good Point x 1

#36 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

Thanks! yes i use ginger, but problem with it, its too hot, and makes my body heat - sweat, its 40c where i live and its very hard to ingest it in big doses (over 1 gram per day in total) to avoid this heating effect.

I will look into boron! what form is best and what dose?

#37 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:44 AM

That maca would be fine, its just crazy expensive.

I pay an average of 20-25 euro/kg for it and import in EU is expensive, in US should be much cheaper than that.

About 2.5-3g twice a day would do, more might start some mild gut discomfort.

D-AA can be used as a testosterone booster for infertile men, and by athletes as a temporary booster. Elevated testosterone levels only last a week to a week and a half in healthy men, with testosterone returning to normal afterward.

http://examine.com/s...-Aspartic Acid/

My personal experience with it showed no noticeable effect at all.

Ginger is nice, it has several health benefits therefore is certainly worth to be considered.

I am not sure about how much is able to raise testosterone levels when those are in the normal range...

Onions too can raise testosterone by 300%, but only in pathologically very low testosterone subjects...

Anyway I do like ginger (and onions), above a certain amount, which I suppose would be subjective, the pulp might cause gut discomfort (probably due to too much fibers), personally I have to stay below 10g at once, drinking the tea only allows me to have much higher dosages without any complain.

• Informative x 1

#38 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

I will look into boron! what form is best and what dose?

I made a 20% solution of sodium tetraborate aka borax (in water) and add 1-3 drops per litre of drinking and cooking water.

Another great herb is suma root. It has significantly increased my muscle tone and definition and a few other aspects which greatly boost confidence.

Coconut oil will likely be synergistic with your goal, as it speeds up your metabolism = more energy. This depends entirely on the initial condition of your thyroid.

Also, if you are regularly in fight or flight state (no matter how low) then this will also decrease libido. Adrenal gland gealtfh are the underlying factor for this.

Edited by sativa, 13 June 2016 - 09:26 AM.

• Informative x 1

#39 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

Sativa, you might be better rethinking you borax supplementation since it looks a bit tiny:

Firstly dissolve a lightly rounded teaspoonful (5-6 grams) of borax in 1 litre of good quality water.  This is your concentrated solution keep it out of reach of small children.

Standard dose = 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of concentrate. This has 25 to 30 mg of borax and provides about 3 mg of boron.  Take 1 dose per day mixed with drink or food.  If that feels right then take a second dose with another meal.  If there is no specific health problem or for maintenance you may continue indefinitely with 1 or 2 doses daily.

If you do have a problem, such as arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions, cramps or spasms, stiffness due to advancing years, menopause, and also to improve low sex hormone production, increase intake to 3 or more spaced-out standard doses for several months or longer until you feel that your problem has sufficiently improved. Then drop back to 1 or 2 doses per day.

http://www.health-sc...t.com/borax.htm

#40 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

Thanks for that info, I will up my dose. I am happy for now to have slowly introduced boron into my diet so will up my dose from now on. This guy also uses 30mg borax - if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

R.E. Newnham, Cracoe House Cottage, Cracoe, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6LB. Tel and fax 01756 730 240.
RENewnham@aol.com

Following on my early work the U.S. Human Nutrition Research Center in North Dakota' has shown that boron works through the parathyroid, and this is the gland that controls mineralization of bones.

Boron also helps to restore the natural hormones to elderly women who were suffering with osteoporosis.

This natural hormone is much better than the hormone replacement therapy.[HRT] that is so often recommended by doctors. The HRT too often leads to breast cancer, but not the natural hormone. Patients who have used boron for arthritis just don't seem to develop osteoporosis.

The effect of boron on bone fractures is very interesting, as these fractures just heal in about half the normal time in both man and animal. Horses and dogs with broken leg bones, or even a broken pelvis have recovered fully.

http://www.whale.to/w/boron.html

Edited by sativa, 17 June 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#41 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

Hi guys, how fast does maca libido boosting properties work?

I took around 5 grams in powdered form, i feel nothing 3 hour later?

#42 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

It is not so fast...it takes several days of use.

"One rat study published comparing acute effects of Maca against chronic dosing noted that, after consumption of 25 or 100mg/kg aqueous extract in mice, that a single dose 30 minute before sexual activity failed to increase mounting or ejaculatory parameters in mice.[24] Measurements after a week started to trend towards significant improvements, but at a week and after 21 days these differences failed to be statistically significant.[24]

Maca root appears to exert aphrodisia in a 'build-up' manner, with more efficacy coming from repeated doses and independent of timing around sexual activity

In otherwise healthy men taking 1.5g or 3g Maca daily, Aphrodisia (by self-report) is increased by 24.4%, 40%, and 42.2% at 4, 8, and 12 weeks; respectively. This study noted 16.6% of placebo reporting aphrodisia at week 4, which did not occur at either week 8 or 12.[22] This aphrodisiac effect has also been noted in experienced athletes that were otherwise healthy, as 2g of a 5:1 extract of Maca taken for 2 weeks was associated with improved scores on a sexuality rating scale (Sexual Desire Inventory[25]), with more improvement seen with dyadic sexual desire (sexual desire towards others) rather than solitary sexual desire.[26]"

http://examine.com/supplements/Maca/

• WellResearched x 1

#43 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

Thanks alot for doing the research for me, i'm still learning and this studies are not so easy to totally understand yet :)

You guys rock! i guess it will need some time before i notice the benefits, at least it was not the problem of not working, but time needed to potentially work :)

#44 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:02 AM

Well, like 20 days already passed, maybe a very slight effect but nothign noticeable, tbh i do have a current prostatitis problem or some sort of abdomen bloating, and issues so i dont know if that effect is masking/killing my libido but anyway :(

#45 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:02 AM

In my experience (and not only mine) maca does improve libido noticeably but subtly, it is not something huge but definitely there is an effect, if one will define it mild or strong enough is a matter of individuality I guess.

Prostatitis doesn't help with libido, that for sure.

I might suggest SSKI 6 drops in a glass of water 3 times a day for 3-4 days or till side effects starts to manifest (running nose, metallic taste, mild frontal headache,  not necessarily all of these at once), continue with one drop a day, eventually discontinue for a couple of days in order to get rid of the side effects.

Not recommended to whom has Hashimoto.

The iodine content is a very powerful antibacterial that should solve the problem without the use of nasty antibiotics, well worth a try.

• Good Point x 1

#46 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

Hi thanks for the answer. I take kelp on daily basis, 150 mcg, would this work similary?

Also what about Oil of oregano?

#47 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Kelp does contain iodine but the amount of it is unreliable therefore as a therapy I would prefer SSKI (which by the way is totally inexpensive and very versatile).

Anyway daily kelp supplement is a good idea.

Oregano Oil...wonderful and magnificent things are said about it...I tried for a few months and in all sincerity didn't find it so amazing, it means nothing, of course, we are all different and my experience is just what it is.

Go for it and see if it works for you, if it does keep using it by all means.

As a bactericide for prostatitis (and in general) I suspect SSKI is far superior but, again, if oregano oil works for you go for it!  

• Good Point x 1

#48 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:10 PM

I cant find ANY in vivo studies for oils vs bacterial infections and generally vs antibiotics, so my belive in OOE is a bit decliyning, i also cant stand anymore to question 1000 things, when 1/2 weeks dosing of Doxy should do the trick and solve many of the dilemmas i got. I plan to use 1/2 week doxy and 1/2 weeks Monotrim.

About the SSKi, i will order from iherb but i don't think i got the nerves to wait any longer, since i got fed up with constantly feeling like i need to poop and bloated abdomen/prostate/gas, it also kills my libido, and makes me get cold sweats/sweating alot more, and general bad feel, today i feel much better but its not constant. Thank you so much for your great help!

Edited by dazed1, 25 July 2016 - 11:11 PM.

#49 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

SSKI easier (and cheaper) way is to make your own dissolving 14g potassium iodide in 10g distilled water, you should be able to find potassium iodide (KI) quite easily on eBay.

• WellResearched x 1

#50 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:32 AM

Problem is im from EU, every order takes at least 15 days to reach me, im not sure i can survive this terrible feeling so much longer.

#51 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

Absolutely, I suggest you to consult with your doctor and to solve this issue as soon as possible.

SSKI will come in handy another time...but is better to have it already jn your medicine cabinet,

• Agree x 1

#52 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

Yes i will order it, thank you alot sir!

BTW 

Doxy vs Monotrim vs rifaximin

#53 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

what about cannabis or alcohol (on the male body)?

#54 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

What do you mean by that ?

#55 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:41 AM

I get 2 prescriptions, one for

Doxyciline

And one for Bactrim.

What is better to use for possible IBS/SIBO/prostatis?

How long should i use them? should i mixed them?

Would one week for the Doxy and then 1 for the bactrim be good enough?

#56 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

Are both antibiotics but how to use them and if they are appropriate for your condition has to be evaluated by a doctor.

#57 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

I'm planing to start eating vegan diet, but include only fish. I got bad genetics and diagonal ear crease for atherosclerosis, will fish also be a problem for this and i should go full vegan?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: improving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users