56 replies to this topic

#31 David555

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

A made it too long, didn't I? :D

TlDR:

I am kind of afraid about that ache inhibition caused by Ashwagandha. Wouldn't it cause any negative issues like:

- ach receptora downegulation
- ach enzyme upregulation
- chat enzyme downegulation

? I am aware, that ashwagandha isn't nearly that strong in its action to cause any severe disregulation but let's consider the worst case, for the sake of safety. Also, can somebody please give me a clue how to influence those 3 potential phenomenons?

And the second one:

I ordered 1 g of 5htp, just to see if AADC works fine and how my receptors would react to it. Then I plan to buy Bacopa and upregulate TH. Any advices/comments?

#32 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:18 AM

Euphoria and crash sounds like a bad PFC. Brain fog is in part temporal lobe which is ACH and GABA related, but most of it occurs in the PFC, too much noise in the signal. cAMP is a good example of a signal that increases heavily with caffeine use and increases noise so we can get scatter brain. Also, the headaches could be from too much calcium. NMDA receptors also are sensitive to the signal noise ratio and something like Magnesium helps to turn down their sensitivity by temporarily blocking the ion channel in the protein.

In ADD treatment, dopamine receptors and norepinephrine receptors are agonized and in schizophrenia treatment, dopamine receptors are antagonized. Both disorders contain massive brain fog. Perhaps you are one of those two things and the euphoria you get is squashed by the signal noise ratio getting out of hand when NMDA receptors and cAMP are modulated/upregulated from dopamine signaling. You may have more of one dopamine receptor than others or simply a malfunctioning subtype.

Inositol and magnesium. Bacopa and Gotu Kola. Take your pick. Both combos can help with that signal noise ratio in both cAMP and NMDA signaling. They aren't going to help you with anhedonia (at first), so you may want to consider something more dopaminergic to stack with it. Also, meditation helps stimulate the brain to grow gray matter which will help you cope with stress and form new connections easier. May have something to do with increased oxygen intake or even forcing yourself to smile and enjoy yourself for an extended period of time.

Also Ashwagandha increases ACH so it does not have an inhibition effect on ACh signaling. Perhaps it semipermanently changes your transcription factors of the 3 proteins you've mentioned, but it is unlikely to cause permanent unwanted effects due to a combination of decreasing stress and increasing neuroplasticity. If you are concerned, taper off to a maintenance dose once you sense a recovery is near.

Edited by devinthayer, 13 June 2016 - 11:45 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 genereader

• 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:45 AM

If your headaches get worse as the day progresses, worse while driving, etc. there might be a muscular or myofascial component to your pain. 

A physical therapist could give you a targeted set of daily exercises and stretches; insurance usually pays if your dr will give you a referral.  Also read up on trigger point therapy-- you can do trigger point therapy easily and quickly on yourself at home.  A sternocleidomastoid knot, for example, can really cause all kinds of weird problems (http://www.massageto...le.php?id=14447).     

Also I second the idea to stop tinkering with supplements (except maybe for some basic minerals like Thorne Citramins) for a little while.    Eat a nourishing (not carby) diet, get 8 hours of sleep on a regular routine, walk outside in the sunlight daily, get a fitbit or jawbone and log 10-12.5K steps every day, spend 30-min on stretches and weights.  Maybe spend ten minutes a day on a meditation app like Headspace (or 10 min praying if you have a religion).  Let things calm down... think proactive not reactive... semi-boring routines building a solid foundation... not relying on quick fixes.

The body and brain are really good at normalizing if you give them the chance and the space to do it.  6-8 weeks.  If you have paresthesia, avoid supplemental vit B6 in any amount.  

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.  Your post was a month ago, so maybe you're already feeling better. ?

Edited by genereader, 10 July 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#34 Neurogenisisis

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Haven't had the time to read the thread, but did you supplement yourself with l-tryptophan? I was thinking it could help you with insomnia, since it is as following l-tryptophan > 5-htp > serotonin > melotonin. Between the stages you'll need enzymes, but since you sad that dopamine seems high in dopamine you could lack the enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase. To help this enzyme develop, use calcium + l-tryptophan.

#35 chris7900

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

it seems like the stack triggered an already existent neurologic and/or psychiatric episode, i would recommend going to the doctor for a diagnosis.

i wouldnt recomment taking any medicine though, just take a diagnosis and then you can find in this forum or in google diffent ways to heal it.

before you go to the appointment you shouldnt take anything for a few weeks so the doc will be able to diagnose you correctly.

and dont be afraid of the psychiatrist he will tell you exactly what is going on, you can thank him for his help and kindly refuse medication, telling him something like its against your values.

good luck meight.

Edited by chris7900, 23 September 2016 - 08:38 AM.

• unsure x 1

#36 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Methylation is just a concept to help you self medicate. It's scientific purpose is null. Really is just a tool for inspiration and nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too much histamine can certainly cause insomnia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

under and overmethylation are conceptual but the methylation cycle is definitely not.

It drives reactions and makes sam-e and bh4 which controls neurotransmitter production.

So if you have MTHFR you will be undermethylated and have low neurotransmitters and mental issues like the OP is describing.

You should check for MTHFR defects from 23andme.

Edited by ortcloud, 01 March 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#37 YOLF

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

If no one has mentioned it, I think it could have something to do with the fish oil. I took it on and off for years and it coincided with weight gain for me... the fat kind and alone it was capable of causing your problem. Perhaps you should be looking at your liver function metrics as it pertains to fish oil. Too much of anything is bad and just because someone does a ton of research on the benefits, doesn't mean it's safe, it just means it has alot of benefits and drives alot of profit.

Anyways, I'll add here for others that removing fats was better for me than adding fats and fat gain causes lipid profile problems... so fish oil is just a quick-feel-good-happy-fix. I wonder if that's why we have a member called Omega 3 Snake Oil... ROFL. Actually, last time I was having joint pains and swallowing a ton of the best oils I could find for it, it was actually making it worse. Then I started using calorease for weight loss, and while it didn't work so well for that, it greatly reduced my joint pain.

#38 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

David555, all the symptoms you listed in your first post (except headache) I also developed after catching the virus detailed on my website here. Possibly you caught the same virus?

Several other people who caught the virus from me also developed some of these symptoms, especially the anxiety, depression and anhedonia symptoms.

#39 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

https://www.google.c...C_fnwIEEhgazITg Have you been screened for OCD?

http://www.smartscit...rticle/view/598
Also you could have some sort of P450 enzyme malfuction.

There are plenty of other options out there, consider switching noots up and make sure to try Lions Mane.

I hope this, or something else someone posts helps.

Cheers, Ark

Edited by Ark, 02 March 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#40 YOLF

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

David555, all the symptoms you listed in your first post (except headache) I also developed after catching the virus detailed on my website here. Possibly you caught the same virus?

Several other people who caught the virus from me also developed some of these symptoms, especially the anxiety, depression and anhedonia symptoms.

Well if you want to find out if it's viral you could try some antivirals. Nitazoxanide is apparently pretty broad spectrum and will kill bacteria and parasites (main use) too. It's also thought to be pretty safe. But be careful, while it was shown to be without major side effects, the long term test group would have MCI anyways and anthelmintics have been known to cause it or similar symptoms. 

#41 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

It's just impossible to say. The odds are against it. There are so many other reasons and possibilities.

#42 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Well if you want to find out if it's viral you could try some antivirals. Nitazoxanide is apparently pretty broad spectrum and will kill bacteria and parasites (main use) too. It's also thought to be pretty safe. But be careful, while it was shown to be without major side effects, the long term test group would have MCI anyways and anthelmintics have been known to cause it or similar symptoms. 

That's a good suggestion, in principle at least, but unfortunately most antivirals are not as powerful as their antibiotic counterparts. With an antibiotic, for common infections, a course 5 or 10 days of antibiotics is typically enough to get rid the infection. If only we had antivirals that work with equal efficacy!   

It's just impossible to say. The odds are against it. There are so many other reasons and possibilities.

If these symptoms David555 listed were caused by a persistent viral infection, you may also have other viral symptoms going on, physical as well as mental, so you have to look at the full clinical picture.

In the case of my virus (which is most likely an enterovirus such as coxsackievirus B), most people who caught it either initially experienced a gastrointestinal upset for a few days (very tired and sick, with vomiting and diarrhea), or a bad sore throat that lasted much longer than usual (several months). Those were the acute symptoms, and then the chronic symptoms appeared in the months subsequent to catching the virus. In terms of the chronic physical symptoms, some people developed a permanent sore throat lasting indefinitely, and/or permanent nasal congestion and inflammation, with mucus build up, again lasting indefinitely.

Once you catch a virus like this, it becomes a permanent addition to your body, making your overall health take a downward turn. For anyone interested in health optimization and longevity, as I used to be, catching this virus is a big blow to your overall health objectives. I always assumed that good health was a case of eating well, exercise, a good set of dietary supplements, etc. But once I caught this virus, I released that the real enemy to good health is the various infectious pathogens that we acquire throughout our lives — some of which are worse than others. My one was a real nasty one. Frankly I would have preferred to have caught HIV: at least with HIV there are antiviral drug treatments that allow most people to live a full and healthy life. But there are no effective antivirals for my virus, because we don't currently have any good anti-enteroviral drugs.

In terms of the full clinical picture: most people who caught my virus (and I observed many friends and family who caught it, as it spreads by saliva) soon developed strange crepe-paper-like fine skin wrinkles, as shown in the images on this page of my website. Though in anyone under 30 years old, these wrinkles did not appear, possibly due to having more resilient youthful skin.

Sudden onset of receding gums was also common when someone caught my virus, as were symptom like recurrent stomach aches, increased fatigue, etc. See my website for the full set of viral symptoms.

So if you look at the full clinical picture, you may find that your mental symptoms are part of a wider viral illness which manifests a whole set of mental and physical symptoms.

My virus is very nasty, and it spreads by ordinary social contact. It caused several people a lot of misery and suffering, by neurologically inducing depression, anxiety, anhedonia — all severe enough to require antidepressants or anti-anxiety drugs prescribed by a doctor.  

I agree though, that there may be many other causes for the symptoms that David555 listed in the first post of this thread.

Edited by Hip, 02 March 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#43 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

This may or not help http://www.webmd.com...ion-headaches#1

Depression with anxiety could explain all of the symptoms but not necessarily so

Since you were working out a lot, do you have any muscle strain, aches,  pains or injuries?

Edited by metabrain, 19 March 2017 - 11:27 AM.

#44 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

Guys he may be onto something, or is he just on something .. ?  Receding gums, really?  Also, if you have issues with TH and TPH2 go with horny goat weed and bacopa respectively.

Antiviral Res. 2005 Dec;68(3):124-34. Epub 2005 Sep 15.

Human cytomegalovirus-inhibitory flavonoids: studies on antiviral activity and mechanism of action.

Evers DL1Chao CFWang XZhang ZHuong SMHuang ES.

We report antiviral activity against human cytomegalovirus for certain dietary flavonoids and their likely biochemical mechanisms of action. Nine out of ten evaluated flavonoids blocked HCMV replication at concentrations that were significantly lower than those producing cytotoxicity against growing or stationary phase host cells. Baicalein was the most potent inhibitor in this series (IC(50)=0.4-1.2 microM), including positive control ganciclovir. Baicalein and genistein were chosen as model compounds to study the antiviral mechanism(s) of action for this series. Both flavonoids significantly reduced the levels of HCMV early and late proteins, as well as viral DNA synthesis. Baicalein reduced the levels of HCMV immediate-early proteins to nearly background levels while genistein did not. The antiviral effects of genistein, but not baicalein, were fully reversible in cell culture. Pre-incubation of concentrated virus stocks with either flavonoid did not inhibit HCMV replication, suggesting that baicalein did not directly inactivate virus particles. Baicalein functionally blocked epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase activity and HCMV nuclear translocation, while genistein did not. At 24h post infection HCMV-infected cells treated with genistein continued to express immediate-early proteins and efficiently phosphorylate IE1-72. However, HCMV induction of NF-kappaB and increases in the levels of cell cycle regulatory proteins--events that are associated with immediate-early protein functioning--were absent. The data suggested that the primary mechanism of action for baicalein may be to block HCMV infection at entry while the primary mechanism of action for genistein may be to block HCMV immediate-early protein functioning.

Brain Behav Immun. 2008 Jan;22(1):52-5. Epub 2007 Aug 20.

Cytomegalovirus is associated with depression and anxiety in older adults.

Phillips AC1Carroll DKhan NMoss P.

Infection with cytomegalovirus (CMV), a beta-herpesvirus, is common within the population. Although asymptomatic, infection is associated with increased serum concentrations of cytokines such as TNFalpha and IL-6, which are also related to mood and wellbeing. The present study examined whether infection with CMV was associated with mood in a community-based sample of older adults. Blood samples and scores on the General Health Questionnaire were available for 137 participants. Serum was analysed for the presence of CMV-specific IgG and the antibody titre was used as an indirect measure of viral load. The majority of the participants (66%) were CMV-seropositive and seropositive status was not associated with psychological morbidity. However, within the CMV-positive group, individuals with higher CMV-specific antibody titres were more likely to be depressed, anxious, and suffer more overall psychological morbidity. This association could be mediated by the impact of affect-moderating cytokines secreted through the CMV-specific immune response.

Cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr Virus Infection as a Cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Travelers to Tropical Countries

J. Gaschn, ?: Mavcos,J. Vidal, A. Garcia-Forcada, and M. Covachdn

Although for research purposes the clinical definition of the chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is well established, many aspects of this illness such as its etiology, pathogenesis, and treatment are still unknown. Even the clinical definition is subject to controversy,’,’ and although much effort has been expended in the investigation of the clinical aspects of the syndrome, little is known about its epidemiology. This article considers a cohort of 14 cases that meet the criteria of CFS.The signs and symptoms of CFS in these cases manifested during, or shortly after, a trip to a tropical country.These signs and symptoms appeared to be related to cytomegalovirus (MV) or Epstein-Barr virus infection (EBV).

• Informative x 1

#45 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the studies you posted, gamesguru. 

Cytomegalovirus is the only virus commonly known in medical science to be associated with anxiety, however, cytomegalovirus was not the virus I caught, as my virus has an unusually fast incubation period of 12 hours (which is very fast) that I observed on multiple occasions as different people caught my virus, whereas the incubation period of cytomegalovirus is 3 to 12 weeks. So that completely rules out cytomegalovirus as the virus I caught.

My blood tests showed high titers to coxsackievirus B4, which is an enterovirus, and many of the symptom produced by the virus I caught were very typical of enteroviruses. For a list of enterovirus symptoms, see here

That said, my blood tests also showed a reactivation of cytomegalovirus in my body, which may have resulted from the immunosuppressive effects of my enterovirus.

So it is possible that my reactivated cytomegalovirus is causing my anxiety and depression symptoms, with my enterovirus facilitating the reactivation of cytomegalovirus from its dormant state, due to enterovirus's immunosuppressive effects.

Most viruses that have been previously caught in life are kept in a mostly inactive, dormant state by a healthy immune system. But when the immune system is weakened slightly, dormant viruses can reactivate.

Edited by Hip, 19 March 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#46 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

"Coxsackie B viruses cause functional impairment and beta-cell death characterized by nuclear pyknosis."

Generally anything good for neurogenesis is going to help there (see below study).  How would you overcome CVB's "immunosuppressive effects"?  CVB, CMV, HSV all have ways of evading the immune response.  Herpes, for example, accomplishes this by supplying tons of decoy glyco-proteins which act to our antibodies like numerous instances of a detachable lizard's tail to a hawk.. clogging and inactivating nearby T-cells in the process and creating a cellular traffic jam.  The solution is pretty simple in this case, just to increase T-cells and antibody production til the virus is subdued.  I'd be curious what your lifestyle is like, any special foods (flavonoid rich, e.g. artichoke, red onion) or supps (see below study), meds, genetic traits.  Except for older people or ones born with immune system problems, the issue can often be put in check by lifestyle changes.

In the present study, light and electron microscopic observation showed that the rats microinjected with composited Aβ displayed dramatic neuropathological changes, including loss of neurons, nuclear pyknosis, neurofibrillary degeneration, neuronophagia, a significant infiltration of inflammatory cells, and disrupted subcellular structures. However, when rats injected with composited Aβ were treated with SBF for 38 d, the neuropathological changes were ameliorated. These results support our previous studies [89192021] and suggest that the effect of SBF (Scutellaria barbata flavonoids) on memory deficits induced by composited Aβ may be derived primarily from improving neuron survival.

#47 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

I'd be curious what your lifestyle is like, any special foods (flavonoid rich, e.g. artichoke, red onion) or supps (see below study), meds, genetic traits.  Except for older people or ones born with immune system problems, the issue can often be put in check by lifestyle changes.

I'd always been very interested in good diet, supplements, nootropics, exercise, yoga, etc, etc to maximize health. Currently have a salad once or twice a day, along with a range of supplements and the odd pharmaceutical or two. 

However, in spite of this, the virus I caught doesn't want to go away, and worse still, this virus has triggered myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome) in me, which keeps me semi-housebound and unable to work (the brain fog of ME/CFS is the thing that stops me working, as you just cannot think clearly with brain fog). 

Edited by Hip, 20 March 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#48 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

Yes, but who would throw his arms up in resignation and sit back with popcorn, while the next man settles for a partial cure and is thankful nonetheless?  I mean I have mild chronic fatigue, nothing to complain to the boss about but still there, some days more than others.  What could it be, perhaps your body doesn't produce a specific antibody or its delivery to your CNS is obscured?

Have you tried button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) and broccoli?  Have to go through a trial and error process to find what works for you.  They worked for me, better than oranges.  But in my case it was mostly stress-induced, dietary, sedation that contributed to my shit immune system.  They even work the other way, on autoimmune disease to lessen the immune response.  Like chicken soup for the cold

The fungal polysaccharides have broadly similar effects on plant cells as human, and mushroom powder is even being investigated as a method in organic farming of improving crop resistance to pests and disease.  One fungus is literally being used against another

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3158557/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27678509

#49 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Yes, but who would throw his arms up in resignation and sit back with popcorn

I am definitely not throwing my arms up in resignation.

There has not been a week in the last 12 years since I first developed ME/CFS from my virus that I have not been trying some pharmaceutical or supplement treatment. And not just individual medications, but often whole cocktails of meds aimed at a particular metabolic goal, or to follow a particular protocol used by the internationally renowned ME/CFS doctors (well known ME/CFS protocols like LDN, methylation protocol, immunomodulators like inosine and oxymatrine, antiviral drugs like Valtrex, Valcyte and Nexavir, etc).

But for the most part, these protocols only work for the lucky few. For most people, ME/CFS is an incurable disease. The percentage of people who recover is not high. Often they recover spontaneously after some years, other times they recover via a specific treatment. But recovery is not the norm. 

If you have mild ME/CFS, then you may be able to work part time or perhaps full time, but you will not be able to do anything else (ie, when you come home, you just tend fall asleep exhausted). You won't have any social life after work. 

If you have moderate ME/CFS, then you are not going to be able to work, and you wont be able to leave the house much, if at all. If you do leave the house, you will get hit with a nasty case of PEM (post-exertional malaise) the next day. PEM is one of the major limiting factors in ME/CFS. If you have severe ME/CFS, you won't even be able to leave your bed for most of the day, except for a few hours to eat and go to the bathroom.

I was getting worse and worse, and started to move into the severe ME/CFS category. However, after years of trial and error, a found a few treatments that work for me, and this improved my health so that now I am only moderate ME/CFS.

But my aim is to try to get to mild ME/CFS, as this would allow me to start working again. So I continue to try all sorts of treatments.

I have tried various immunomodulatory mushrooms, but they don't help. They are not really known to help ME/CFS. The immunomodulators that help ME/CFS tend to be those which shift the Th1/Th2 immune balance away from Th2 (ME/CFS patients tend to be stuck in Th2), and towards Th1 (which is the antiviral mode of the immune response, which is what you want to fight off viruses).

The latest medical treatment for ME/CFS is rituximab, an expensive drug ($50,000 for one year's treatment) which kills of all the B cells in your blood, which can then halt the autoimmune response (since B cells make autoantibodies). New ideas suggest ME/CFS may be an autoimmune disease. About one third of ME/CFS patients are being cured with rituximab, and another third get improvments, which is a major medical breakthrough. I am considering rituximab, but if it does not work, you will have wasted a lot of money.

Edited by Hip, 20 March 2017 - 11:37 PM.

#50 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

We found that an AbM-based extract (AndoSan, http://www.immunopharma.net/), also containing the medicinal Basidiomycetes mushrooms Hericium erinaceum (15%) and Grifola frondosa (3%), given orally increased survival from bacterial sepsis in mice inoculated i.p. a day afterward with pneumococci (Figure 2) [14] or fecal bacteria [15]. The mixed mushroom extract also protected against IgE-mediated allergy in a mouse model when given p.o. either before or after ovalbumin s.c. sensitization of the animals (Figure 3) [16]. In supernatants of cultured spleen cells from the sacrificed AbM-treated mice, there was an increased T-helper cell 1 response relative to the allergy-inducing Th2 response

you can also try these things:

ALA+ALCAR, Indian Soma Latha, Siberian Maral Root, Artic Root, Rhodiola Crenulata, Fo Ti Tieng and Nopal Cactus, Schizandra

#51 dk2011

• 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

David555, can you update on your condition and what you found to work to relieve your symptoms? I’m having a similar problem and need help! Thanks!

#52 YOLF

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:06 PM

That's a good suggestion, in principle at least, but unfortunately most antivirals are not as powerful as their antibiotic counterparts. With an antibiotic, for common infections, a course 5 or 10 days of antibiotics is typically enough to get rid the infection. If only we had antivirals that work with equal efficacy!   

Nitazoxanide is microbicidal and can work in as little as 3 days, though some viruses are only kept in check (patients with Hep A/B? take it daily for suppression)), it's probably the first broad spectrum Rx antiviral. Killed the bulk of my last viral infection immediately, we're talking gone in 48 hours. Then there's Monolaurin, I just read about it and ordered some yesterday to try when the time comes, but it is also an understudied food based microbicidal from coconut and good for skin too!

#53 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

What happens when you stop exercising for a few days?

#54 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

You know, the symptoms OP has described may very well be asked of the missing health profession - ophthalmologist.

Have you gotten your eyes checked?
Acute light sensitivity or sudden long-sightedness may cause terrible head cramps and parenthesia. It’s probably not the thinking that causes the pain or fogginess or the tingling, but the reading.

You can still read closely or in a bright condition, but usually at the cost of straining your eyes and having a sort of a shockwave feeling through your optic nerves, and therefore such tingling around your “frontal” side of your head.

Just an opinion.

Edited by recon, 28 December 2017 - 05:05 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#55 Zed

• 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

You know, the symptoms OP has described may very well be asked of the missing health profession - ophthalmologist.

Acute light sensitivity or sudden long-sightedness may cause terrible head cramps and parenthesia. It’s probably not the thinking that causes the pain or fogginess or the tingling, but the reading.

You can still read closely or in a bright condition, but usually at the cost of straining your eyes and having a sort of a shockwave feeling through your optic nerves, and therefore such tingling around your “frontal” side of your head.

Just an opinion.

He did mention he couldn't drive for more than 40 mins and just couldn't stand to look at the road.

However wouldn't  he have been self aware of the light sensitivity or long or shortsightedness given his self observation and general insight seemed cogent?

#56 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Just an opinion.

He did mention he couldn't drive for more than 40 mins and just couldn't stand to look at the road.

However wouldn't he have been self aware of the light sensitivity or long or shortsightedness given his self observation and general insight seemed cogent?
Sometimes the most obvious and simplest solution seems to be the most implausible when situations look to be dire.

The reason why I suggested the eye problem was because of a friend who had such symptoms for days before pinpointing that it was a sudden onset nearsightedness. The pain and tingles were between the eyes and felt as though they were behind the forehead and nose bridge; they, at first didn’t feel like it was induced by the eyes. Initially, it was though that the “migraines” made the eyes defocus and difficult to maintain rather than the other way around.

This another example may be naive, but on an episode of the TV series Lost, a character Sawyer began experiencing headaches before they realize he needed reading glasses.

Just an opinion for OP to consider.

Edited by recon, 01 January 2018 - 12:02 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#57 krab2

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:44 AM

Just registered here to revive this dead topic, because i had similar horrendous experience with uridine. Single pill made me depressed, suicidal, tired , anhedonic. Got a weird headache which was isolated in the left side of the brain and accompanied by some pressure which i never experienced before. I also having similar experience with choline , when i tried it some time before. What is it all about ? And it wasn't regular headache, it felt like it might be cerebral blood flow disorder. is it possible ?

I relieved all symptoms with levetiracetam and ibuprofen, because it was unbearable condition.

Edited by krab2, 31 March 2020 - 02:08 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine, choline, epa, dha, insomnia, headache, depression, acetylcholine, stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users