- - - - -

Theraputic Doses of supplements - make a list

vitamins supplements dose

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:06 AM

We can spend a lot of money on supplements but what are the actual doses needed to do what it is we are taking them for?

For example we know that 40mg per day of Vitamin C will prevent the diseases associated with deficiency, but what are the doses required to actually bring about a benefit beyond the minimum daily requirement?

I have an R-lipoic acid supplement that is 100mg, it's not 'cheap' but is that dose taken once a day useful or largely ineffective? Is once a day too long between doses? I notice it acts like a diuretic and wonder if I want to 'keep' it in my system do I need to take it every few hours to be as effective for the point I'm buying it for.

I am curious as the Nicotinamide Riboside doses needed. The LEF brand has a 100mg dose but I have seen dosages of up to 1000mg or more. Is 100mg (for the reasons we want to take it such as increased NAD levels) essentially pointless?

It would be good to have a list of common vitamins and supplements with dosages that reflect a therapeutic or potential life extending dose and whether its best divided throughout the day. Not a minimum dose.

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Through symptoms or blood tests found, that minimal and therapeutic doses are very individual. Made a supplement log where I also entered commonly read therapeutic doses too (see column TD). Only R-lipoic and NR are missing in this list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/

However, the best way to find your minimal or therapeutic dose is still how I then proceded: Start with the lowest possible dose of each nutrient and increase gradually over months and years. That way you would catch a always possible allergic or adverse reaction early on, and would know which doses are definitely too high for you.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamins, supplements, dose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users