EYE FLOATERS

eye floaters

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 john23

• 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hi to all the community,

5 years ago i made the worst decision of my life undergoing a PRK refractive surgery for correcting myopia. After this catastrophic surgery i have a vision full of big lines,dots,cobwebs and also poor night vision with glare,halos and starbrusts.I could manage to afford the bad night vision but the severe floaters is a constant nightmare. 

I have seen some topics on this board about eye floaters but from the past. I was wondering if anyone here will same condition managed somehow to get rid of those garbage protein in vitreous.

Thank you

Edited by john23, 08 June 2016 - 01:30 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

I had terrible floaters some years ago due to vitreous detachments. They have reduced a lot over time. Gravity tends to eventually settle them out of the field of vision, and white blood cells may eventually clear some away as well. I am surprised you got them from corrective surgery, which should not affect the vitreous. Something else may be going on, and it would be a good idea to see an ophthalmologist to rule out serious problems such as retinal detachment.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

I agree with nowayout. Sounds like you got an infection, either from surgery itself, or it simply coincided in time. Some persistent virus maybe -? The same kind of virus may affect the lacrimal and salivary glands. Did you notice dryer eyes and also mouth by any chance? Dry eyes are felt during the day, and dry mouth at night. 

#4 john23

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

First of all thank for your replies.

I didn't have dry eyes but i agree with you that it was probably an infection cause of surgery or from the steroid drops. I was mild-nearsighted ( -4.00 in both eyes) and if i compare my situation now with the situation before the surgery its like comparing day with night. I have found many people complaining for floaters after Lasik or Prk and numerous people who regretted a lot for undergo them. I was examined for a possible retinal detachement by many doctors but they didn't find anything. However one of them told me that he could see some abnormalities in retina but he stated that they are not needing some kind of therapy for the present. I think the corrective surgeries really injure the eye and their statistics are completely fake. Consider that my case counted as successfull by them. Unfortunately i didn't have the appropriate research and i drive to the slaughterhouse without warnings.

• Informative x 2

#5 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:18 AM

i have congenital floaters. heard good things about NAC, supposedly gets rid of floaters because it's an antioxidant, sounds totally believable right lol? steroids + surgery = bad

Inflammatory optic neuropathy as the presenting feature of herpes simplex acute retinal necrosis
P J Francis, H Jackson, M R Stanford, and E M Graham (2003)

Acute retinal necrosis (ARN) is a rare but serious ophthalmic manifestation of infection by the herpesvirus family. In the immunocompetent, the viral agent most frequently identified is varicella zoster (VZV) followed by herpes simplex (HSV-1 and HSV-2) and rarely cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr virus. The condition, which may present with synchronous or metachronous systemic or cerebral herpetic infection (encephalitis) is now recognised to occur at all ages,1 though VZV tends to affect the more elderly and herpes simplex the young.

The majority of patients present with a short history of blurred vision, floaters, and mild ocular discomfort. In the immunocompetent, clinical examination reveals one or more well demarcated foci of retinal necrosis outside the major arterial arcades typically with a dense vitritis that may preclude a detailed view of the posterior segment. Disease progression is rapid with coalescence and posterior extension of areas of retinitis. Often there is an occlusive, sometimes haemorrhagic, vasculitis either adjacent to areas of retinitis or at the optic nerve. The visual prognosis for untreated cases is very poor.2

We report three immunocompetent patients with no evidence of concurrent herpesvirus infection in whom ipsilateral optic neuritis associated with a panuveitis was the presenting feature of their acute retinal necrosis syndrome.

• Informative x 1

#6 john23

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

I know about NAC drops, they designed for cataracts but some people admit they help them somehow with floaters. However, this is slightly unbelievable. Almost 2 years now a fund raising is available and the goal is to find a treatment, without surgery most from enzymatic sector. Please consider support that try, especially if you also suffer from vitreous floaters.

https://www.gofundme.com/floaters

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:47 AM

First of all thank for your replies.

I didn't have dry eyes but i agree with you that it was probably an infection cause of surgery or from the steroid drops. I was mild-nearsighted ( -4.00 in both eyes) and if i compare my situation now with the situation before the surgery its like comparing day with night. I have found many people complaining for floaters after Lasik or Prk and numerous people who regretted a lot for undergo them. I was examined for a possible retinal detachement by many doctors but they didn't find anything. However one of them told me that he could see some abnormalities in retina but he stated that they are not needing some kind of therapy for the present. I think the corrective surgeries really injure the eye and their statistics are completely fake. Consider that my case counted as successfull by them. Unfortunately i didn't have the appropriate research and i drive to the slaughterhouse without warnings.

I've had them for years, however after increasing my vit D and K, plus tocotrienols, RLA plus, and Astaxanthin, I barely notice them now, still there, but completely faded through. I found that rolling your eyes upward as far as they can go and holding it for a 3 count helps keep them out of direct vision, may have to do it several times a day. Astaxanthin seemed to really help after I added it to my regimen. Hope that helps you. 

#8 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

astaxanthin is a really potent antioxidant. seems everything being mentioned is. it would be remarkable if antioxidants could reverse old floaters, ones you had from birth especially.

The obtained data hypothesized that, when the vitreous humor were treated with the Nd: YAG laser, it induces optical breakdown. Because of the shortpulsed nature (4 n sec) and the highly localized site of this laser, the temperature reaches several thousand degrees Kelvin, but the extremely short duration of the energy increase makes widespread thermal effects unlikely and produces a shock wave. The shock wave transient could conceivably collapse the vitreous in a purely mechanical fashion. This Change in the gel state structure of the vitreous humor, because of laser photo disruption, may lead to decrease of antioxidant, which normally protect vitreous humor from free radical. This would lead to loss of vitreous function to scavenge free radicals 23. These free radicals play an important role in liquefaction of vitreous. Vitreous humor liquefaction exerts stress on retina especially at the photoreceptor layer and is associated with vitreoretinal pathology 24, 25. The obtained results are in agreement with previous results that studied an experimental model of vitreoretinopathy obtained by direct production of free radicals in the vitreous body 26.

• Informative x 1

#9 john23

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Eye is a close system so i believe its difficult to consume anything to reach the eye. Here we must mention that we are not talking about ordinary eye floaters that someone could barely see in an extremely sunny day and looking at the sky. I speak about enormous shapes, lines with a Z formation that you can see even in night. One tiny moving dot can't affect you so much but when we are talking about big chains in your central vision then is a matter of life. Unfortunately vitrectomy can't be a choise even if you have a vision full of floaters because it carries a lot of irreversible complications. However some patients decide to undergo vitrectomy for the hope of a clear vision but in many cases they regret a lot. In my opinion eye is too sensitive to afford any surgery.

• Good Point x 1

#10 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

grandpa had surgery for glaucoma which went well, so not every eye surgery carries that large risk.

and anything what was not active orally could potentially be applied with eyedrops, checking out safety concerns first of course.

#11 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

Eye is a close system so i believe its difficult to consume anything to reach the eye. Here we must mention that we are not talking about ordinary eye floaters that someone could barely see in an extremely sunny day and looking at the sky. I speak about enormous shapes, lines with a Z formation that you can see even in night. One tiny moving dot can't affect you so much but when we are talking about big chains in your central vision then is a matter of life. Unfortunately vitrectomy can't be a choise even if you have a vision full of floaters because it carries a lot of irreversible complications. However some patients decide to undergo vitrectomy for the hope of a clear vision but in many cases they regret a lot. In my opinion eye is too sensitive to afford any surgery.

If you are seeing a gigantic Z superimposed on your vision it could be prelude to a migraineous stroke or indicate a brain tumor. See a Doctor immediately! 

#12 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

astaxanthin is a really potent antioxidant. seems everything being mentioned is. it would be remarkable if antioxidants could reverse old floaters, ones you had from birth especially.

The obtained data hypothesized that, when the vitreous humor were treated with the Nd: YAG laser, it induces optical breakdown. Because of the shortpulsed nature (4 n sec) and the highly localized site of this laser, the temperature reaches several thousand degrees Kelvin, but the extremely short duration of the energy increase makes widespread thermal effects unlikely and produces a shock wave. The shock wave transient could conceivably collapse the vitreous in a purely mechanical fashion. This Change in the gel state structure of the vitreous humor, because of laser photo disruption, may lead to decrease of antioxidant, which normally protect vitreous humor from free radical. This would lead to loss of vitreous function to scavenge free radicals 23. These free radicals play an important role in liquefaction of vitreous. Vitreous humor liquefaction exerts stress on retina especially at the photoreceptor layer and is associated with vitreoretinal pathology 24, 25. The obtained results are in agreement with previous results that studied an experimental model of vitreoretinopathy obtained by direct production of free radicals in the vitreous body 26.

I did'nt see mine until my late thirties, they were prominent since early forties. It's arterial plaque, everyone has it to some degree, and disagree, they can be dispersed, as can all plaque with antioxidant supplementation. At least they are working for me, I rarely notice them in my line of vision, if I look closely they have a bronze tint. Are those the ones your speaking of ?

#13 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

mine are more black. they appear as either tiny dots or giant constellations, or something in between. I realized what they were in 9th grade but had them as early as 2nd grade and presumably sooner. until the 9th grade I assumed they were a bird or speck or dust moving past my field of vision, dumb kid I was lol

these ones that you have from birth, idk how much they have to do with plaque and how much antioxidants will help.

Edited by gamesguru, 12 June 2016 - 05:45 PM.

#14 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

I used to have a whole circle of zig zags. Before my current illness the circles were even. These days they seem more broken up. The zig zag shapes more random

#15 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

I used to have a whole circle of zig zags. Before my current illness the circles were even. These days they seem more broken up. The zig zag shapes more random

its possible theyve settled or deposited over time into new locations.

#16 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

I thought they were just hallucinations. What are they then?
I thought they were just hallucinations. What are they then?This is migraine I'm talking about

#17 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:52 PM

If there Migraine, you will have physical symptoms as well, if you have ever considered them as hallucinations, as obviously you have, I would consider consulting a Physician and having a CAT scan done. Why take a chance, when medical treatment is virtually free, now, here in America?

#18 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were from another country. In any event, hopefully you can address these problems with adequate and competent professional medical help. 

#19 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

hallucinatory patterns strangely in sync with the pivoting of your eyeball

#20 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

Floaters are dots, blobs, or cobwebby objects drifting in the vitreous gel filling your eyeball that can be small or large. The are different in each eye - you cannot see the same floater with both eyes. If you move your eye, floaters will typically keep moving a bit after your eye stops moving.

Visual migraines can occur without any pain or other physical symptoms. They appear as a scintillating blind area in your vision. Unlike floaters, it looks exactly the same in both eyes since the disturbance us in the brain. You may be able to make out rapidly flashing zigzag shapes in the blind area. It usually starts small, grows to a large area, and then shrinks away to nothing within an hour or so.

Google images to see typical images of both.

#21 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

I've had loads of scans.Definitely migraines is what I have

#22 john23

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

If you want you can sign some of the petitions running for eye floaters. It will not take more than 1 minute

https://www.change.o...re-eye-floaters

http://www.ipetition...tment-needed-by

https://secure.avaaz...tement/?sBOUUkb

• Enjoying the show x 1

#23 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

is there somewhere i can sign a petition against diabetes and alzheimer's too?

#24 john23

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:07 PM

I think yes if you search gofundme and change.org they must be plenty petitions and fund raisers.

Edited by john23, 11 July 2016 - 11:07 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#25 john23

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:24 PM

A fellow sufferer started a donation funding page in which he demands just 1$ to help fight the degenerative vitreous syndrome.

https://www.youcarin...undation-609899

• Informative x 1

#26 Logan075

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:14 AM

John, after reading the responses to your post it is obvious that education on our condition will have to be a big part of our outreach plan.  I am unable to post links yet, but I am hoping anyone who experiences them to any degree will consider joining our group on facebook.  We are "Eye Floaters - Demand a Cure!".   Anyone here who is an advocate of indefinite life extension, needs to be concerned with the health of the vitreous body/humor.  If we are able to regenerate the rest of the human body and not the vitreous, it will not be a very pleasant existence.

• Agree x 3

#27 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:36 AM

Hi, happy to see this topic on the forum. I've had a vitrectomy and an intraocular lens in my left eye due to a torn retina. Three weeks ago i started to use visomitin drops in bohh eyes, the active ingredient is skq1. Im not sure if its doing anything good for me, it may even be bad for my vision, i'm not sure.
Are there more people using visomitin eye drops?
Hi, happy to see this topic on the forum. I've had a vitrectomy and an intraocular lens in my left eye due to a torn retina. Three weeks ago i started to use visomitin drops in bohh eyes, the active ingredient is skq1. Im not sure if its doing anything good for me, it may even be bad for my vision, i'm not sure.
Are there more people using visomitin eye drops?

#28 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

I have floaters now too

#29 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

the skq1 has been studied on on age-related MD, e.g. photodegredation models.  but it shouldn't be harmful?

and ceridwen, did you just notice them?  because most people have them from birth, but notice them while playing sports in the middle school years (at least that's when i noticed them).

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#30 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

@gamesguru. The quality of my vision isnt very stable, sometimes its pretty good but most times it isnt. After three weeks i cant say i'm noticing an obvious improvement, and the last few days i've put about 6 drops per eye per day, they felt irritated, my eyelids drooping more than normal. So i'm interested in people sharing their visomitin experiences.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users